main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Weather/Natural Disaster Discussion

Discussion in 'Community' started by Skywalker8921, Apr 29, 2014.

1. PCCViking

PCCViking 6x Wacky Wednesday Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Jun 12, 2014
    Good point.

Juliet316 likes this.
  2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
  3. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    ... a major storm is expected to suddenly form in the Gulf of Mexico - probably Zeta, meaning we've tied with the most named storms (and that particular year their Zeta formed at the end of December). Where it's going is anybody's guess. I recommend that anyone living in the Gulf Coast states keep a very, very close eye on this one.

4. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Tropical Storm Zeta has been formed, is projected to peak as a hurricane, and hit somewhere between Louisiana and the Florida Panhandle.

The Gulf Coast just can't get a ****ing break this year.

5. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Geez, really.

Master_Lok and Runjedirun like this.
  6. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    It is very conforting to know the ruling party takes global warming seriously. :rolleyes:

Juliet316 likes this.
  7. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Annnd it's snowing outside my window again. However, it's supposed to warm up and be sunny for the next 10 days or so. We got covered in snow on Tuesday. Second earliest time for snow in the last 10 years or so. First earliest was 2018 on 10-14.

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Hope Zeta misses LA for JEDI-SOLO's sake.

JEDI-SOLO, Rew, Juliet316 and 3 others like this.
  9. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    the season's most popular hurricane track

10. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Pirates of the Caribbean, but with a bigger line.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  11. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Woke up to snow today [face_plain]

12. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    What is snow?

so Billy and Zeta are meeting it looks like right over Louisiana. Gonna get wet and cool.

I really do need Zeta to keep tracking eastward this time though. We can’t ride out even a low TS in an unanchored RV so go east so we don’t have move this thing again...

On the bright side today we are finally 2months to the day getting FEMA clearing our yard of debris! One more pile left which is our house pile which they just got clearance for today..it’s been all trees this entire time ok ‘ed only... yikes. Already looks so much better, will be able to cut the grass shortly!

13. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    I was going to say I was happy for you, but then I looked again and that wasn't a happy face.

14. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I like snow, but not in October

Alpha-Red and PCCViking like this.
  15. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Thanks to nearby wind-driven fires I've been experiencing some of the worst air quality in the country today.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    typhoon molave in the western pacific is the equivalent of a cat-4 after interacting with and moving through the philippines. vietnam is evacuating 1.3 million people in advance of the storm's landfall tomorrow, country has already had a rough storm season. wish them the best.

17. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    I HAVE THE INTERNETS AND CABLE BACK! 61 days.

I don’t see how Zeta is supposed to go from Mexico all the way up here by tomorrow. That thing would have to really build up some speed I’d think to cross in 24 hours.

18. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    [​IMG]

pace of this storm is incredible. forecast for landfall in louisiana this evening, and 24 hours later, it will be on the atlantic coast of new jersey!

it sounds like some shear is digging in to weaken it, but new orleans will get some wind and a test of their improved infrastructure.

JEDI-SOLO likes this.
  19. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, if it's fast moving hopefully that will mean that areas already saturated/flooded won't get as much rain.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  20. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    It really is zipping along. Good news that. We got a band in earlier that filled the newly clear ditches this AM. So happy we got that dodge thanks to Billy and we able to stay put though it is going to be a slight little ride in that unanchored RV tonight as we are expecting to get some 40 mph wind.

Im going back to Houston tomorrow or next day to see my mutt and cat.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    If that track is 100% accurate, the outline of the storm's path will miss my house but probably level my neighbor's.

22. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Landfall imminent.

Damn that thing blew up way more then I was expecting. 110mph Cat 2.

23. JEDI-SOLO

Feb 12, 2002
    Dp edit window is done.

getting some gust through here... just took off my neighbors dog roof and having no walls in the house it was loud when that metal ripped and hit ground. Damn I thought it was something here at my house..I leapt out the chair and ran outside fearing this 2nd tarp job had ripped.

Oh and also with the snap of a finger that coolness from Billy is now coming in mixed with the outside gust Zeta is blowing. Feels pretty great actually.

stay safe Zeta path peeps

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  24. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    people are out driving and walking around in new orleans, as the eye is currently passing over. it doesn't look like rain is posing much threat there - coastal mississippi is taking the stronger side of the storm and the surge. this thing is moving so, so quickly that hopefully nobody's taking even the harshest parts of it for very long.

i don't know if we've got anyone in that area, but yes indeed, stay safe.

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011