main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

St. Lou, MO Website thread!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by _Mike_, Dec 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _Mike_

_Mike_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2002
    We really should have a website for the STLFF. We could post all kinds of stuff there, I'd be willing to help make the site. I have Macromedia Studio MX, and Photoshop. I'd be willing to head up the project, and if anyone else would want to help, contact me. I'd like to do this (with permission of the Great Tabee of cource.

2. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Jedi_Commander_Faofa Jedi Master star 4

Mar 17, 2003
  3. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Fishii had started it. Truthfully I haven't had the time to work with it so why don't you, _Mike_ and JCF, contact her and and see if you can get things rolling. I can send some pictures to whoever wants them to get them on the site. Beyond that I give all of you free reign on the site, with in reason of course. I'd suggest having links to here and our yahoogroup as well. Maybe you could also link any individual sites our fellow members have (ie Mine, JCF's, Jon's and whoever else's). Maybe a member list or something like that as well.

When we have our site running well we can have it linked this site as well.

Let me know how I can help.

4. Jedi_Tabee

Jedi_Tabee Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 6, 2001
    hun, to be honest, I have no idea why we don't have a site. Lots of people have offered to work on it... and I think they start, but RL or whatever distract them and they forget about it.

if you want tow ork on it, go ahead. I'd do some work.. but I on;y know basic basic HTML.

let's see... what else... I do have a host that I'm willing to put stuff on, I'm not sure how much space I have, but what I haven't already used is all yours.

right now, look for a free site thingy, someday we might actually shell out the cash for a good one... until then, we'll do what we can with what's available (or maybe we'll be lucky and some very nice person will pay for it for us... that would be nice :D)

um... am I forgetting anything?

oh right, with, what 4 people working on this, I'm sure there is bound to be disagreements about set ups, if this happens, I think you should post the disagreement in this thread and the rest of us will help you reach a (oh crap... what's the word?! uh uh... brain fart... brain fart!!! :_|) compromise.

There, I think that's everything I wanted to say about this :)

oh, and good luck!

5. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Freewebs.com is the best free service right now, but you can only get about 6 or 7 pages free I think. Then you have to start paying. :(

I love it though. Much better than my other server. ;)

6. dudeman

dudeman Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    well you guys could ( if you needed more than 6 or 7 pages) start up a bunch of different websites and just link them all (all of them just like one big free website)

7. _Mike_

_Mike_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 20, 2002
    Dudeman- But thats too annoying....

http://www.free-webhosts.com/ <--- Very helpful site....

8. yodaismygod

yodaismygod Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Ok, I have no artistic abilities when it comes to making a web page, but I have used dudemans method a couple times.

9. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
  10. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    dudeman's method might work, at least until we decide to get a pay account. Maybe if everyone forks over a couple ($1-2) bucks we could get one. Kinda like a dues to the club maybe. Just a thought.

11. CuppaJoe

CuppaJoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 24, 2002
  12. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    I'm renovating the site atm. I found another webspace and I'm playing around with that for a little bit.

Here's my plans:

News - Upcoming meets and stuff

Meetings - Summaries of past meetings

Members - Little mini-profiles. We could work up a little set of questions (Name, JC handle, favourite colour, etc) and have that. Pictures, if folks will volunteer them

Gallery - Self-Explanatory

Links - Ditto

The whole group can work up a blurb for the main page.

If you have anything to give for any category, just email moi at archvadersociety@graffiti.net

Page: http://home.graffiti.net/archvadersociety:graffiti.net (trying to work out if I can get around the stuff after the colon)

Yay.

13. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    You could put the pics from the yahoo group onto the site.

14. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    what is the yahoo group address?

15. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/starwars_stl/

16. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Well, as much as I would love to help out with the STLFF site, I have been busy with my Jedi Wars site, I have renovated the site with a new banner and new look,(I think it's finally taking off the ground! YAYY! :D ) adding actual AFFILIATES now (huzzah!) and I just built a message board for the guards at Ren Faire. That, and I run the message board for my fencing group, and I try to run my regular home page of Jedi Wars. That, and I have schoolwork, Faire business, I'm trying to get an actual job, I'm getting my license sometime this week, etc., etc.

I will gladly affiliate with the STLFF site, I have my coding at Jedi Wars at the bottom of the boards. If any of you by chance have other sites, I could affiliate with those too. I'm trying to keep the affiliates Star Wars type, not LOTR, or any other subject. Although that might be nice.. I don't know, I'm just now getting people to come to the site. I've got one from Australia now!!

I'll talk to you all later.

17. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Sorry, double post.. ;)

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I have been thinking of getting a paid account somewhere maybe freewebs. I'd be happy to host our site as long as we can raise the cash for a domain name.

Or I just found out about Tripod which is supposed to give 20MG of space free. I guess we really need to get talking about content we want on the page and who will be the "webmaster." Based on schedules though, I think this is more of a project for the summer.

19. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    20 MB of free space would be sufficient for our needs. However, all those "free" sites garner their money by putting pop ups all over your pages.

Currently, I have pleanty of space on my website, but there's no domain name. If someone wanted to get the domain name ($10 a year or something like that I think) I can host for the next 2 and 1/2 years.

20. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    Freewebs.Com has absolutely NO pop-up ads. Which is very good... :D

Yes, it definitely would have to be a summer project thing.. We need a logo too. Would we use the one that is here at TFN or would we make another one?

21. CuppaJoe

Aug 24, 2002
    There should also be some STL FF buddy icons.

22. Jedi_Commander_Faofa

Mar 17, 2003
    This is definitely going to have to be a group effort. I had no idea I was going to be as busy as I am right now...

We need a list. Who is interested in helping out with a website for our group?

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I know the html to do it but I am aweful at pictures and the like. If someone gets the photos and decides how to lay it out I can write it. Also Jon volunteered to host it, so we can have that.

website project
    *Dajuan-HTML
    *Jon-Hosting

Granted I have no time until summer...

24. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    I'm good at organizing pictures for sites, so I could do that.

Same thing with time though. Until summer, I'm booked.

25. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    We can and should have more than one person on each duty. This will be a joint effort and should be agreeable to everyone.

website project
    *Dajuan-HTML
    *Jon-Hosting
    *Brian-pictures

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.