main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Wedge Antilles Fans Unite!!!

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Captain Page, Jun 28, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cailina

Cailina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 1999
    So anyone gonna start the Wedge Temple? I'd start it but my threads have this nasty habit of dying very quickly.

2. Delba Fett

Delba Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 29, 2000
    Hey Mirax! Been in hyperspace looking for a job. Also my sister's computer sux, kinda like QX. I'd have to agree that Wedge wouldn't want a temple in his honor. And he is modest for a Corellian. That means that instead of being ten times as egotistical as everyone, Wedge is only five times. :)

May the Great One save our ass again!

3. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    Delba's back! Yay! :D

Well, the temple's coming whether you like it or not so there! :p Besides, that's Wedge's endearing trait, being a modest Corellian and all.

I would Cailina, but you'll notice that I'm also in the "Threadkiller"'s thread. *sigh*

4. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=559944&replies=0
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=559963&replies=0

I accidently made two Wedge temples. :eek:

Oops.

5. Corell

Corell Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2000
    Hey Mirax, if it's a Wedge thread, I support it all the way!! No way I'm gonna let that thread die!

6. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Good to hear that Corell! :D

7. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Uppers! This thread can't die cause Wedge Rulz! :D

8. Corell

Jul 5, 2000
    ANTILLES/CELCHU '00!!!!

9. Corell

Jul 5, 2000
    Ok, we need a discussion topic. Since we have established SoA as the fav Wedge book, let's talk about Iella. Does everyone think she is the right one for him?? (Never mind the fact that they have kids later). Personally, I think she is perfect.

10. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    *Anyone* is better than Q** SUX!!

11. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    Yeah, they have that personality mix that is perfect for a relationship. I think it's great how they came to get together. Wedge was sweet, unique, and so very Wedge when he tried to propose to her in SoA. :)

12. Captain Page

Captain Page Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 22, 2000
    I'm back. Wedge and Iella are perfect for each other, no question. Unless of course, you would prefer QX? *Cptn. Page seen jumping into middle of street after writing that.*

Anyway.... Wedge RULZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else here have Wedge and Tycho's new CCG cards? Tycho's is messed up but Wedge looks as cool as ever.

Antilles/Celchu '00

13. Corell

Jul 5, 2000
    I was thinking about starting a thread for all Corellians-with Wedge as the highlight, of course. Sort of like a Corellian Embassy.

14. Corell

Jul 5, 2000
    Wedge: "....so, am I to old to be doing this?"
    Tycho: "Wedge, over the last four months I've flown against--and shot down--every one of the kids you have going on this mission. So have you." Tycho let a low chuckle rumble from his throat. "If you're too old for this, the New Republic might as well give up now. Barring a squadron of Jedi Knights winging their way in here, you're the best we've got. That may not impress you, but there are plenty of Imp pilots out there who don't sleep the whole night through because of dreams about you being on their tails."

Doesn't that just warm your hearts?? The funny thing is, Wedge is 27 at the time this is said. Getting up there, but not over the hill yet.....

Taken from "Rogue Squadron", by Michael A. Stackpole, page 315, last paragraph.

15. Delba Fett

Apr 29, 2000
    There is nothing wrong with being 27 and feeling old! Besides if Wedge was 18 when he joined (I know I should know this, but I can't remember. It's okay if everyone hates me now.) then he has been fighting for 9 years already. War takes a massive toll on the body. But as long as you have a cheerful spirit and can take a joke, sound like anyone?, then you can survive anything. Just goes to prove how incredibly great he is.

Antilles/ Janson '00
    :D

16. Corell

Jul 5, 2000
    Actually, I think he was 17, because he was 15 when his parents were killed, then he ran guns for the Rebellion for two years. He was recriuted in the middle to end of the second year. But it's a good point.

17. Captain Page

Captain Page Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 22, 2000
    Speaking of which, does anyone know if Tycho is older than Wedge?

Also, does anyone know who joined the Alliance first, Wedge or Janson?

Wedge RULZ! (in the air/vacuum, at least)

Antilles/Celchu '00 (we're gonna have to change these after the elections)

18. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    I'd say the Tycho is older and that Janson joined the Alliance before Wedge. Anyone agree?

19. Queen_Pixie

Queen_Pixie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 20, 1999
    Hmm..does it say WHICH birthday Tycho was celebrating when Alderaan blew up? I'm guessing 19, since you had to be 18 to go to the Academy.

No clue on Wes...

20. Delba Fett

Apr 29, 2000
    I believe Wedge is actually the youngest of the old ones. If I remember correctly, they're talking about it in SoA. I just don't have my book handy to reference it.

Antilles/Janson '00

21. Mirax Terrik

Mar 11, 2000
    All I know is that Wedge was twenty in the Battle of Yavin according to the novelization of SW, but that book's a bit messed up in some places so I don't trust it.

22. Corell

Jul 5, 2000
    Tycho is the oldest by nine months over Wedge, then Wedge, and I think Hobbie and Janson are the same age (physically, anyway ;). I think Wedge joined before Janson, and Biggs before any of them. In fact, Biggs did join before all of them. For age, and the particular age bit, see "Rogue Squadron", the book. If anyone cares, Corran is younger than all of them.

23. Corell

Jul 5, 2000
    Yeah, Corran is 2 years younger than Wedge. Janson and Hobbie are in the middle of Corran and Wedge, and like I said, Tycho is the oldest.

24. Corell

Jul 5, 2000
    Tycho was 21 when Alderaan was destroyed--Winter says it in either "Wedge's Gamble" or "The Krytos Trap".

25. Corell

Jul 5, 2000
    And Wedge was 20, Mirax, 'cuz Luke was 20, and Wedge and Luke were the youngest to survive Yavin. Janson didn't join until after Yavin, but before Hoth, and Hobbie about the same time, but Tycho joined a month or so before Hoth--so he joined the latest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.