main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Week 1] Task.. So, if a metal bassist met a college student...

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother 3: The Mods Strike Back' started by RidingMyCarousel, Sep 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002

Well, just for kicks, I'll be doing all of the tasks (but getting no points). But I figure I should.. maybe it'd make me look responsible (ha!).

So, yeah. I'm James. I'm 20 years old and I'm a college student/musician/HVAC service technician (sorta). I'm studying for a degree in theology and one in biology. I write music and play a lot and have recorded for the past few years. This upcoming week is the debut of my first CD, so I'm pretty hyped up for it. And tomorrow I have two Biology exams. Yipee!

Anyways.

Growing up, I always wanted to be a metal bassit for any decent metal band. I've always wanted to go on tour and my first instrument was a bass. Actually, this was just one of my many dreams and hopes growing up, but I thought it'd be the most fun to write about. I was pretty stubborn.. the typical metal head with long hair, baggy clothes, an all black t-shirt collection from many bands, etc. And I just wanted to do that for a living.. and play some kickass, in your face music.

Nowadays, though, I'm not so much that anymore. I'm actually responsible (to a degree) and I'm taking things a bit more seriously. I'm still fun to be around.. sometimes. And I love college. Being a college student is perhaps one of the coolest things out there. So I'm cherishing every second I have.

And if the two met, the "dream" me would probably ignore the "now" me. Why? Because when I wanted to be that metal head bassist, I ignored everyone. :)

And that's it.
    Questions? Comments? Green Jinn?

~ James

2. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    Aren't there rules against you getting involved? We're trying to have fun here!

3. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Oh bah, farrie. :p

~ James

4. StarWars_Revelation

StarWars_Revelation Jedi Master star 5

Aug 5, 2001
    Ignoring people is no way to go through life. I suggest the new you tell the old you to see a therapist.

5. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    I object to this on matters of principle!!

6. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    if you're doing the tasks, we should be able to vote you out!

7. StarWars_Revelation

StarWars_Revelation Jedi Master star 5

Aug 5, 2001
    I object to you on matters of principle!

Served!

8. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    honestly, if you're going to participate, you had better do really lame at it, so that if you WERE ranked, you'd be ranked last!!

9. Darth_AYBABTU

Darth_AYBABTU Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 8, 2001

Wouldn't it be better if only the housemates participated in tasks? Shouldn't the housemates be compared against each other and not against the game managers?

AYBABTU

10. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    If you all don't want me to participate, I won't.

I didn't see a problem with it, but if you all do, I don't mind backing off.

~ James

11. carmenite42

carmenite42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 21, 2003
    well, i see where rhett is coming from - don't want you to outshine us ;)

12. droideka27

May 28, 2002
    I don't have a problem with you participating in most ways, but it seems since the tasks are being ranked, that it's a bit weird to have you participating just for fun. Maybe you could participate a bit less formally.

EDIT: pretend this post was meaner. I am in too cheerful a mood at the moment to be mean. :)

13. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Oh, I wasn't intending to do every task.

Only get involved where I need be.
    There may be a task or two where I have to get involved, but those are few and far between.

And I only did this one because it's sort of like a 'breaking the ice' bit, since I don't know all of you. I figured I'd try to introduce myself just through the task.

~ James

14. Terr_Mys

Terr_Mys Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 19, 2002
    S'ok Jamesy, we all love you still [face_love]

In fact, I have a thing for bass players. :)

PS: Sorry I haven't worked on that song yet. Life is hectic. Maybe we can make songwriting a challenge in here, then I could be motivated. :)

15. Dark_Jedi_Kam

Dark_Jedi_Kam Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 2002
    Yeah but your I wanted to be a metal bassist thread makes my wanted to be a metal bassist thread look like I copied you. But hey now I have something to talk to you about when this is all over

16. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Nah, no worries, Kam. :)

And Terr, no worries. :)

hehe, no worries. Man, I overuse that.

~ James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.