main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Going Postal: The 2020 U.S. Presidential Election

Discussion in 'Community' started by Point Given , Nov 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    I agree that the Democratic Party is a complete cluster****. The policies which are being put forward by Sanders should have wide appeal but the lack of support for them by Democratic ‘establishment’ and most of the other presidential nominee candidates makes them sound radical and crazy. The messaging on how initiatives like Medicare for All could actually be implemented is also a shambles. It seems that a great majority of people think that their taxes are going to be hiked up to unprecedented levels just so lazy people with no connection to the “American Dream” can get free health care.

I don’t know maybe a future campaign could be more details orientated now that Sanders has made so much progress with getting the broad concepts out in the public domain.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2020
  2. EmuBay

EmuBay Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 4, 2017
    Yes, the Bernard Bolsheviks don't like that their sacred proletariat doesn't support them.

3. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Oh yeah really nice let's start talking about how the group led by a Jew are all Bolsheviks who want to control things. Gotta love how the moment it isnt about an ethnostate you love being antisemitic.

also the proletariat are on our side.......like what part of the DNC preventing large sums from voting, smearing Bernie with their millions and millions of dollars in media coverage, and having everyone drop out of the race to go against him indicates that he DOESNT have the will of the people? I swear your trolling gets worse and worse, I expect better from white supremacist trolls

4. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Worst Opinion Man to the rescue

5. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    There's a present epidemic that's going to make a more powerful case for decent healthcare than ever.

You're looking, according to your own Dr. Fauci, at a hundred thousand deaths: a lot of Americans will have lost a family member or someone they knew by the time this is over. But there are a lot more people who will make it - hundreds of thousands, maybe more than a million - and will be billed tens of thousands for it - at a time when millions are losing their healthcare coverage, and risks their health suffering for it for unrelated reason. A majority of Americans will have a family member suddenly touched by that, and it will all happen essentially at once. It means a lot of people will have a reason to shift their stance on health care.

6. EmuBay

Jan 4, 2017
    "white supremacist troll"
    - coming from the poster that has no problem with the establishment of an corrupt authoritarian Islamic dictatorship under the name Palestine..

7. EmuBay

Jan 4, 2017
    Here's a better person for President:
    [​IMG]

8. LostOnHoth

Feb 15, 2000
    EmuNut - can you bench press 250lbs?

9. EmuBay

Jan 4, 2017
    Can an Islamist terrorist booby-trap a car?
    (ask a stupid question...)

10. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
  11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    How did Emu end up in this thread? Emu, seriously, can you leave that stuff in the Israel/Palestine thread -- as a Jew, you're the reason I don't really go in there anymore because I'm not supposed to touch my face and I can't stop facepalming...

This is for 2020 Presidential Election stuff.

12. Glitterstimm

Glitterstimm Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2017
    Who's the girl in your avatar Emu?

13. Vaderize03

Vaderize03 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 25, 1999
    Best. Quote. Ever.

I'm so stealing this. It's my new favorite life meme.

14. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    A decently good write-up on the Joe Biden stuff, and both why maybe people are skeptical, why maybe they shouldn't be, and why #MeToo and #BelieveWomen isn't just a marching slogan and the importance of meticulous investigation of reporting prior to reporting it comes from...

//checks notes

... Salon? (Salon? Really? Wow...)

https://www.salon.com/2020/03/31/a-...-hell-breaks-loose-online-heres-what-we-know/

15. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Absconded with the quote for my sig.

16. EmuBay

Jan 4, 2017
    Heather Hogan, American voice artist and actress. Second "Ducky" in The Land Before Time franchise.

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I think the problem Democrats are facing is that they've been beating everyone on the head with the "Believe women" line every time it was politically convenient to call their political opponents a rapist that now they have to bend over backwards to not look like massive hypocrites in dismissing the Biden accusation.

It'd be like if Bernie praised Modi and tomorrow I had to figure out a way of defending Bernie. I'd look like I'm crazy and Dems like Symone Sanders (who deleted all her tweets defending Christine Ford) looks right now.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2020
  18. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Have they? The phrase "every time it's politically convenient" sits a little strangely. Up until now the three major "scandals" involving political figures and sexual consent have been Donald Trump, Brett Kavanaugh, and Al Franken. They've not leaned into making every sex-related accusation a dominant national narrative the way they conceivably might have (eg im Jordan). Democrats were supportive but I don't know that it ever became a central message.

I think really the point of comparison is just the Kavanaugh situation alone. Insofar as the two situations are equivalent, things will seem hypocritical. If some clear rationales to treat the two differently emerge, they won't be.

19. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Well, if we want to only compare this with the Kavanaugh situation, one point of similarity is the fact that the story was largely broken by the Intercept, which was perfectly fine for democrats when it came to Kavanaugh but now a clear Russian Asset to defeat Biden.

20. LostOnHoth

Feb 15, 2000
    Let’s forget about “democrats” as a group and just look at Biden. He was very vocal in his support for Ford and was also quite vocal in his defence of victims taking years and years to report allegations. Now whether he was genuine in this stance or it was simply politicking who knows. In short Biden publicly advocated the position that there should be a presumption of belief in victims such as Ford. Now he is in the same position as Kavanaugh. How can he not maintain his presumption of belief position just because he is the accused?

It’s not like either case has any physical evidence or relies on anything other than the testimony of the alleged victim. What other differences in rationale could possibly emerge to separate the two cases?

21. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    He literally can't, because he actually knows what happened. Belief has no business being part of his response; all he can legitimately say is "I did it" or "I didn't do it".

22. EmuBay

Jan 4, 2017
    Yes, but Kavanaugh is a Republican and Biden is a member of the Democratic Party. Two beer bottles but changed labels.

23. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Her deleting those tweets is just :*:*
    Like there is no better way to flat out say "i have no morals". We JOKED about how her tweets showed her hypocrisy, which makes me think she saw that and deleted them; which means she was already aware this looked bad. Just.....wow.

24. EmuBay

Jan 4, 2017
    You really don't get empires by respecting other people's property rights.
    Is that the Republicans... or the Democrats?
    One beer bottle and you just change the label.

25. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    While I agree that, you know, we should judge sexual assault allegations without taking into consideration what political party the perpetrator is part of, can we not go into bs horseshoe theory?

[​IMG]

Abadacus likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.