main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Weekly news from Mod Squad, week ending 28 April 2002

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Vertical, Apr 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Oh dear lord.

2. jediguy

jediguy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2000
    Oh, stop bitching. You know you love clicking that 'ban' button.

3. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Actually, Internet Controversy last login time 6:28...aparently I_C is not banned, or at leat got to hang around for a while...

4. Ben Kenobi

Ben Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 27, 2000
    You are allowed to login while banned. You can't do anything, however.

5. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    I really think the Defense Force issue is not said and done, yet DarthAttorney has posted in all of the existing Defense Forces saying that they are being moved and that ALL of the Classic Trilogy DFs are being combined.

How can the administration combine all these Defense Forces into one? This does not make sense as people who like ESB enough to defend it may NOT want to defend ROTJ or both groups may HATE the Special Edition changes. Combining these will also tear them apart completely as people who are defending opposite sides of an issue will be in the same Defense Force.

Besides which, if the DFs were going to end up in the Misc forum then they should have been moved there from the beginning instead of being moved to the RPG forum for a while then moved again.

Also, why would all the threads go to Star Wars Misc except the TPM DF which would go back to the TPM forum? This makes no sense. And if the CT threads will be combined then why are we not combining the TPM DF and the AOTC DF?

6. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Okay, I may just be out of it here, but who's Morgaine and how long has she been an admin? And what happened to the old Communications policy of posting announcements with the appointee's name right in the title whenever a promotion is given out?

7. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    Morgaine is the FanForce RSA of the German Speaking FanForce since about a month ago when PatJedi82 retired. Morgaine is now an RSA

She's really cool DLM, you've got nothing to worry about, she won't eat your soul ;)

¤Night

8. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    I'll field that one.

As you no doubt remember DLM, we have many wild all night benders in Modsquad and frankly there just weren't enough females. Truthfully there aren't as many gay mods as most trolls think. And of the female mods we do have, well with both Mars and Liz batting for the other team(not that I can blame them, I mean look at the male mods.. nooo thank you) it was getting bloody, bottles, edits, and sometimes mods, were flying everywhere. So we've started a new policy of hiring only female mods until things get equaled up a bit.
    Okay?

Or she could possibly be the German Speaking Fanforce RSA.(intruductory thread here in FF Comm)

9. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    The truth was that Vert and I started fighting in Mod Squad over the female hottie mods, and the rest of the mods started getting sucked in. Why do you think PatJedi and JediGaladriel left, and SOTS and Kadue took time out? ;)

10. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    Okay, sorry. :p Some of us never look in FanForce Communications, so it would be cool if you guys could post announcements about new Fanforce admins over here, too.

11. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    What strilo said makes a lot of sense. I talked with Darth Attorney via PM after I read about the planned policy, and while I understand that there were reasons for the planned shift, I fundamentally disagree with the idea of an umbrella DF for the OT. Many of us like the OT, and not the SEs (I personally abhor them). I joined the ANHDF and the TESBDF, but not the ROTJDF, simply because I think it's the weakest of the OT. I'm not joining the umbrella DF simply because I don't want to defend every aspect of the OT. Even "factioning" in the OTDF won't address the inevitable chaos that will be found in the thread, as strilo pointed out so well.

I dunno, maybe it was the best choice to be made given the available options. That does not necessarily mean that it was a good choice.

12. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    Interesting how Mods talk back and forth casually about their own business while ignoring a member's question. Doesn't send a very good message about communications.

13. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    strilo, it was decided that the three of them needed to be combined if they were to move. We can't have Miscellaneous clogged up with only social threads, line-by-line and game threads. Since the three OT DF's are really only social clubs, it means that there aren't all that many problems pooling them together. To be quite frank, members have never been as active in those three groups as they have in other DF's.

Or as another way to look at it:

1 TPM forum = 1 TPMDF

1 Lit forum = 1 EUDF

1 OT forum = 1 OTDF, not 3.

14. Strilo

Aug 6, 2001
    And where does the Special Edition Defense Force and the AOTC Defense Force fall into this?

15. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    One for the SE would have to be rolled up in the OT one. Just the way it goes.

AotC will stay in RP until the spoiler policy is dropped, and then be moved to Miscellaneous as the only social thread allowed in AotC(SA) is the Countdown thread.

16. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    farr - I like to think of it as appreciating what's beautiful. ;)

...and a mango.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.