main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome droideka27 and zacparis as new JCC mods!

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Katya Jade, Sep 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Perhaps we could set up a special council of regular JCC posters who could advise the JC administation on some issues.

I could have sworn this idea was used by a portion of the community at some point in the past.

And comparing the fiasco that was the JC election game to a moderator nomination process is comparing apples to oranges.

2. Sith_Wench

Sith_Wench Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 28, 2004
    Why not Jedi_Satimber? He's active in the JCC, has a good rapport with many users and has a sense of the rules.

I will second this nomination. Jedi Satimber is also a MOD on other boards and is impartial and fair. He is extremely active in the community.

3. UK Sullustian

UK Sullustian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 1998
    "Perhaps we could set up a special council of regular JCC posters who could advise the JC administation on some issues."

And I could run it by proxy for my masters, Darth_AYBABTU and QuiGonJim23.

OT IS COMPULSARY. BASERS ARE TO BE LIQUIDATED.

UKS

4. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    "And comparing the fiasco that was the JC election game to a moderator nomination process is comparing apples to oranges."

I think they were comparing the JC election game to having direct moderator elections by regular users, not just nominations.

5. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Jedi Satimber is also a MOD on other boards

As are DP, EP, DD, MD and SI. It's hardly a criteria for nomination.

edit added another fantastic example.

6. Qui Gon Moon

Qui Gon Moon Jedi Master star 5

Apr 15, 2000
    edit - Moved to appropriate thread.

[face_cowboy]QGM[face_cowboy]

7. saerah

saerah Jedi Grand Master star 7

May 13, 1999
    I began a new thread to continue this discussion.

8. Sith_Wench

Sith_Wench Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 28, 2004
    As are DP, EP, DD, MD and SI. It's hardly a criteria for nomination.

I have no idea who these people are.

You asked for suggestions, Malkie and now you have one.

9. malkieD2

malkieD2 Ex-Manager and RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2002
    Thats great - we do appreciate it. I was kinda expecting to get a few more given the expressions used in previous posts.

saerah has kindly started a new thread, and I suggest we all take our conversations there and return this to a welcome thread for our newest (bar one) moderators.

10. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    A little late, but I just want to say, that I think Zacs promotion is a very good one. He'll do a fine job.

Congratulations Sam. :)

11. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    I'm also a little late on this, but congrats! You will do a great job. Well, you better.

12. Csillan_girl

Csillan_girl Jedi Master star 5

May 6, 2003
    Yep - Zac will do a great job, I'm sure about that!

13. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    And unfortunately that's the main reason why the same old accusations of nepotism/bias come back with many JCC mod promotions. To be a good JCC mod, you have to be someone who's active enough around the community and involved with enough cliques to understand the social makeup of the forum. If you're not part of the cool crowd, you probably won't be very good at moderating JCC and might want to look to another forum. Yet whenever someone cool gets promoted, some people complain it's unfair.

Well I hope my promotion helps to squash that theory.

Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean that as a personal slight at all. I was speaking in generalities about the conspiracy theories that keep coming back when people who belong to various social groups are promoted. In a lot of ways, I think it's ideal for a Community mod to be well-seated within the community, but it's this very fact that's often used to criticize the mod.

14. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean that as a personal slight at all.

I know. ;) That's why I called it a theory. :p

15. Jedi_Satimber

Jedi_Satimber Jedi Knight star 8

Jul 3, 2002
    weird...haven't seen the new Mods do anything yet...guess that is a good thing. :p

I'll finally say congrats. ;)

~J.Sat - Mobster Kingpin~

16. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    The Admin Action Log is loaded with all the work they've done. The fact that forum regulars such as yourself haven't really seen it is a testament to the fact they're doing well. Those two mods should simply be the members they always were and take subtle actions when necessary and simply blend in as before.

17. Protege-of-Thrawn

Protege-of-Thrawn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 14, 2001
    It confounds me that an ordinary citizen can say, hypothetically, go on a couple of day long bender throughout the suburbs of his beloved city before crawling gingerly home, only to return to the e-world and find people were still whinging over something so ridiculous.

I need a nap. Consider yourselves all warned; this sort of rubbish better not be still going on when I wake and return. ;)

18. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    Given the moderator selection process thread broke out of this thread, do you realize that between that thrad and this one the JCC announcement has over 10 times the number of posts as our little 3SA new mod announcement? And as a 3SA mod, I thank you kindly.

19. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    do you realize that between that thrad and this one the JCC announcement has over 10 times the number of posts as our little 3SA new mod announcement?

I can fix that if you'd like.

20. DarthSapient

Jun 26, 2001
    :eek: NOOOOOO!!!!

21. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    The JC appointing known coordinated trolls to moderator status. Dogs and cats living together. Total hysteria!

22. jedi_john_33

jedi_john_33 Jedi Master star 7

Sep 26, 2003
    i want a job...but, no one will hire me :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.