main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome Jedi_Nat meet - Sept 2006

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Jedi_Nat, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    OK peoples! Here is the Official meet thread for when I'm in town! I have set aside the weekend of Sept 2/3 for my London meet. Sept 9, I'm travelling up to York to meet the Northen folk.

This is where you put down what it is that we can do as a group when I'm over. Top of my list is Trivial Pursuit Night!

Ideas folks!

And I hope to meet you all!

2. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    Yay, can't wait to meet you. [:D] You're quite welcome to crash round ours if you haven't got any accomodation sorted yet.

3. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    I actually do have accomodation. My parents and I are staying in a lovely little hotel in Bayswater. But if there's a Trivial Pursuit night and I'm having trouble getting back, I hope the other still stands.

And [:D]

4. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Thanks Nat :D

We can certainly arrange a Trivial Pursuit meet for that weekend, and I'm sure we can come up with some other stuff we can do.
    How long will you be in York for?? I know we suggested that Empire Day on Sept.10th could be a contender, but I don't want to drag you away from the Northern FF, plus not sure where Empire Day will take place yet.

5. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    I decided that I'll only be in York for the day (Sept 9) as I have accomdation in London. And I don't know if I can hang around Northerners for longer than a day :p

I know there a couple of people that want to see Phantom of the Opera, but other than that I don't know what else we can do. If you can think of something outside the main tourist attractions, maybe something that no one knows about, that would be great. Then I can come home and say, "I did this. It was great!"

6. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    As you know I will try my hardest to come down and see you! I also wanna come down to London as I have never been to London before [face_blush] so thats another excuse for me to come down. I need to loose my london virginity sooner or later. :p

7. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Jon! [:D]

Yes, you must come. We'll have soooooooo much fun!

8. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Well Jon, if you live closer to the North you could always go up there to see Nat when shes in York

9. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    Are you trying to tell me I'm not wanted in London? Fine! [face_talk_hand]

10. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    You are correct! We dont want you!
    Nah, only joking :D. London is great (if you dont stay long) It would be nice to see other faces around :)

11. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    But then Jon would not lose his London virginity :p
    Well Jon, would be great for you to come down and also see the Capital.

Nat, how do you fancy a trip the The George Lucas Stage at Elstree? Not a lot to see though but could be classed as great ;)
    I will think of more outer London stuff which could be good to do/see.

12. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    Now I don't know if anyone might have already mentioned this but there's always ferret stroking and ferret walking if you're up for feeling like you're being led around on a harness.[face_dancing] I know the hotel you'll be staying in, in Bayswater. When I was a traffic warden I used to give out loads of tickets to all the greasy kebab shop owners along there. lol

13. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    [face_thinking] :rolleyes: :_|

needs a [:D]

14. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    [:D]

Why does no one get my sarcasm? :(

[face_thinking] The George Lucas Stage at Elstree? Interesting........

15. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Koren, I have real trouble imagining you as a traffic warden :eek:
    I mean, you're too nice a person for starters.... ;)

I'll try and dig up some past photos of the GL stage, just to see if it tempts you Nat. It's also the spiritual home of Star Wars imo because it's where they filmed most of the OT back in the day. It's a shame they don't do studio tours :(

16. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
    Nat - you're in for a wicked suprise! Northern humour is cracking! We dont (always) take everything literally...we just 'twist it a bit' to make it more funny....sit back...and eat popcorn (if you are Wiz that is...:p).

I can send you a dissertation on 'Flat beer, poor drivers and football teams in the South' if you like, to prove our integrity? Its a bit weighty, but makes for a good read. [face_thinking]

Wait till you meet Dolly.
    [image=http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/edgejedi88/sheep.jpg]

17. Jedi_Jimbo

Jedi_Jimbo Jedi Master star 6

Oct 1, 2004
    Hmmmm, something in the welsh part of me stirs.
    ;)

Matt, a trip to the GL stage would be good, you know, for a Star Wars FanForce. ;)
    I would be up for that one.

18. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    The GL stage sounds like a good idea. Put that in the book.

BTW - who wants to be London co-ordinator for the meet? I have my Northern man, now I need one in London ;)

19. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    My trip is looming ever closer. Six weeks today I fly out - yay!

I'm still looking for a London co-ordinator to help organise the meet when I'm not online. Remember, Sept 2.

Any suggestions to what we're going to do? I think some of us will be seeing Phantom Of The Opera on Saturady arvo. Then the next day, I'll be doing a South meet, followed by the TENCLO premiere and a North meet the next weekend.

I think I miss a Midlands meet.... Meh, never mind.

20. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    I'll help out if you need me to Nat
    I'm here most of the time

21. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Everyone OK with Richie being the London co-ordinator?

Or someone want to challenge him for the possie....

22. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Don't worry Nat, I haven't forgotten about you :p

At the mo I'm concentrating all my powers to the London Film & Comic Con meet/event next weekend, but once that's done I can get back to sorting out the regular meets and of cause your one in September :D
    It's already down on the website ;)

23. Jairen

Jairen Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2000
    As a midlander representative, I'm deeply hurt :p

Nah, you've got a lot on, and the majority of the midlanders are going to be at TENCLO, since it was made by Hal and his friends, and Hal is a midlander :D

24. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Sorry mate! So, I'll meet a lot of Midland folk at TENCLO - that's my Midlands meet then!

I don't mean to sound pushy, but after Aug 3, I will have limited internet access, so the more things that's organised now, the better for me. My parents want to know what I'll be doing, and I don't want to be left out in the cold.

25. SithLordDarthRichie

Oct 3, 2003
    It's good to plan ahead

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.