main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome Jedi_Nat meet - Sept 2006

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Jedi_Nat, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Nat [:D]
    Don't panic! It's just a busy week now for FF-UK:L with the run up to a table-event at LFCC - 1st and 2nd July :) Then there are four weeks between that and you being offline ;)

If you have a moby, I can always text you too. I can give you my contact info (home phone, moby, etc) so when you get to the UK and you need help, I can be just a phone call away. And I have comp here, so I can be your info supplier.

2. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    It's just that I hate being unorganised!

BTW, what's a convention? There are no such things here in WA. :p

3. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    It's a thing that causes great stress and careful planning :p

Don't worry Nat, as soon as the LF&CC is done we'll get working onit. In fact me and Tim will no doubt start discussing it during the con so we'll have plenty of stuff to go throuh post July 2nd.

I did briefly check the South FF yesterday and noticed you had something in the pipe line for Sunday the 3rd. So shall we just concentrate on Saturday the 2nd??

4. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    *Jumps up and down with joy*

Stress huh? I try to keep away from those, even if it means work!

As for the South meet, we were trying to get a movie thing happening, but it looks like most people can't make that Sunday and I have the North meet the next weekend. That's the other thing I needed to know. Should the South meet be on the Saturday morning, and have the London meet on Sunday?

Questions, questions. Too many questions.....

I had to quote The Riddler!

5. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Hmmm, you'll be seeing me at TENCLO and North meet, so if you need to change it that way round, I may be best just going to the the TENCLO/North, since I'll have to head back home on the Sunday. Fit it the way you need to Nat, I'll be seeing you one way or the other, and it's best for you to meet all chapters [:D]

6. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    [:D]

See, now you know why I'm jumping up and down to know what's going on. I've made so many good friends everywhere, that I'd like to meet as many of them in person as possible.

7. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Count me in

8. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    Nat....are you not free during the week to do things, or is it only weekends?

9. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    :oops: I knew I forgot something when I visited mum and dad tonight! The iternary we had drawn up!

If I'm not busy during the week, then I'm open for meets. I'll try and pop by mum and dad's on Sat after I get my nails done and take a photocopy.

10. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Now that LF&CC is done, we can get motoring with this meet now Nat ;)

How serious/set-in-stone is the meet with the South FF?? I feel Saturday would suit us better too because of trains and the what not, but I don?t want to spoil any plans you had with the South.

One of my earlier ideas was to visit the George Lucas sound stage at Elstree.
    Here are some pics so that you know what to expect:
    [image=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/Lord-Tice/FF_UK_L%20Meets/gl_stage001.jpg]
    [image=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/Lord-Tice/FF_UK_L%20Meets/gl_stage002.jpg]

There?s not a great deal to see but it is different and a bit of history. We could also find somewhere to have a drink and lunch and make our way back into central London afterwards.

The other idea of a trivial pursuit meet is dependant on whether we have a someone?s gaff to go to, which is no guarantee. It is workable none the less.

I also remember a showing of Phantom of the Opera was discussed but was this planned for another time/weekend or did you want to incorporate that with this too? I?m not sure if I can make that but I can make sure you?ll be at the right place at the right time if people want to do that too.

11. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Of course you have someones gaff to go to you muppet! Lol :D. Im working the day shift on the 2nd so it would have to be aftet half six. But you are all welcome to stay the night. Unfortunately I cant book leave for then as the rest of the barracks are away and someone (i.e. the my platoon) has to look after the place :( Still, if your up for it, we can accomodate :)

12. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    As far as I know, the South meet is still up in te air. As the London meet was organised first, it is the meet with more priority. I think that meet has sorta stalled too....

I wouldn't mind visiting the George Lucas sound stage.

And I really like the idea of trivial pursuit :D

He he! Muppet! That's a word I here a lot these days at work.

13. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Is that a good thing? :D

14. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    ever been to whippendell woods?

15. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Who? What? When? Where?

More info please as I've never heard of that.

16. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Is that where they filmed Naboo in TPM, Jamie?? Or have I Star Wars on the brain 8-}

If both the South & PotO meets aren't working out Nat, then we can do the GL stage during Saturday and make our way to Kingston for a bout of Trivial Pursuit in the evening.

Thanks for offer Matt, I don't like assuming things but glad we can count on your premises ;)

17. Kiz-Joa_Janall

Kiz-Joa_Janall Jedi Youngling star 2

May 14, 2005
    Whose premises Tice? [face_monkey]

18. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    well,they certainly filmed the sequence of obi-wan being chased down by the STAP and rescued by qui-gon.
    i'm pretty certain that other exterior naboo shots were also filmed thereabouts.
    we keep trying to schedule a round trip between there and hever castle.

19. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Thought so. I've often thought about going there and one time thought about organising a trip, but sadly it's just outside the travelcard zones, plus finding the actual filming spots could be a nightmare.
    I have been to Heaver Castle though and can't quite spot the bit they used for that, although there are areas which look very Theed like.

And that would be your's & Matt's premises Koren, not forgetting the ferrets too ;)

20. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Matt (LT), I like that idea or yours. Sounds simple and fun! I can see Phantom and visit MK anytime in the two and half weeks I'm there. And I'm sure my parents wouldn't mind going to MK as well.

21. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Will be nice to meet you Nat

22. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    I just hope there's a good turn-out.

The WAFFER meets tend to be no-shows.

23. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    I hope there will be a good turn out too. At least if we go to K&M's, there will be at least four of us altogther :p

Sounds like we have a good plan though. We can afford to take it a bit easy too, so shall we suggest a meet time of around 11:00am at the usual haunt of Leicester Square by the main Odeon cinema??
    We will then proceed to Elstree, get some lunch, see the sites and head back to Kingston for the evening :D

24. Kassy

Apr 20, 2005
    Sounds good, count me in

25. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Sounds good to me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.