main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome Jedi_Nat meet - Sept 2006

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Jedi_Nat, Mar 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    that's a deal then Nat

2. Darth_Paddy_666

Darth_Paddy_666 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 7, 2006
    I'll se what I can do about getting Nik down here by then, I'd love to meet up!

3. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Okay gang, Nat's leaving next week so it might be nice to have a good idea of who's going to this meet. So if you can defo come, please say here, cheers :)

Just as a reminder, things we kick off at 11:00am outside the main Odeon cinema, Leicester Square, and we'll proceed to Elstree to see the GL stage and a spot of lunch. In the late afternoon we'll then go to Kingston and crash at Matt & Koren's for some Trival Pursuit. You will need an all zone travelcard.

Hope to see you there!

4. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    Yep - exactly one week to departure! :D

Hmm, I have a two zone travelcard, so I better get an all zone one for that day, and start my seven-day card on the Sunday.

Ooh, I can't wait! [face_dancing]

5. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    elstree by train?
    are you crazee?

6. Leia-Organa

Leia-Organa Jedi Youngling

Jun 16, 2005
    Hi Nat and other UK star wars fans!

I have just come over to the UK to live for a while from Perth, Australia also!
    I dont know any star wars fans in the UK yet! I would love to come and meet you all so please let me know what the plan is?! :)

Leia

7. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Yes Jamie, Elstree by train, it's a doddle :p
    You're welcome to join us!!

Hi Leia-Organa :)
    This meet will take place on Saturday the 2nd of September. We will meet outside the main Odeon cinema at Leicester Square at 11:00am and we will make our way to Elstree to oggle at the George Lucas stage and get a real sense of Star Wars history. We will then have lunch and in the afternoon, make our way to Kingston to the abode of Matt & Koren (they post here as darth_konikus & Kiz-Joa_Janall) where we will play some Star Wars trivial pursuit, and no doubt have a bite to eat and drink, admire their SW cossies and ferrets and I think Matt & Koren will allow people to stay the night too ;)
    You're welcome to join us and attend as much, or as little, as the meet as you feel like. If you have any questions, just fire away.

btw good luck with the packing Nat :D

8. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Leia-Organa! OMG! That is a name I haven't seen in a while! Yes, come. Come!

I'm pretty much packed. Just shoes and socks to go.

I've even got some euro now too! Just need some pounds for my first day in London.

9. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Welcome to London Leia-Organa :D :cool:

Nat - have a safe journey over, be seeing ya soon :)

10. Leia-Organa

Jun 16, 2005
    Wow! This is really exciting! Jedi_Nat! I cant believe we are going to end up meeting in London.. that is just crazy! And this is a good chance for me to meet some new people in London since i am going to living here for a while.
    Count me in for the meet! :) It sounds great.
    Can some one tell me what street that Odeon cinema is on? And how to get to it from Leicester square tube station?
    Also, how will i find you guys? I mean, how will i know who you are and what you look like?
    I will probably wear my star wars shirt to make life easier so you can spot me anyway!

Leia

11. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    cheers,i might just do that-i think theresa is either away on holiday or business that week.
    not sure which-she only tells me what i need to know on a day to day basis.

12. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Excellent :D

Leia, I'll get everything you need to know posted onto this thread very soon :)

13. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    I know, considering we were going to meet up at ROTS at Moonlight Cinema. You didn't miss much there!

I'm so excited. I can't wait to finally meet everyone.

14. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Below is a map of Leicester Sqaure. Leicester Square tube station is located in the top right corner. There are several exits, but I can?t remember which exit you?ll need but all will lead out onto Charing Cross Road. Once you exit the station you?ll have to either turn right which will lead you to Cranbourn Street (which will be on your right) or cross the road to Cranbourn Street which should be opposite the exit. Cranbourn street is pedestrianised and you?ll see loads of shops selling discounted theatre tickets. Just walk up it and turn left when you get to the main square part, with Burger King on your left. You should spot the Odeon cinema easily (it has a balcony) and there are some ticket collection machines on the left of the cinema, which is where we?ll be. To make things easy I?ll have a Yoda soft toy with me so we?ll easy to spot :p

[image=http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a43/Lord-Tice/FF_UK_L%20Meets/lsodeon.jpg]

You'll need an all zone travlecard for the day (costs £6.30). Any more questions, please feel free to ask :D

Nat, I've seen that the MK meet is back on for Sunday. What time will you be heading off to MK? Does this mean you'll also be heading back to your hotel on Saturday night?

15. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    In all honesty, I haven't thought about what's exactly happening on the Sunday. I'm hoping it's a 12pm meet. I;ll check with Serena for the time.

I'll play Saturday night by ear for now.

And I'm pretty sure I can remember the meeting spot - as in I remember walking past there the last time I was in London.

16. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Uping to remind everyone, and to also confirm your attendance as it'll help me a lot :p

If you could also bring some snacks with you in the evening, that would also be most helpful, thanks :D

17. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Just a reminder that both me and Koren are working on saturday and I wont be home till about half six or quarter to seven and koren will be home for about half seven. If you start getting there for half six you wont have to wait long then we can all have a brew, a chit-chat and social till Koren gets home. Everyone is welcome to stay the night but you will have to be gone by about half ten the following morning as Koren starts work at eleven and I'll be at work from half five in the morning. :)

18. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Cheers for the update Matt :)
    At the mo I'd like to stay the night and I'll be sure to leave in-time on Sunday ;)

19. Leia-Organa

Jun 16, 2005
    Is meet up still 11am? If so, see you there!

20. Lord-Tice

Aug 20, 2001
    Yes it is, 11am Leicester Square. Thanks for confirming and see you there :D
    Richie, Steve, Jamie, anyone else coming for sure??

I may tinker with the overall plan slightly, but we'll still be doing the same ;)

21. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    I'll try and find the Aussie store before Saturday and get some overpriced Aussie goodies. I'm so hankering for a Tim Tam and Cherry Ripe right now...

22. Kassy

Kassy Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 20, 2005
    Hey Matt, I am a confirmation.

23. Leia-Organa

Jun 16, 2005
    hey Jedi_Nat

I'm hanging out for a packet of burger rings.. have been since April when i left Australia.
    Cant wait to meet you. I have my housewarming party that evening so unfortunatly i wont be able to stay past about 4 or 5pm. I won't know anyone so hopefully i will be able to find you all. I will wear my star wars t-shirt so that might help you spot me.
    Can someone send me thier mobile phone number incase i get lost? I should be OK though, just in case.

Leia

24. Jedi_Nat

Nov 28, 2000
    Yay! I'm back in London!!!!

Just so you all know, I'm not well. I have a cold, aka "The Contiki Cough"!

But I'll be there! Pity I won't be on the Piccadilly line as I'm not staying at the Royal National anymore :(

25. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I'm very unlikely to attend this event, sorry.

But I'm pretty certain for the MK meet the following day.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.