main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

***Welcome Newbie Party*** Come for the Brownies, Stay for the Conversation

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Dec 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Padawan4687

Padawan4687 Jedi Master star 5

Jul 10, 2010
    This party has gone very quiet... [face_plain]

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [:D] [:D] Katana.

Job hunting sucks :( Good luck, Trak and Ceillean!!

Fels, that's not cool :( Do you know what caused the second one
    ?

3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    It's weekend and so it's usually a bit slower, Paddy. But in case you're sitting infront of the computer waiting for someone replying, I know what you mean. That's what I do at weekends / days off usually - and wonder why everyone is off, although they would have time to be online (in the opposite of working days when time is reduced by work... or should be reduced). ;)

Allergic reaction? Not good... Anything you can do about it, Fels? [face_worried]

4. Ofi_Wan

Ofi_Wan Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2011
    Hey guys! My name is Ofi_Wan. I'm a die hard Star Wars fan (I don't know what's been keeping me off this site) and I'm 18 and heading off to college! Like many people I'm the one who grew up with the prequel series (and grew to hate it) but desperately wish that I had been around for the Original Trilogy! I'm liking it here and I might get involved with RPing and Fanfiction.

5. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome Ofi_One! :D

No problem of signing up nowadays. Better late than never, right? ;) It seems you've taken a look around already and found some interesting places? That's good. In case you have questions (this board is a bit different from other forums), just ask. We don't bite. :)

6. Ofi_Wan

Ofi_Wan Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2011
    Yeah, I've been lurking this earlier this year but I didn't want to join until I graduated. xD

7. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Hello and welcome, Ofi_Wan!

I spent most of yesterday afternoon in a doctor's office waiting to be seen. The doctor gave me a type of steroids to reduce the swelling and rash. With the lips being swollen, she was afraid it'd go down my throat. Fortunately, the meds started working quickly. I have no idea what caused the problem.

8. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Welcome aboard, Ofi! :D

9. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Then... Congrats on graduating!! :D

Did the doctor some tests, so you'll know what causes it? Get better, ok? :)

10. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    No. I had to go to a walk-in clinic. I don't have any health insurance. I can't afford to have an allergy test done. Fortunately, the meds are working.

11. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    It's good to know your getting better, Fels! :)

12. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    Damn Fels, that sucks but I'm glad you're getting better. [:D]

Hi Ofi_Wan. :)

Paddy, it's the unofficial beginning of summer here in the USA(Memorial day weekend) so people are doing more outside activities than they had been. This is the weekend that public(and most private) swimming pools open so people are out swimming, consuming mass amounts of booze and BBQing.

13. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    The beginning of summer? The one thing I hate about summer...it's so darn hot, and no matter what I wear, I still feel humid!

14. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Just the other day it was rainy and very chilly and today it's sunny and 92°F(33°C) which is nearly twice what it was Thursday. :p

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Glad you're feeling better!!

Yeah, the weather's been crazy around here 8-}

Welcome to the JC!! I speak from many years of experience when I say that our fan fiction community here is really fabulous! I encourage you to get involved :)

16. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    My dad didn't let us use the AC''s he placed in our rooms until like 9'oclock tonight!

17. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    My apartment doesn't even have an AC, so I have fans running all the time.

18. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    No A/C? :eek: That's criminal! Even the cheapest, rat and bug infested hotels here have A/C. :p

19. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    If we want an AC, we need to buy one. Unfortunately, my housemates are quite stingy penny-pinchers and I can't afford to buy an AC myself.

20. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Wow, that sucks. Maybe you can find a cheap, small window unit and put it in your bedroom. Turn it off when you leave and back on when you get home and close the door to keep just your room cool. "Accidently" let them feel how cool your room is and they will change their tune. ;)

21. Skiara

Nov 5, 2002
    Fels, I'm glad your lips are getting better. :)

Here it's not usual to have A/C in normal living houses/flats/apartments, so we are more or less used to have warm/hot rooms in summer - although it's nice to have a good working and well used A/C at work. :)

Paddy, do you have A/C?

22. Padawan4687

Jul 10, 2010
    Yes, I do. My dad has them installed in all of the bedrooms. Except they don't stay in permanently. He takes them out when summer ends. The only one that stays for good, is the one in the dining room, and that one is hardly on.

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That's really interesting! Over here, they're the norm. Actually, mine went out a few summers ago and I spent two really miserable nights unable to sleep until they got it fixed.

24. SK_Skywalker

SK_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

May 30, 2011
  25. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    Wow, some people don't have access to the AC? [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.