main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

==*~ Welcome Newbie Party - There will be a new home soon! ~*==

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Skiara , Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Probably d, wait, no it's b.

No, no...d. Yes, that's it b.

2. starwarsrules123

starwarsrules123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2006
    Aww!!!

But Twilight is so amazing! ^_^

3. DarkPowerUnlimited

DarkPowerUnlimited Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 21, 2008
    Starwarsrules123, methinks Pattinson proposed to Kristen Stewart. so yr outta luck in the husband thing. Twilight rules!! haven't seen teh movie, it hasn't come out here in trashi 'Talia. Walle is cool, HSM, no clue. i no see 1,2, or 3. Pompeii sucks. 8-}

4. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Pompeii is History and History doesn't suck. ;)
    Respect the History. :)

So! How is everyone today?

5. path-seeker

path-seeker Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2008
    Things are hectic here - it's the last week of classes for the semester. The end is near, and I have absolutely no motivation. [face_tired]

My teenage sister hated Twilight, but my 21 year old roommate really enjoyed it. She went the day it was released, and said she has never seen so many screaming teenage girls. :p

6. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    I'm annoyed by having enough homeowrk that it is too noticeable. Especially since I won't have time to do any of it tomorrow . . . [face_worried]

7. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Homework- bah.

That's what I have to say about it. Also finals suck.

And as for Pompeii, well, I say it instead of "burn" sometimes. I mean it makes sense. When you say "burn" you could just be referring to spilling hot chocolate on yourself- lame! So when it's a serious burn, you can use "POMPEII!". I mean, the mountain basically came along and ate it. There is no ambiguity there!

Example:

Person A: Star Wars is dumb

Person B: Your FACE is dumb!

Me: POMPEII!

Smack-down hand gestures optional (but preferred)

8. path-seeker

May 1, 2008
    [face_laugh][face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Snowy, that made my day! [:D]

Pompeii - I'll have to remember that one. Sometimes I get into conversations where it would come in handy. :p

And I agree, finals completely suck.

9. DarkPowerUnlimited

Nov 21, 2008
    Have you ever been to Pompeii? like i said b4, it sucks. Herculanium is better. MUCH better. there are three archaeological sites on my base... kinda neat. one of them looks like a graveyard. I'll tell my story about that place later. now, i need to do homework. and chores. :mad:

10. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    The best part of Pompeii is escaping from it!

[image=http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2404/2203224191_942db0e680.jpg] [image=http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1278/1109720577_cb6badc8b3.jpg] [image=http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1273/1235071407_d131940e7c.jpg] [image=http://www.buschgardens.com/bgw/_images/image_escpompeii.jpg]

11. DarkPowerUnlimited

Nov 21, 2008
    No [edited]. THE pompeii. Pompeii Italy. Vesuvious. Not a roller coaster!
    I can see Vesuvious from my house. :D

Edit: No flaming, please. You can disagree, but flaming isn't the way to go.

12. KithuraVess

KithuraVess Jedi Master star 4

Nov 19, 2008
    That looks like an awesome roller coaster. :D

((On an unrelated note: there's this thread I want to start on another Forum, where members can "eat", "swap presents", "decorate", discuss the true meaning of Christmas, or whatever....but I don't know what to call it! :_| It's between "The Christmas Tree" and "The Livingroom", though. And my friends from that Forum don't know what to call it,either. [face_plain] Any suggestions? :) ))

13. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    The Chrsitmas Tree in the Living Room.:p

I am working on a virtual gift, too. Love these boards.[face_love]

14. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Cheap, Thoughtless, Perfunctory: The Christmas Gift Exchange Thread
    The Little Lights Aren't Twinkling, Clark: The Christmas Decorating Thread
    You're Getting a Lump of Coal: The Merry Christmas 2008 Thread

15. KithuraVess

KithuraVess Jedi Master star 4

Nov 19, 2008
    Hee, thanks for the ideas! :)

16. Boba_Babe

Boba_Babe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    Hi, guys! I'm lost on these boards again. It has been too long since I was here, so I have to poke around again, but I hope to see lots of people I know, and meet new ones too!

17. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Long time no see, Boba_Babe.:D

And we're helping lost oldbies, too, ever fear.;)

18. DarkPowerUnlimited

Nov 21, 2008
    Good ideas, Trika. Where are you going to put that thread, KV?
    Here's something that was forwarded 2 me by a friend. It's Christian, so you don't have to read it if you are not a Christian, but that would make me sad :_| . I'm putting this on the Random Thoughts board, too. Here it goes:

THE ROOM!!

17-year-old Brian Moore had only a short time to write something for a class. The subject was what Heaven was like. "I wowed 'em," he later told his father, Bruce. "It's a killer. It's the bomb. It's the best thing I ever wrote." It also was the last.

Brian's parents had forgotten about the essay when a cousin found it while cleaning out the teenager's locker at Teary Valley High School. Brian had been dead only hours, but his parents desperately wanted every piece of his life near them-notes from classmates and teachers, his homework.

Only two months before, he had handwritten the essay about encountering Jesus in a file room full of cards detailing every moment of the teen's life. But it was only after Brian's death that Beth and Bruce Moore realized that their son had described his view of heaven. "It makes such an impact that people want to share it. You feel like you are there." Mr. Moore said.

Brian Moore died May 27, 1997, the day after Memorial Day. He was driving home from a friend's house when his car went off Bulen-Pierce Road in Pickaway County and struck a utility pole. He emerged from the wreck unharmed but stepped on a downed power line and was electrocuted.

The Moore's framed a copy of Brian's essay and hung it among the family portraits in the living room. "I think God used him to make a point. I think we were meant to find it and make something out of it," Mrs. Moore said of the essay. She and her husband want to share their son's vision of life after death. "I'm happy for Brian. I know he's in heaven. I know I'll see him."

Brian's Essay: The Room...

In that place between wakefulness and dreams, I found myself in the room. There were no distinguishing features except for the one wall covered with small index card files. They were like the ones in libraries that list titles by author or subject in alphabetical order. But these files, which stretched from floor to ceiling and seemingly endless in either direction, had very different headings. As I drew near the wall of files, the first to catch my attention was one that read "Girls I have liked." I opened it and began flipping through the cards. I quickly shut it, shocked to realize that I recognized the names written on each one. And then without being told, I knew exactly where I was.

This lifeless room with its small files was a crude catalog system for my life. Here were written the actions of my every moment, big and small, in a detail my memory couldn't match. A sense of wonder and curiosity, coupled with horror, stirred within me as I began randomly opening files and exploring their content. Some brought joy and sweet memories; others a sense of shame and regret so intense that I would look over my shoulder to see if anyone was watching.

A file named "Friends" was next to one marked "Friends I have betrayed." The titles ranged from the mundane to the outright weird "Books I Have Read," "Lies I Have Told," "Comfort I have Given," "Jokes I Have Laughed at." Some were almost hilarious in their exactness: "Things I've yelled at my brothers." Others I couldn't laugh at: "Things I Have Done in My Anger", "Things I Have Muttered Under My Breath at My Parents.." I never ceased to be surprised by the contents.

Often there were many more cards than I expected. Sometimes fewer than I hoped. I was overwhelmed by the sheer volume of the life I had lived. Could it be possible that I had the time in my years to fill each of these thousands or even millions of cards? But each card confirmed this truth. Each was written in my own handwriting. Each signed with my signature.

When I pulled out the file marked "TV Shows I have watched", I realized the files grew to contain their contents. The cards were packed tightly,

19. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Eep!
    Online conversion.[face_worried]

Avert yer eyes children!:p

20. snowspeeder_gunner

Apr 10, 2007
    TRIKA I'VE BEEN THERE! WHOAAAA!

21. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    OMG ARE YOU SERIOUS?! ARE YOU STALKING ME?

Or do you just live near me and I never knew?! :eek:

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I do believe you've mentioned you live in Carolina before. You should totally come up to Busch Gardens again. The new Griffon roller coaster is made of such awesomesauce that it cannot be described.

22. snowspeeder_gunner

Apr 10, 2007
    North Carolina! :cool:

And I rode on the Griffon! I went there like two summers ago- soooo crazy.

I like Alpengeist (sp?) and the good old Loch Ness the best though.

23. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    I think I set an unofficial record up there when I was sixteen or so. I took a total of fifty-four roller coaster rides in one day. I don't know anyone who's beaten it.

You've seen my picture on Apollo's Chariot, right?

[image=http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg86/_trika/blackmarketbeaglesandjayne.jpg]

You ever head up this way and it's Busch Gardens time, you let me know. :cool:

24. path-seeker

May 1, 2008
    ME TOOOOOOO! 5 or 6 years ago. My cousin and I rode Loch Ness at least half a dozen times. :p

My grandparents are taking the whole family to Colonial Williamsburg for their 50th anniversary next May. I'd like to go [read: rather go] to Busch Gardens, but I should probably humor dear Grandma and see the colonial stuff.

How's everyone doing today? :)

25. starwarsrules123

starwarsrules123 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 21, 2006
    From what I heard..

He proposed to her but she turned him down 'cause she's dating someone else. xDD

(SO I'M IN LUCK. WHEEE!)

Besides, he would TOTALLY love me. xDD
    (we can all share him. lmao)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.