main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

South East Welcome South Region!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lightsabre, Dec 1, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    Hey gang, Lightsabre here just saying welcome to the South Region forums. For those of you that are new to all of this, we've broken the US down in regions to make it easier to serve you. Each region has a Regional Support Admin that works with each city's City Representative. I'm a member of the Global Support staff and the interim RSA for the South Region, so if you have any questions about Fanforce, please let me know.

I also invite you to review the Fanforce FAQ, posted here:http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1393040&replies=2

Later.

2. farraday

farraday Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 27, 2000
    apparently Virginia isn't part of the south anymore... o_O

3. Lightsabre

Lightsabre Fan Force Founder star 4 VIP

Nov 12, 1999
    Nope, they're part of the NE Region, which will be up, I promise!

4. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    Hey, Lightsabre...

Got your email. Let me know how I can help. My ICQ and AOL contacts are in my profile.

And hello to everyone else in the South Region!

5. JarvisW

JarvisW Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2000
    What about Texas? Did we leave the south and I wasnt told?

6. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I'm guessing you're in the Southwest now.

7. JediofJade

JediofJade Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 1999
    Howdy! JoJ, from FL, sayin' hello!

8. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Good to meet you, JediofJade! What part of Florida are you from?

9. master_kon_ack

master_kon_ack Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2000
    Hi everyone. I am from NC. There sure isn't much activity regarding fan films in the south is there?

BTW I am working on my on little fan film.

The URL is : http://www.100megsfree.com/hiddenforce
    Please tell me whatcha think. Also any suggestions to make the site better would be appreciated....

Here is our movie "company" e-mail address...goonie_filmz@hotmail.com

Thanks

Kenneth Sumner

Director - The Hidden Force

Goonie Filmz

10. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    master_kon_ack:

There isn't much activity because no one has started a thread about it yet. Then again, the South Region has been up less than a week. As a matter of fact, there are several of us from the Nashville forum that are also making a fan film, subtitled "Quest For Vengeance." The link is in my profile.

Feel free to start a discussion thread on the topic, either in the region thread or in your own city. If you post it in your city, you may be able to recruit some talent that way. Post it here, and you may get to see what others are doing.

11. Phantom Will

Phantom Will Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 15, 2000
    Hello from North Carolina.

12. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Greetings, Phantom_Will! Welcome to the South Region!

13. The Larch

The Larch Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 1999
    Greetings and salutations from Huntsville, Alabama! Just thought I'd chime in here in addition to the Huntsville forum. I'm not doing a fanfilm or anything, just your average joe SW fan here. :) (Although a fanfilm would be fun.) Anyway... "Hi."

14. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Hello, The Larch! Interesting name... where did it come from? At first I thought "The Addams Family," but that's "Lurch."

15. The Larch

Jun 26, 1999
    Hey Hama! My screen name is from a Monty Python skit. Goes something like, "How to recognize different types of trees from quite a long way away: Number one... The Larch... The Larch..."

Seemed like a good silly name that no one else would have. I got tired of trying to come up with a SW name that wasn't taken already. :) Amazingly, there are other Larches registered at various places, guess I wasn't as clever as I thought. Haven't run into any of them in person (or virtually), though. Heh.

16. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Ahhh... now it makes sense. I haven't seen too many "Flying Circus" episodes, just the full-length movies. I know what you mean about finding an original name. Unless you can start a screen name roughly based on a new character just as the name is released, most of the cool ones get used up pretty fast.

17. Darth Sin

Darth Sin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 14, 1999
    What's up Lightsabre?! How have you been?? :) Have not heard much from you in a while. I am going to try and be more active here in this forum.

Also, good to hear from you also, The Larch, and Kinnebi!!

Darth Sin!

18. elanrai

elanrai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    Hey everyone! I am from the Nashville area and just thought I'd stop in and yack a bit. Hey Hama... looks like the boards are starting to heat up a little. Lookin' good and greets to all!

19. master_kon_ack

master_kon_ack Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2000
    Thanks for the reply in our guestbook, Hamma-Ryu-Kinnebi. It further motivated my cast and crew (they needed some motivation). I really appreciate it...
    I will most certainly post a link to the trailer when it is completed....
    I really love the idea of different regions on the board, it allows you to communicate with others close to you.

Thanks

Master Kon-ack Sunlock
    Director
    The Hidden Force

Goonie Filmz -- goonie_filmz@hotmail.com

20. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Glad I could help. Best of luck to you and your crew.

21. insane ewok

insane ewok Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 9, 2000
    Hello from ATL! How is everyone? Good to see that there ARE some people alive and well in these forums. cant wait for EII. What are everyones fav topics?

22. elanrai

elanrai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    My favorite would have to be Ep 2 spoiling material. Not the kind to the extreme, just the kind that waters your mouth for more. Of course, I gotta say WHOA sometimes!

23. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    I always enjoy stopping by the JC Community just to see what the latest nonsense threads are (and I usually contribute some nonsense of my own).

24. Darth Sin

Darth Sin Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 14, 1999
    Merry Christmas Kinnebi, the Larch,and my old friend Lightsabre.

I hope you have a joyous holiday, and look forward to 2001, we are getting closer to 2002, and Episode II. I can hardly wait.

Also, what did you guys think of the latest select pic??? Wasn't it good?? Gave me chills. :)

Darth Sin!

25. The Larch

Jun 26, 1999
    Oh, the new select pic is awesome! I'm itchin' for the action figures already. :) Can't believe it's not this coming summer, but the one *after* that! <sigh>

I join Darth Sin in wishing everyone a great holiday weekend! May you all have STAR WARS goodies under the tree.

PS: Hmmm... we need to get some more threads started here. I'll try to think of something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.