main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

South East Welcome South Region!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Lightsabre, Dec 1, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hama

Hama Retired GSA, Retired RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2000
    I agree. Great pic. I won't discuss it (in *this* forum, anyway), since it has some spoiler content. Definitely a sign of good things to come.

2. elanrai

elanrai Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 6, 2000
    Yeah, I was very surprised to see a select pic like that. I believe I got used to seeing things I couldn't make out and.. wholla!! :)

EDIT: Had to take the spoiler out of your post. I like what you were referring to, though.

3. quigon70

quigon70 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2000
    greetings from mississippi

4. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Welcome, quigon70! Good to have you here.

5. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Greetings and Salutations...

6. inkasun

inkasun Jedi Youngling

May 10, 2000
    I am in Charleston, SC. I am an old SW fan. Just wanted to say hi. Every time I go to the movies, which is at least once a week, it's a hobby of mine, I always ask for Episode II. Most people just look at me like I am crazy, which is probably true, anyway. I went to the SW convention in May99 before Episode l came out. Anyone else go? I hope they have another before ll.

7. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    //looks at inkasun like he is crazy.

o_O
    \_/

8. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    I have to admit inkasun, that is pretty strange. But HEY!, everyone is special!

9. JeffJedi

JeffJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 10, 1999
    Hi, I am also from NC.

10. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Good to see you, JeffJedi!

11. master_kon_ack

master_kon_ack Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 6, 2000
    Wow! JeffJedi, what part of NC are you from? I am from the coastal region, near Wilmington.

Kenneth

12. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Similar question here as well, I was wondering who could be the representative for the Nashville area. If no one is interested I'd be more than welcome to fill it.

13. Hama

Jun 14, 2000
    Well, since I've replaced Lightsabre as the South RSA, perhaps I should answer this.

City Reps are not designated until there is an official chapter. To become "official" you must have three successful meetings (attended by 3+ members from your city's forum). These meetings must be discussed in the forum, and notification of the event must be sent to fanforce@theforce.net (for liability reasons, plus you get your event mentioned on the fanforce.net main page).

The FanForce communities cannot be made simply over the Internet, they are in place to facilitate face-to-face contact. The events do not all have to be something completely SW-related (i.e., going to a SW convention), but can be any kind of social activity (i.e., a pizza and movie night at someone's house, going bowling, etc.).

The following is an excerpt from Mr. K's FanForce FAQ on choosing a City Rep:

-=+=-

FanForce does not recognize moderators in the traditional sense. Instead moderators have been effectively replaced by City Representatives (CR's.) It is important for all City Representaive aspirants to understand that this role is inclusive of, but not exclusive to moderation of the city forums. While moderating is a key responsibility of CR's, the position has been greatly expanded.

City Representatives must be (first and foremost,) leaders -- capable of organizing and supporting an entire community of city-wide fans. As a CR, you are there to serve and represent your organization. You must garner their trust and their support. They have to believe that you can be called upon to represent them and TFN in any capacity.

A key point to understand is that CR's do not appoint themselves as such. In addition, FanForce Staff do not appoint moderators, either. As FanForce is essentially "for the fans, by the fans," we trust that CR's can, and will, be appointed by the cities themselves. We expect that this will stem from cities meeting together, planning activities together, and communicating on the forums together. FanForce cities will use these avenues to deicde on a CR.

-=+=-

mercury_v2, if you're interested in becoming a CR, perhaps you can take the initiative and organize some activities for your local chapter. elanrai, I've known you for a while in Nashville, and I'm sure you'd be a great CR, but Nashville hasn't met the requirements (and of course, it's not my decision alone who becomes the CR).

mercury_v2, to answer your question about the Pensacola forum, we can always add another forum, if there is enough interest. One way that I'd recommend is post a thread here in the South Region Discussion Forum, or the FanForce Communications forum, and see if enough people (say, you and two others) are interested in starting a chapter. If there is, I'll get darthcleo (tech admin) to add the city to the list.

MTFBWY!

14. elanrai

Dec 6, 2000
    Sounds like a plan. I will look into it.

15. outrbnkr

outrbnkr Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2001
    hello all. got tired of lurking in the dark and thought i would send out a quick hey. originally from kitty hawk nc, currently stationed in the panama city fl area.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.