main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Welcome - the introduction thread

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Mar 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. soyjedi

soyjedi Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2002
    Hi guys, I'm looking forward in lining up with you guys. My name is Soy Jedi. I've been a SW fan since I was 7. I hope I get to meet some of you at the meeting on Saturday.

2. Mori_Fett

Mori_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2001
    Fett.... Mori Fett

:D

3. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Welcome to the boards, soyjedi! I'm sure you'll get a chance to meet a lot of people at the gathering!

4. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    Ahem. *clears throat*

My name is Kat...and I'm an alcoholic.

*insert sounds of crickets here*

Oh shoot, wrong support group!

Hey hey fellow Star Warriors! I actually used to post a l-o-n-g time ago...under a different name (I wonder if the profile even exists anymore? I should check) and as things happens (because they will) I lost touch with TFN and all the really neat-o (neat-o?) people I'd met!

Anyhoo, just a bit about me: I'm 21, been a Star Warrior since birth pretty much, I'm a third year theatre student, I live in Markham(ill...bwahaha!), my first love is/was and always will be Luke Skywalker, I'm a proud geek, I'm also a Ringer and a Trekkie and I have an inordinate fascination with "stuff". :)

So, after a long hiatus, I'm back! I look forward to seeing you all at the Meet n'Greet...

Yavarice - I go to Ryerson as well! :)
    Howdy to red5jedi - a fellow Markhamite!

5. Dain_Bramage

Dain_Bramage Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 21, 2002
    Hey! I'm from Markham too!!!

6. mirasolo

mirasolo Jedi Youngling

Apr 22, 2002
    hi soy jedi, i'm new too, i just joined the day before you did.

all these ppl from markham! I used to live in Richmond Hill

7. satur9

satur9 Jedi Youngling

Apr 23, 2002
    well, i'm new to the boards here, but i'm not a new sw fan. i've been a fan since i was about 3 years old. seriously.

my name is corey, i'm 21 (soon to be 22), and i love star wars. heh. anywho, i'll be going to the screening at the grande (i will be joining the line for a while, just not for too long, as i have work, etc).

8. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Hullo! okies, well my real name is Christina and i am a 22 year old UofT student, currently studying medical anthropology :) I am a SW fan for as long as i can remember as well as LOTR, Trek and pretty much anything and everything sci-fi. :)
    Hmmmmm what else lol i'm a geek and don't mind being called one! I draw and write whenever i get a spare moment, especially poetry, one day i hope to be published but that is a long way off methinks.
    Hrmmm not much else to say except i can't wait to meet everyone!!!!

I am a huge R2D2 (and 3PO fan) so expect a lot of droid references from me lol ;)

9. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    Can we expect a lot of beeps and whistles? ;)

10. Darth_Digital

Darth_Digital Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 29, 2001
    Oh great...She'll be swearing a lot...

*Drum fill*

11. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    I could see R2 swearing all the time in SW. SW is a film aimed at young people, and it wouldn't have done well if every thing R2 said was a spoken swear word, thus, Lucas made it into beeps and whistles, mainting the swearing, but withouth the words.

Argh. If that was implied by your post, I am tired. Well, I'm tried regardless of me missing the implication of your post and potentially restating it here.

...just be glad I'm tired to tell a story. Actually, that reminds me of a story...

12. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Well get some sleep Adam. Your gonna need your strength to endure my arsenal of bad jokes tomorrow...

:p

13. Mori_Fett

Mori_Fett Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 27, 2001
    Well since we will be meeting ... I'm Cat (short for Catalin) (on a side note I wasn't going to put MALE but then I looked at my name, realized it would be butchered and I'd suddenly be branded female)
    I'm 21 and I'm a certified Brain Surgeon.
    When not making outrageous claims or using that imagination of mine, I can be found either overworking, not getting enough sleep , working on my specialization project at school or not living up to my expectations. ;)

I also enjoy anything Star Wars, sports, movies, music, working out, aggressive skating, inline hockey, spending money on useless things that I will never pick up again after the "first day excitement" is over and that's it. :)

14. Jedi_Kat

Jedi_Kat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 6, 2002
    Dain_Bramage and mirasolo: Woohoo for York Regioners! :)

Elewyn, you don't make droid references to me (or beep) in real life...I'm hurt... [face_mischief]

15. Elewyn

Elewyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    Ack! my secret is out i'm really a girl in a tin can expressing my life of confinement with unguarded mechanical chirpings of indignance ;) heh heh how i shall have to surprise you all by being un-droid-like and dare i say "normal" (shudder at the implications). What am i saying? normal is boring :) I am a collector of all things R2D2 however :)

Anyhoo: beep whoop meeep Jedi_Kat

This is madness!;) but in the nicest possible way, as what could be cooler than SW? :)

16. Nyla

Nyla Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Hi everyone!

I'm brand new to this board. I'm 22, I live in Toronto and I'm a UofT student. I'm looking forward to meeting some of you on the Spidy night this friday. I wanted to come to the meet and greet last week, but I wasn't feeling good :( Two of my good friends went though and filled me in on all the juicy details :)

17. One_More_Shadow

One_More_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Hi everbody! ("Hi, Dr. Nick!)

Uh... okay, I'm new here as well. I'm 25, I live downtown, and I work as an editor/freelance writer. I'm a fan of pretty much everything in the SF/fantasy/horror genre (books, movies, TV), and I look forward to messaging with everyone here.

I plan to be at the Spidey meeting on Friday, so maybe I'll meet some of you in person.

Until then...

18. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Great! I got this kink in my back that could us a good-

Oh, you wrote MESSAGE...My bad..

Welcome aboard!

:p

19. One_More_Shadow

One_More_Shadow Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 30, 2002
    Whoa geez, for a second there I thought I *did* write "massage." Would've been a good way to start my online corresponsce with y'all.

"Here's the rub..."

20. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Homer;

"Think un-sexy thoughts, think unsexy thoughts..."

21. The_Last_Warrior

The_Last_Warrior Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2002
    Hey all,

I'm Jake, I live in Toronto, near Yonge and Eglinton, and I was a pseudo-member of the Ep.1 line up.

I recently made it out to the Spiderman movie night. It was great to meet some of you, and thanks to everyone for making me feel welcome.

I'm looking forward to being part of the line, defending my position from the hordes of would-be-star-wars-fans, hopped up on enough java to kill a small horse, holding my baseball bat ......um, yeah.

Anyways, hope to have some interesting discussions and what not.

Thanks again!

22. Darth_Digital

Oct 29, 2001
    Welcome aboard dude.

23. Adam-the-Indifferent

Nov 30, 2000
    digging through some old threads, came across this one.

The line may be over, but the fun certainly isn't, so if there are any lurkers out there - introduce yourselves and have fun! There's some chocolate in it for ya...c'mon, you know you want to...

24. Kenobi2

Kenobi2 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    And you are?

25. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    "I'm Boba Fett."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.