main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome to Fan Audio

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by Azeem, Jul 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Well good luck, Nathan. I sent in news to be posted for Coruscant?'s release and it never made it. I figure audio is just going to get shunned, unfortunately.

2. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    That's why we've got Fanworks coming, right? ;)

3. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    Right on, brutha! ;)

4. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    I'm fixing things up as we speak. Those who are privy to where the site is currently being finished up will be able to download "The Mob" as of tonight, since I'm getting everything set for a release of Sept. 1, when The Mob, ROTO #1, and RON will all be released.

5. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    We should really make this one a sticky. :) So what's everyone up to lately audio wise? I posted a little update over at the fanfilms forum saying basically, the only audio I've done recently is some fan music remixing. I got some old demos sent my way of my favorite band...had to clean up the audio some and EQ them.

That's about it for me audio wise right now. I still have to listen to the new episodes of Tatooine TV.

Keith

6. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Let's see. I'm in the middle (at home after work, of course) of trying to finish listening to the last two Tatooine TV episodes and to the last half hour or so of the most recent Star Wars en Direct (English Version).

I'm in mid-mixing on Addiction and Responsibility, but those are slow going. Addiction just needs a few sound effects, then music, wile Responsibility needs an entire part still recorded before I can do much with it.

Context looks like it'll be sent out to another guy to mix, so I'll be getting the actors the first five scripts sometime this weekend. I've yet to write #6, the "season finale."

I'm almost done with ChronoRadio #11, which just needs a segment Rich and I will record this weekend. I also just recorded the first "Nathan's Rumblings" segment for Star Wars en Direct.

And Fanworks just got an update, and will soon get a FAQ and possibly a Reviews section within the Features. That depends on finding reviewers who can review well, but also feel they have a clue about fan audio.

7. doggans

doggans Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 31, 2002
    Hey, where the heck did the Fan Audio banner go? :confused:

I'm assuming they switched to "default banner" or something for Pirate day, and forgot to switch back...

8. Elan-Rai

Jul 11, 2001
    It happened to get reset I suppose. I fixed it and we're good to go. :)

9. scribe88

scribe88 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2003
    I nominate Keith as a reviewer. Since he isn't going to be doing any more fan audio productions, he'd be completely unbiased.

Plus he really knows what he's doing ...

;)

10. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    I'm going to have to regretfully decline Scribe. I've already scheduled my next huge project. This one is going to cost even more money than the audio drama. hehe.

Some of you guys don't know, but I was a music education major for 5 years. During that time, I wrote over 25 classical compositions that I want to re-score. They're mostly written in pencil, so I want to go back and get them printed. I also have to finish some of them too. Once that's done, I'm going to have them recorded and then sent into the US Copyright Office. Who knows, perhaps publish them one day.

First, gotta get the piano tuned, then gotta buy Sibelius 3 (a scoring program) and one or two of their plugin programs so to speak.

Big money, but worth every penny considering all the money spent on my education. :) But once they are done, I may make some available for use in fan films...who knows...depends on if I think they might fit.

Keith

11. Sith_Hunter

Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2001
    A little Tatooine TV update-

When I orginally wrote my first script, there were 12 bits. I sent out the whole script to Shawn Crosby for his fantastic vocal performance (vp), and when I went through his entire disc he sent, I was blown away by his grasp of mimickry and creativity. Its funny, some of the guys that I work with in my company said they would like to do some vp. I never know what to expect, because they are pretty quiet, but when they have a script in their hand, and a recorder running, they come alive with the most amazing stuff. I have two daughters of another woman I work with that are sending me incredible stuff, too. I am the luckiest man alive. All the vp's I have working with me have such great talent, so be on the lookout for some super great Tatooine TV bits in the near future. Thanks Nathan, and the rest of you all for your support of a blossoming dream. I am now verklempt.

12. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    Guess what guys, I'm going to do one more audio drama. A much shorter one this time. :) Very small cast and small crew.

Title: A Summer's Dream

This will be an adaptation based on a story by Terry Moore that appeared in Dark Horse's Star Wars Tales #5 comic.

I'm looking for the following roles to be filled:

1. Sio Bibble
    2. Kun Lago - husky American voice...about 50 years old sounding
    3. voice for story introduction and credits

Keith

13. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    I can do the credits and such for you if you like. Not as if I haven't had a lot of experience doing that. ;)

Also, has anyone from RON bothered to check out the awards setup that's about to start? You guys are up for stuff.

14. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    I just checked it out.....I dont have an account there but here's something I noticed that you missed..

I can't take full credit for mixing on RoN. I have to share that with David Jacques who mixed most of act 1 scene 3 and John Reeves worked the mixing board when we did recordings of cast members. Those were integral mixers on RoN. Overall, yes I was the primary but dont deserve full credit.

Other changes...

Best Actress in an Audio Drama
    -remove Pam-

Best Supporting Actress in an Audio Drama
    -add Pam-

Best Actor in an Audio Drama
    -remove Ted Alderman-
    -add Jeremy Caldwell-

Best Supporting Actor in an Audio Drama
    -remove Jeremy Caldwell-
    -add Ted Alderman-
    -revise Veruna to Prince Veruna-

Best Original Audio Drama Character
    -add Prince Veruna-
    -add Red Beard-

Prince Veruna is actually a new character. His father is King Veruna (an EU character). We just invented a son for the King.

Oh and for the narrator..I'm looking for someone a bit different this go around actually. I'll know him when I hear him. :)

Keith

15. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Mkay:

1. Definitely set up a username over there. Otherwise, you won't be able to vote, and the fan audio community there, not to smack at TFN, is a bit bigger and more creator-driven, given that this board is fairly slow-going. As far as I know, none of the RON folks have usernames over there, but that's where almost all of the discussion on most of the projects is taking place at the moment, minus perhaps SWD, which is covered by both boards about equally.

2. I've updated the nominee lists. I had confused Red Beard with Crimson Jack, the previously-established Marvel character. He's on there now.

16. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    What am I supposed to vote on? And is our cast supposed to vote on stuff too? or no?

Can you also make this revision:

Best Mixer for an Audio Drama:
    Keith Abbott, David Jacques and John Reeves (Rise of Nobility)

Oh and yeah, Red Beard is definitely not Crimson Jack. :) I think I initially thought the same thing but there are definite differences. hehe.

Keith

17. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Fixed. And they can vote in the one that'll be done by polls, yes. There's also one less . . . board tampering (socks) and PR-proof (keeping radio shows from overloading by PRing for votes) . . . version of the awards that will be voted on by an 'academy' of 7 community members who did not have any form of active role in any 2003 release, who would also be listening to everything before any kind of voting.

So, there's the Fan Audio Academy Awards, the People's Choice Awards to go with it, and I'll be doing some "Founder's Awards" through Fanworks to recognize shows like DLR, JediTalk, etc., which were from pre-2003 and not elligible for the other awards.

18. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    If there's some kind of message you can write up explaining the whole 9 yards and what all our cast/crew should do, I'll forward it along. They really need to know what's expected of them and what they can and can't vote for, etc.

I'd probably say 95+% of our cast and crew have no idea about the awards...so we'll need to inform them I suppose.

Keith

19. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    We'll be putting up news info on Fanworks and posting about it on the board when it's ready. Basically, there'll just be one poll per category. They show up, they want to vote, they vote. No big deal. No one is excluded from the ones that are open to the public, and those that aren't won't even be on the boards to worry about.

20. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Also, Keith: If you have any info on that con appearance I can post, I'll get it up ASAP. And if you want to get me a "green-background" (like with RON) version of that ASD logo, I can go ahead and get a dummy working page ready for you so it can be tweaked as you go along, rather than having to be built after the project is finished.

21. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    I sitll need to get with Pam on the details of the Con. And until I get a ways into production, I'd rather not add a dummy page to fanworks. Perhaps once I get the cast and crew finalized that would be a good time. Plus I still have to finish the script.

Keith

22. Nathan_P_Butler

May 23, 2003
    Right. By dummy pages, I wasn't meaning adding it to the live site. Just starting some basic construction. S'cool.

23. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    No prob. We'll take care of that down the line.

Keith

24. keithabbott

Aug 7, 1998
    And just look how far we've come since July of last year. Congrats to all the fan audio community for keeping it going.

Raises his glass to the sky..."here's to another great year!"

Keith

25. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    This is crazy. I can't believe the JC has a fan audio drama section now!

It is my one true dream to create movies, however, in order to do that, it requires you have willing *actors* near you (or willing to travel to you, even less likely). I've finally resolved I have to branch into audio drama, because there is of course the huge advantage in not needing your actors to be together in order to create the drama.

And it's perfect that there is a forum here just for creating these projects, if I get my newest dream off the ground, I will most likely be living in this forum for a while. I don't have any firm ideas yet, someone in Games mentioned doing a movie of KotOR and I thought maybe an audio dramatization would be interesting, but other than that, I don't know.

At any rate, Im rambling. I'd like to say it was SoloCommand who inspired me by showing me there are more possbilities out there for an aspiring director than I ever dreamed, and for that, I am very grateful. I hope I can make a splash in the new audio drama revival. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.