main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

P.Rico Welcome to Hogsmead, the Place for Witches and Wizards

Discussion in 'Latin America General Discussion' started by Spike_Spiegel, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Boricua

Jedi_Boricua Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 17, 2002
    Bueno como siempre tienen que haber un aguafiestas, me acaba de surgir algo el jueves a la 1.

Asi que llegare tarde.

2. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
    Que raro Luis, que raro.

Count me in.

3. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Despues que llegues, its fine by me!

4. Essiery

Essiery Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 18, 2002
    Chillis suena bien.

Chillis de Plaza a la 1pm entonces?

o hay alguna otra sugerencia?

5. Rao

Rao Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 29, 2002
    Eso suena bien

no demos mas sugerencias

el Jueves a la 1pm en Chilli's de Plaza las Americas

con libro? yo lo voy a llevar
    cause I'm not ashamed.

That's tomorrow people! Ok.

Let the galleons burn. there's a D.A. meeting.

6. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
    Ya no llego tarde, ahora no voy!!!

Nada es que mi vida esta semana ha dado como un giro de 180 grados, las cosas se han complicado y se complicaran aun mas.

7. MegaJediRafa

MegaJediRafa RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 1, 2002
    Tendre que comer en otro lado antes o despues de la reunion, no puedo comer en chilis. :(

Libro? No lo pienso llevar, lo tengo prestado. :D

8. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    Quizas necesite pon si me pueden llamar a casa de abuela se los agradecere.

9. Spike_Spiegel

Spike_Spiegel Former FF Administrator Former Saga Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2002
    Ricardo, llamame si no me has llamado para eso de las 12:15 yo te llamo. :)

10. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    I just wanna thank those who accepted the open invitation for lunch for all HP fans to come and do some Potterizing. It was a heck of a lot of fun!

11. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    Yep it was fun

12. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    Nota aclaratoria para nuestro amigo Paquinero.

Entrevista con Neil Gaiman.

Linda Richards: There's been a lot of muttering in the UK press about J.K. Rowling "borrowing" ideas for her Harry Potter books from you. Would you care to comment on that?

Neil Gaiman: Last year, initially The Scotsman newspaper -- being Scottish and J.K. Rowling being Scottish -- and because of the English tendency to try and tear down their idols, they kept trying to build stories which said J.K. Rowling ripped off Neil Gaiman. They kept getting in touch with me and I kept declining to play because I thought it was silly. And then The Daily Mirror in England ran an article about that mad woman who was trying to sue J.K. Rowling over having stolen muggles from her. And they finished off with a line saying [something like]: And Neil Gaiman has accused her of stealing.

Luckily I found this online and I found it the night it came out by pure coincidence and the reporter's e-mail address was at the bottom of the thing so I fired off an e-mail saying: This is not true, I never said this. You are making this up. I got an apologetic e-mail back, but by the time I'd gotten the apologetic e-mail back it was already in The Daily Mail the following morning and it was very obvious that The Daily Mail's research [had] consisted of reading The Daily Mirror. And you're going: journalists are so lazy.

What was it of yours they were accusing her of stealing from you?

My character Tim Hunter from Books of Magic who came out in 1990 was a small dark-haired boy with big round spectacles -- a 12-year-old English boy -- who has the potential to be the most powerful wizard in the world and has a little barn owl.

So there were commonalties, for sure.

Well, yes and as I finally, pissed off, pointed out to an English reviewer who tried to start this again, I said: Look, all of the things that they actually have in common are such incredibly obvious, surface things that, had she actually been stealing, they were the things that would be first to be changed. Change hair color from brown to fair, you lose the glasses, you know: that kind of thing.

Change the owl to a gecko.

Yes. Or to a peregrine falcon. And I said to her that I thought we were both just stealing from T.H. White: very straightforward. But then I saw an online interview with the mad muggles lady where they were asking her about me and they said: what about Neil Gaiman? And she said: Well, he's been gotten to. [Laughs]

By the Harry Potter conspiracy? [Laughs]

I guess, yes.

13. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    For all those Potter fans out there.

E News Live will be (obviously) live from the set of Harry potter and the Prisioner of Azkaban this friday October 17

14. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    I want to know your ratings on the books. Mine stands as such:

Prisoner of Azkaban
    Order of the Phoenix
    Goblet of Fire
    Sorcerer's Stone
    Chamber of Secrets

In rereading the whole series, I discovered little interest in reading Chamber again.

Prisoner for me is the strongest book. Order is the most fun.

Goblet would make an amazing movie.

15. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Check this out:

http://www.thezreview.co.uk/news/news2570.htm

http://www.thezreview.co.uk/news/news2569.htm

http://www.thezreview.co.uk/news/news2571.htm

http://www.thezreview.co.uk/news/news2572.htm

In the first one...is that Malfoy?

Is that Black in the last one?

16. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    Este domingo 23 de noviembre

J.K.Rowling aparece en los Simpsons mientras dan un viaje a londres.

Además saldrá Tony Blair y Sir Ian Mckellen.

Must see.

17. Jedi_Boricua

Apr 17, 2002
    Okay aqui la lista de como yo veo los libros

Prisoner of Azkaban, no contest.

Goblet of Fire, excelente, y lo mejor de todo es q es tan largo que no se acaba rápido.

Sorcerer's Stone, el inicio de la magia.

Order of the Phoenix, es un buen libro , pero creo que lo hicieron demasiado largo y no logra captar al lector tan bien como Goblet.

Chamber of Secrets, también es una buena historia, pero no es tan interesante, además de que odio a Lockheart con todo mi ser.

DISCLAIMER: Solo he leído los libros una vez, así que si algún día los releo quizás cambien los standings.

18. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    Goblet y Prisioner estan dandose las bofetas por el primer lugar

Remus J. Lupin esta bien nitido y la bofeta de Hermione a Draco tambien pero el regreso de Voldemort esta super brutal

Sorcerer's en segundo lugar pero con ciertos privilegios

y entre chamber y Order no sé creo que Order primero y por último Chamber

Si; Order nos trae el verdadero Moody y a Luna Lovegood y la pelea entre dumbledore y tom si no fuera por la estenuante presencia de Dolores Umbridge estaría en rimer lugar. o segundo.

19. Essiery

Essiery Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 18, 2002
    Salio el Unofficial Harry Potter Guide para Order of the Phoenix. Para los que esten interesados.

Y dudo mucho que todavia haya gente que no ha visto el trailer de Prisoner of Azkaban pero por si las hay, aqui tienen el link:

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/harry_potter-azkaban/

20. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Dos cositas:

Grupo para ver Prisoner???
    Donde y cuando?

Me compre Quiddich World Cup y estoy hooked. Dang its a cool game!

21. Rao

Oct 29, 2002
    Yo voy seguro mañana a las 9:00pm; en Plaza.

EDIT: Acabo de comprar para la tanda de las 10:00am en Plaza Las Américas también.

22. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Some of us work for a living, you bastard!

23. Lucidus

Lucidus Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 26, 2002
  24. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    Saw the flick last night. Loved it.

I liked the way the whole universe was rethought. You could really see its a different director and I did enjoy the new vision.

My biggest gripes with the movie are three. First it is that it seemed that the Hogwarts landscape changed. The Whomping Willow and Hagrid's hut were in different places. Second, the ending needed to be better, they needed to add those nice little details like Sirus' permission slip for Hogsmeade and the realization of who actually made the Marauder's Map. That really bugged me 'cause they never explained in the movie how did Lupin know what the map was and how to work it. My third gripe is that they cut a lot of stuff, little stuff really, like we never see Snape teaching. It didn't affect the plot but it made the year go by really fast.

I liked Gambone's Dumbledore. He's not Harris nor he tries to. He is more playful and silly than Harris and I like that. I really liked Lupin, even though I had problems with his looks. I truly enjoyed Scary Gary's Sirius...he was born to play Black just as Rickman was born to play Snape.

I think Daniel made an excellent job as a more mature, darker Harry. The kids are all growing up both in age and in acting ability. That is excellent.

Overall, I liked this movie a lot, I think it is the best one thus far in many ways. It was one of the few movies I do not feel cheated after seeing it.

25. Spike_Spiegel

Aug 12, 2002
    It's confirmed. Somebody dies in the next book. But who? I have two theories.

Hagrid: Emotionally this would be the biggest blow to Harry. Hagrid is his main father figure. His world would tailspin if he was gone.

Dumbledore: How else can you make the war the darkest time for Harry and wizardkind? Killing Dumbledore will really make us the readers think "how on earth are they gonna get out of this???"

Another interesting tidbit, Rowling says Sirius' mirror will have significance. Thoughts?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.