main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Welcome to the Christmas Countdown

Discussion in 'Community' started by AutumnLight91, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  2. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    It's Christmas Eve, a reminder of safety precautions for tonight (clickable to video, will not make you lose Whammagedon :p )

[​IMG]

3. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    And right on cue. 3 yo is sick. High fever. Wife is also feeling like crap.

Just me and the newborn left. I'm on my third glass of spiked eggnog.

4. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    pouring here, brakes wet, windshield completely fogged over. lucky to make it home

Sarge likes this.
  5. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    Merry Christmas all, especially if it's a lonely one for anyone. We're staying put as there is just too much illness going around. I hope there's lots of love and warmth in your homes and delicious food on your tables.

6. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    It's my first Christmas away from family. So it's a big thing for me.

That said, I'm already in Christmas being hours ahead.

Merry Christmas everyone.

7. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Hope it isn't Covid..

DarkGingerJedi likes this.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  9. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    What random Christmas gift did you get today? My mother-in-law gave me a container of cinnamon for some reason.

10. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    AutumnLight91 likes this.
  11. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    I'm not on it lol

Sarge likes this.
  12. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
  13. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    I saw Santa at the Macy Thanksgiving Parade.

You know what that means

The Countdown has Begun!

Soonish that is

SHAD0W-JEDI and Juliet316 like this.
  14. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Advent begins on Sunday, sorry ^^

15. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Thats why I say Soonish

16. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    No. It is not time for the Christmas countdown. Wait until at least December.

Sarge likes this.
  17. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    It's still early, but I made a video for everyone to laugh at so enjoy

Juliet316 likes this.
  18. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002
    @Alpha-Red Ehhhhhhhhhh my kids are currently making a paper chain they hang in the hallway that connects their rooms so they pull it each day between now and Christmas. Also the Christmas stuff is in the process of going up as yes I put up the lights up outside as it was actually a decent day here. So whether we like it or not, the Christmas Countdown as begun. Thing is I grew up that "Christmas Season" did not end until Christmas on January 6th. So I try to talk my wife into waiting perhaps until the weekend after Thanksgiving to put stuff up but the kids are too excited plus it's easier for us to put it up now since we are off from work. Plus I am a kid at heart so long as it's AFTER Thanksgiving I am okay with Christmas stuff.

19. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    It's still too early, not even December, but I just watched the GotG Holiday Special and I've got the spirit now.

20. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Im trying to do work at my computer. Letting myself be distracted here and have the music for the special on. It’a good Christmas mix. Very fitting for the guardians.

Sarge likes this.
  21. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Hey, I just started up the first few seconds of that just to get it on my "continue watching" list. But....I'm not actually going to go through it until December.

22. DarkGingerJedi

DarkGingerJedi Chosen One star 6

Nov 21, 2012
    My almost 4 year is enraptured. Last year he barely knew what Christmas was, but sorta knew about Santa.

This year, he's been asking about Santa since Labor Day. He tells us he has to see Santa and ask him for presents. He wants to write Santa a letter. Says he wants a big Crane.

And in October, his grandma visited. He was misbehaving a little bit, nothing big, just normal 3 year old-boundary breaking stuff. And she told him "You know if you keep acting this way Santa is not going to visit you. You need to be a good boy" And holy crap I nipped that in the bud immediately with "Nope nope nope. nope. He's a good boy and he gets presents on Xmas because we love him, not because he's good, and we don't threaten taking away gifts". Not having this guilt-tripping infect him already. lol

Right now he's got the Polar Express on rotation. Absolutely loves it.

23. SHAD0W-JEDI

SHAD0W-JEDI Force Ghost star 4

May 20, 2002
    We usually do a lot of our interior Christmas decorating the couple of days after Thanksgiving (the tree goes up about a week or so before Christmas). I am not necessarily a huge fan of all the carrying of boxes of "stuff" up and down the steps, and I admit that there is a certain amount of either self-affirmation (for the boxes that are well labeled) or self-loathing (for those that are not) but I always enjoy seeing the house decorated for Christmas and I also enjoy seeing some favorite decorations emerge from their year long hiatus - the "Santa" Yoda, certain snowmen figures, the Santa salt and pepper shakers, a couple Christmas cookie jars, etc. I also greatly look forward to seeing the ornaments on the tree each year, and occasionally adding some (many...most?...of our ornaments aren't "generic" Christmas balls, etc, so that many call to mind certain years, or certain periods in our lives, or Christmases past, or certain people (some still us, some not), or pets, etc. ).

I feel blessed that I've always enjoyed Christmas, in all the different flavors I've experienced - Christmas as a kid (with the magic of Santa, etc), as a younger person, the special fun of seeing Christmas through the eyes of your kids, and moving on to...er...whatever this is now. There have been "lean" Christmases and Christmases of (relative) abundance but I am glad the magic has never gone out for me. I feel lucky that way.

Won't be the last time sentimentality gets the best of me and I post here, but regardless - hope everyone has some fun this coming holiday!

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Cannot wait for Christmas

25. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Who is ready to count down to Christmas?

AutumnLight91 likes this.