main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welcome to the Collector's Tap Cafe XI !!!

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by CrazyMike, Jan 24, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rebelwookiee

rebelwookiee Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    drac, we're almost in the same boat. trust me, your teachers are as excited as you are about the last day of school.

2. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Good morning everyone, school is almost over, the weather is improving, and it is Friday tomorrow !!!

3. JED1

JED1 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 1998
    Morning Mike :) How are you today?

4. JediLuner

JediLuner Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 26, 2003
    Hi Mike , Hey George

How are you 2 , i just got home from seeing EP III for my thierd time!!!!

5. Tim_In_CT

Tim_In_CT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Morning Mike, George, and Kenneth.

Another cool and windy day in Connecticut. Local weather person stated that the weather is about one month behind the calendar, but doesn't say why that is. Otherwise it's just another day in paradise. ;)

6. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Doing well George, how are you :) Hey Kenneth and Tim, how is life treating you two.

7. Tim_In_CT

Dec 2, 2002
    Can't complain Mike, just check any newspaper and it's easy to see how things could be worse. How's it going up north?

8. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    Hey Kenneth, good to see you! you need to see ROTS once more to catch up with me, dude! :p How ya doing?, haven't seen you in a while!!

Hey Tim, Mike :) I'm doing ok, still trying to come to terms with my two day ban :(

9. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Right on Tim, so very true. It is so easy to forget how lucky we all are. I am in the process of attempting to get Jeannette out here a week ahead of schedule as she will have Uni wrapped up by next Wednesday.

10. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Morning guys :)

George, two day ban?

Actually Mike, next Tuesday at 5pm the latest. Not that I am counting O:)

11. Tim_In_CT

Dec 2, 2002
    Morning Jeannette,

Hmm changing flight dates, might co$t you a few dollars. ;)

How could anyone ban George? [face_laugh] He never struck me as a trouble maker. Or do you have more than one signature George???

Which airport are you going out of Jeanette? We just might pass each other if it's LHR. ;)

12. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Not at all Jeannette :)

Actually it is only about $100 to change it Tim :)

13. Tim_In_CT

Dec 2, 2002
    Well, that's a few dollars. Let see, that's at least 5 more Star Wars figures. [face_laugh]

Not that you can put a price on love of course. ;)

Edit: Going off for a bit, enjoy the day everyone.

14. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    True and true Tim. I will know if it is going to happen
    ina few hours Tim :) Have a good sleep !!!

15. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    I've never been banned before, Tim and I only log on as JED1 (although I made another sig last night so that I could get on the boards to ask Mike or LAJ to help me get unbanned as the e-mails I had sent them had gone unanswered (I guess they didn't get them) and the unban request I sent the boards didn't result in anything. I didn't need to use the sig cos I got unbanned late last night, I was beginning to feel really paranoid! so glad to be back)I really don't know what I had done to get banned, I would love to find out though!

16. DaDarth

DaDarth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2002
    I think it should be a rule that you are a least emailed or pm'd a reason for your ban if you weren't made aware of it when it was done. I have heard that people have been banned by accident. Maybe Mike would know if this was possible?

Edit: I ordered my Vader mini bust. Man is shipping expensive to Canada. This bust ended up being more costly then I originally thought....

17. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Morning guys,last day of my Freshman year

18. CrazyMike

Dec 4, 2000
    Congrats Drac !!!!! Jim the shipping and duty can be brutal. I want to buy a MR Sidious sabre but I am wondering if I should wait and see if one of the Sci Fi stores in Toronto get it. I can then buy it from there.

George I have a feeling that an IP ban was responsible for your accidental ban. That does happen from time to time when a mod IP bans someone without checking to see if there are any other User ids associated with
    the IP address. I cannot find any other reason why it could have happened.

19. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    Problem is with emailing people is the amount of emails mods would have to do it isn't practical.

If you hadn't done anything wrong only thing I can think of it being was someone did an IP ban and yours was caught in it, however normally that happens more with dial up.

20. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    good morning y'all, so have any of y'all ever done any figure customizing?

21. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    I guess if it was accidental that's ok and I'll put it down to "one of those things" , thanks Mike for the explanation.

I haven't done any customising Spooky although my son once fed a Gammorean Guard figure to the dog next door who was a Rancor at the time! allegedly! and it got pretty chewed up. Does a Rancor Pit Gammorean count as a customised figure? [face_laugh]

22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    JED1 - I have checked your user notes and there isn't anything in there about a ban. Somebody probably IP-banned as has been suggested.

Did your email to me come from an id called something like corsec5? I got one but AOL warned me about there being a picture in the email and I don't open those if I don't know who sent them. Otherwise I didn't get any email from you.

Edit - you should have gotten an option to submit an unban request. If it happens again submit the request since all the mods are supposed to check those. I normally look every time I sign on.

23. JED1

Dec 16, 1998
    I am corsec5, LAJ but there wasn't a picture in my mail so am confused over that! I did get the unban request sent but didn't get a response which is why I ended up writing to you guys! No worries though, hopefully everything is ok now!

24. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Well, next time I will know it's you..maybe something in the formatting kicked off the warning message. I know I didn't see an unban request from you - I would have read it. Maybe one of the other mods saw it before me and unbanned you.

25. DarthKiltie

DarthKiltie Jedi Youngling

May 25, 2005
    Hello its me JED1, since I went to the trouble of setting up my "emergency sig" I thought I'd use it at least once! Anyhoo, it's off home for me, catch you all later :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.