main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Toronto Welcome to Toronto FanForce

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by TragicLad, Nov 30, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. THEREALSHMII

THEREALSHMII Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Hi Yale, There's a couple of people from Thornhill posting here. We had a Let's introduce ourselves thread on fanforce where everyone introduces themselves, their collections their favorite character etc. Maybe our moderator could bring it over so you'll know who you're posting too. Hey Tragic can you still do that now that the forum is closed?

2. Hunter Of Winds

Hunter Of Winds Jedi Youngling star 5

Dec 5, 1999
    Hi Guys,

I live in the States, but I have made visits to Toronto.

I posted a poem written by a Canadian in another topic. He's famous for having penned "High Flight."

In memory of Gillespie Magee
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=1463778

~ Hunter ~

3. Yale_Solo

Yale_Solo Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2000
    Er... Just one question.
    What is "The line up?"
    Sorry everyone I'm just a tinch slow. Are you talking about some sort of IRL line up? Maybe Episode 1? Sorry I'v got some cramming to do so I gota go.
    See ya all later!

-Yale
    Blah out.

4. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Yes, the line up of which we speak was the Episode I line in Toronto which most of us were in.

5. TragicLad

TragicLad Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    >What is "The line up?"

That would be the two week line up for Episode One that took place out front of the York Cinemas, back in '99. For those who missed the line, you can still see some of the archived stuff at:
    http://www.infoculture.cbc.ca/archives/filmtv/filmtv_05061999_lineupcoverage.html say, isn't that Adam-the-indifferent taking on Leah and young Kenobi at the same time? :)

And then there's Ken Kenobi's journal over at http://www.canoe.ca/JamStarWars/lineupjournal.html

6. Cristalia

Cristalia Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2000
    Tragic, that's not me, that's Deb. There's a big difference, no? At least a foot difference... :)
    Yale, I'm in Thornhill also, actually...where exactly are you? (School etc. I'm at Westmount.)

Cris~

7. Yale_Solo

Yale_Solo Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2000
    Wow! I go to Rosedale! Thats just accross the road! I remember seeing that line! I wanted to go but we had EQAO (Government testing or somthing :p) I would love to join you people, I think its a great way to meet new friends. It's not that my mom is protective of me, actualy I am aloud to give out my phone number (on rare ocations) but my mom is kinda worried.

Sorry for the spelling peepz
    I'm not the best in spelling

I live on Rosedale thats the street Rosedale P.S is on. What grade are you in? I'm comeing over there in a year. :) People please post today. I'm snowed in and dead bored.

-Yale
    Blah out.

8. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000
    It's never a good idea to give out your address or phone number online. E-mail is much safer. Also this board has a way to send secret messages meant only for one person if you ever feel the need to do so.

9. KnightFyr

KnightFyr Jedi Youngling

Dec 13, 2000
    Hey all,

It's good to see Toronto Star Wars Fans online I've been looking for some for so long. Good to meet you all.

10. Yale_Solo

Yale_Solo Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2000
    Your right, for posts that anyone could see its unsafe to post a phone number or address. I used Yahoo! Messenger to give one of my best online friend my phone number. I also called a good online friend from Israel and I would also give her my number. I'm not so worried about "sickos" because I'm a guy, but there are still freeky people out there. I would be worried to give out any personal info if I was female but thats just me.

New Topic -

Has anyone here read the series "Earth's Chirdren" by Jean M. Auel?

11. Adam-the-Indifferent

Adam-the-Indifferent Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    just because you are a guy does not protect from 'sickos' out there.

use caution...those sickos are not to be underestimated.

Maybe talk to your parents about what you can/can't give out over the net, that may help you get a better idea of how to protect yourself.

Haven't read those books.

Welcome to the board KnightFyr.

12. krax13

krax13 Jedi Youngling

Dec 14, 2000
    <carried in on a strecher, having long ago collapsed from exhaustion>

Oh goody, I get to reintroduce myself.. what fun. :)

Here goes: "I AM NOT A PYRO!".

Now that thats done with.. Adam, like the nickname. I see you've finally embraced you're fate.. or not?

And David have you actually done any planning for the trip up here, or is this going to be another famous last minute organized thing(tm)? And attempting to call me in the middle of the night, but only for 3 rings, so I just don't get to the friggin phone in time is not nice.

Oh and Greg, did you ever find that mouse (or was it a rat?) in your room? :)

Hmm.. Greeting Tragic, has all the painting on that new house been finished? :)
    I'm sure David, Greg and Adam will understand why I ask, but I'll let you remain confused :)

Hello to everyone else, and I'm off to study :(

Krax
    Joseph Slonimsky

13. TheGrandePoobah

TheGrandePoobah Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Yes, I've done some planning for it, and would have done more if I wasn't perilously close (or over) the amount of long distance time I'm limited to by the ins and outs of Bell's savings plans. Since the next step requires talking with you.

Which brings me to my call, just after midnight (which you've said is an okay time) and at the start of a new billing month. I also let it ring for about 40 seconds, much more than 3 rings, as best I could have guessed. I thought you were sleeping through it... and how come it takes 3 rings to get to the phone anyway? You're in a small basement apartment, did you bury the phone under heaps of dirty laundry?

14. KingBob

KingBob Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 30, 2000
    not as such unfortunately, I had the mouse trapped in my closet, but he ducked under the door and got out through the vents, I'll get him if he ever shows his ugly mouse face again, which I doubt since I scared him good and I don't keep any food out, just in me fridge, I will be ready next time though, I brought my knife up so if he does appear I will have me a good'ole mouse roast, of course I'd have to cook him in the microwave, because we are not allowed any other types of heating instruments.

King Bob

15. Yale_Solo

Yale_Solo Jedi Youngling

Dec 9, 2000
    Eww... Nukeing a dead mouse. Not a nice picture.

-Yale
    Blah out.

16. Cristalia

May 15, 2000
    *shakes head in disbelief*
    Yeah...dorm life is looking less and less attractive every second...
    Yale - I'm actually in OAC (18 yrs. old)...and probably in my last semester of the wretched place anyways.
    David - you planned this? Where are these so called plans? I need to know, because I don't know if I have the money to go right now....

Cris~

17. Darth Pikachuwbacca

Darth Pikachuwbacca Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2000
    Hey, anyone remember me? I'll give you SEVEN guesses as to who I was on the old boards!

So it is good to be back. (Not that I ever really left. Hmm, maybe I should say "it's good to have time to post now!.")

So my memory is not the best, but are we missing some people from FanForce? CYU Vader, or whatever his name was. And I know that there were others! Where did they go?

18. Cristalia

May 15, 2000
    Welcome back, SotS... :)

Cris~

19. Darth Pikachuwbacca

Darth Pikachuwbacca Jedi Master star 4

Jan 22, 2000
    Its good to be back.

20. Wildekarrde

Wildekarrde Jedi Youngling

Oct 20, 1998
    Well hello.

I guess this is what happens when you're too busy to pay attention to what's going on around you. Well I'm back, or here for the first time, depends on which point of view you take.

Don't know if there's anyone who remembers me, but it will be fun getting to know all of you and, hopefully, re-acquainting myself with long lost friends.

21. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000
    This is who we are. I'm bringing this to the top for newcomers. Some post more regularly than others. Tell us about yourself.

22. THEREALSHMII

Nov 29, 2000
    Oops, double post. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.