main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Vancouver Well ok... let's try this again: VANCOUVER FF EVENT!!

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by jade_angel, Apr 14, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    The first attempt at an event failed, not enough people showed up, but I'm not gonna give up. I'll pester you Lower Mainland SW fans until we're finally considered a chapter!!!!

And for those who couldn't make it last time but really wanted to, well that's good, I know how life can be like heck so try to show up at the next one :D

Now, let's get down to the organizing, should we try the same place again? This time I'm gonna be more specific:

April 19 (Friday) at 3:00
    Chapters, the Star Wars section (If you don't know where it is, just look for the Sci-fi/Fantasy signs then check the shelves)
    After we all meet up we can go to Star Bucks or something.

I hope this one will work out better than last time! I look forward to meeting you all :)

2. _5_1_5_0_

_5_1_5_0_ Jedi Master star 2

Feb 27, 2001
    Ill see if I can scam away from work early!!! I cant promise anything but Ill do my best... how will we know each other??

3. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    Well... since we're in the Star Wars section of Chapters, why not pick out a SW book and just hold it, then we'll know. I look forward to meeting you :D

4. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Which book ??? =P
    Thats a small section... how many people are you expecting???

5. ImperialDrone1138

ImperialDrone1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    Damnit
    I got my last exam at 3 and then I'm supposed to go celebrate.

6. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    You should still come.... if you were a fan you would :D

Im kidding btw too

7. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    LOL then I guess we should change the date, though I was hoping to catch the Scorpion King after the meeting... hmmm how about Saturday at 1 or 2 or even 3?

8. ImperialDrone1138

ImperialDrone1138 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    5150 LOL! If only it were that simple. ;)
    Well sometime saturday is good for me...but if more people can't make it, then go for friday. Don't let me hold you guys back

9. YoungJediNiagara

YoungJediNiagara RSA Emeritus FF Canada star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 23, 2001
    Remember...what ever is decided, let me know. I'll post the date for you on the FanForce Events board.

10. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    Nah, I don't really care if its Friday, Saturday etc just as long as I can meet you guys :D It's no fair, Imperial Drone got a glimpse of me on Friday but I couldn't even see him!!

And will do YJKN. Also, yeesh do you guys have this on active topic notification? LOL cuz I do and you guys are just filling my inbox.

11. _5_1_5_0_

Feb 27, 2001
    Is this going to happen???
    Jade? Dont you do anything like go to school or work... what ru doing out on a friday @ 3pm?

12. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    Well you see we have early mornings on from Mon-Thurs day at my school so the extra minutes are all bunched together and subtracted from the Friday schedule giving our school a half day so I get off early on Friday, which is just THANK GOD for me. :D

And this is definitely going to happen. And if no one's gonna give a suggestion at the time and date well then, I say Saturday are two like before!

13. Rani Veko

Rani Veko Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 22, 2000
    Good luck on your first event, Vancouver, hope it goes well! Victoria FanForce is rooting for your success!

- Rani

14. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Well, I've got two problems here.

1. I'm in school, and don't get out until 3:00.

2. There's no way in hell I can get down to Vancouver unless I get one of my parents to drive me. And they hate coming down to Vancouver unless really necessary.

15. SethSkywalker

SethSkywalker Jedi Youngling

Apr 16, 2002
    I won't be able to make your meeting time and date but I'm anxious to connect with other Star Wars fans. Kinda desperate actually. Keep me up-to-date of what's going on.

I'm heading to San Franscico on May 3 for a personal tour of ILM and will have a company screening of Ep2 on May 11. My buddy is the Network Security Administrator for ILM.

Cool, eh?

16. eem23

eem23 Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2001
    good luck guys, Los Angeles is rooting for you!

17. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    Thanks for the enthusiam guys and I hope you have fun at San Fransico SethSkywalker. And I wish I could help you out with your problem TIEPilot05999 maybe you can take some local transportation to there?

18. TIEPilot051999

TIEPilot051999 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 27, 2002
    Eh, don't worry about it. I might find a way.

19. jade_angel

Apr 4, 2001
    Well one more day before we all meet again, remember that it's the SW section and don't be shy to ask the people there if you're confused :D I think we should have the meeting around 2:30-3 and like I said before I might catch a movie afterwards so you guys can join me if you want :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.