main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Well? (SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JoeSunrider, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    As I told AJ right after we saw it (the first time).
    There are no words...
    The words to describe this movie and do it justice have not been invented in the English language.

I was so impressed with how Lucas handled the last chapter. LDV is right, it felt more like ANH with the comedy (though not over-the-top) between the Jedi as well as with R2.
    The dialogue never seemed forced, nor the emotions.
    LDV can vouch for me saying "no" nearly in tears right before Anakin kills the younglings.
    The ultimate tear-jerking lines...

"I hate you!"
    "You were my brother, Anakin! I loved you!"

No, I do not think Palpy was Anakin's father. He was a manipulative, evil man, but he did not go that far. He just made sure everything went according to his plan from the Naboo blockade onward (maybe a little before to set it up, but that is never shown).

I saw it twice that night. The first time let me experience the emotions and visuals for the first time. The second time let me focus on the story and the words being said. It's brilliant...bloody brilliant.

2. sithmastersaul

sithmastersaul Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2005
    well i just saw it again empire strikes back was my favorite ,now it is sith start to finish head to toe this is the only way it could have begun well ended ok the circle is now complete.

3. MASTER_JEDI_RN

MASTER_JEDI_RN Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    During the premiere at midnight, I kept getting disappointed when things were left out from the book. I kept feeling the story was moving to fast and, at times, the actors (esp. Hayden Christensen) seemed a tad rushed. [face_frustrated]

Saw it again yesterday. Liked it much better. The 2nd time around I knew what to expect and was able to focus on the movie itself, allowing me to be completely drawn in. Some ticky-tac complaints, but overall, great job. Definitely better than AOTC.

A-

Will see again on Sun with my family. :)

Later,
    MJ

4. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    See you Saturday!

Now you see why I don't read the books before I see the movie (unless the movie is made waaayyy after the books..LOTR, Hitchikers).

Pash, time to borrow ROTS from you!!!! :D

5. ShasaWaterwalker

ShasaWaterwalker Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    If you go by what Shmi said... There was no father....
    I don't think she knocked boots with anyone.
    But Paply said he could change the midi counts... maybe he was around Shmi... and used the force to introduce the mid cholorians into her... or something.

I'm also wondering about... in the books When Luke asks Leia about her real mother she said something about her being sad and being in a trunk...

So that would contradict, the movie, since Padme dies, and the books, which are both Lucas's....

6. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    ok i am hooked someone send me to betty ford i just saw it again i keep looking at the movie . i have to get help for this.revenge of the sith should win a oscar and yes rn it does look like hayden got rushed a little.and there is alot of things we can assume or speculate on i am just glad i got to see the best freakin movie in the glaxy. scareface and godfather are still up there but forget about. i believe without sounding like a member of a cult i believe this movie is going to spark the mind of the next genuis who makes us all love the fantasy he brings to life.
    one thing i would have done tho i would have saved amy allen sorry she is way to fine to be shot down by clones.and on a lighter side i am no longer upset by vader killing a old obi wan in a new hope i mean anakin saved his life 9 times obi wan couldnt have atleast put the fire out i will tell you this pantene isnt going to help is dry scalp

7. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    *gets in the door from seeing Ep III*

Well. This was what I waited for all this time?

This... moooovie?

*blinks and shakes head*

*clenches fist only to rise it a passionate outcry*

Damn you Lucas! Played us like fools with Episodes 1 and 2...

*eyes turn to Sith colors*

...and then a SUCKER PUNCH! A freakin SUCKER PUNCH!

*flips out...calms down some*

I really do think of the prequels, RoTS came closest to the spirit of the original trilogy... the Artoo/Hanger moment, the elevator scene, etc. I also like the bit with Captain Antilles, which I feel helped lend more validity to the droids. As for Alderaan, it looked a hell of alot like Naboo at first glance.

However, I can't help wanting to see IV, V, and VI 'redone' now. Granted, Special Edition was all fine and dandy, but it looks dated now.

Plus, I'm still not completely sold on how prequel tech became original trilogy technology... guess it can't be helped.

More later as I can think of it!

-TJ

P.S. This movie NEEDS to be IMAX'd. NOW.

--EDIT--

Speculation aside, did it occur to anyone that Palpy could have just LIED to Anakin about this midichlorian manipulation thing? I mean, why does it *always* have to be some insidious plot? (no pun intended) Why couldn't he just have straight up lied for once?

And I think Anakin was pretty pathetic killing Dooku... made we want to shout at the screen.

"I know I shouldn't have done it... it was wrong..."

IMHO, that was just bad dialogue and plot movement to scrape up Chris Lee's role. Poorly done. Other then that... bummed out to see such a small Wookie role and no Boba!

From what a friend said he read in TIME, Tarkin was indeed played by the original actor under a TON of make up.

8. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    on the speculation thing maybe palpatine did lie to anakin but did you see how he cared about anakin from the get go plus he even told yoda vader would be more powerful than them both and for a sithlord to say that about his apprentice is rare then lets go to when he finds anakin alive but burned and disabled he got on his knees and rubbed anakins head.... hello the emperor has bedside manners i said from the get he would take a great interest in him.yes i am completely aware palpatine could have been lying doing what he did to everyone including the jedi. here is what i see wrong the jedi dissed anakin everyttime they got a chance but for obi wan to use padme like that and then let anakin burn up after anakin saved his butt i know he killed younglins but obi wan could have done it differently to save his brother or turn him back around but that isnt the story.obi wan even lies to luke about what happened i loved sith but at the end i didnt feel sorry for the jedi i felt sorry for anakin confused and lost he just loved padme

9. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Anakin was snotty.
    Anakin was arrogant.
    Anakin was reckless.
    Anakin was power hungry.
    Anakin was overconfident.
    Anakin loved Palpy's ego boosts.
    Anakin didn't follow the council.
    Anakin didn't listen to anyone else.
    Anakin was too old to begin training.
    Anakin was a wildcard from the beginning.

Need i go on?

Would Anakin have made a great Jedi Knight? Yes. Was their any other destiny for him though with the way the movies went along? No, not really. In the beginning as a child, he had nothing. But as a Jedi, he was 'the chosen one' and in his power thought he deserved and was everything. It's sad but true, he got what he deserved. Not once have I ever admired Anakin in the prequels. He was a whiney, love sick little brat in AoTC. In RoTS he was a whiney, arrogant little punk who killed alot of good people. (Doesn't mean I didn't enjoy the movie though!)

Luke, I respect.
    Anakin, I pity.
    Vader, I fear. But for different reasons entirely since the prequels came out.

-TJ

10. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    tj i respect that bro completely.and everything you said is true. anakin was a crybaby but the jedi arent perfect and he did kill alot of good people but because of obi wan anakin's mom died he wasnt allowed to get her then he did it with padme the point is anakin is a crybaby but they didnt like him to begin with which is the storyline.i loved the movie but to go out and hunt someone down obi wan is no better than the sith he even used padme to do it and when anakin was getting pissed obi wan didnt say i hide on board she didnt know.obi wan in return of the jedi said what he told luke was true from a cetain point of view well if that is true then anakin saying the jedi are evil in his view is the truth.way of subject forgive me.i am going to see it again tomorrow great movie and i think this is what real fans do the discuss things that are left for speculation and opinion.and another point about palpatine telling the story of the sith that was so powerful he could use the force to creat life. maybe he was lying but after anakin cut off maces hand he tells anakin only one hs ever had the power but together i think we can do it. and i will not bring up this again we should move on to a different subject like why didnt we get to see more of tarkin and why is vader taking orders from him in a new hope

11. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    Palpatine didn't care about Anakin; he manipulated him into his puppet. It's very clear the only one Palpatine ever cared about was himself. Anakin would have made the strongest apprentice, and he would have been the easiest to keep in line. Anakin was a tool to Palpatine.

12. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    TJ - did you see the same movie I did?

EVERYONE wanted something from Anakin. Palpy, The Council (using him to spy on Palpy), even Padme (in the form of asking Palpy to end the war, when a request like that should be made in the Senate.) Anakin was a torn soul in this one. He wanted the respect of the council so much but never got it. Even though he was a hero in several battles of the Clone War. Remember what Yoda said about several of the Jedi in AOTC. Traits of arrogancy were being found in lot's of Jedi, not just Anakin or Obi-Wan. I believe he may have been referring to Mace as well as others. I believe the Jedi Council itself was arrogant as well. They kept say "we will decide this, we will decide that." Very arrogant. I believe Anakin was nothing more than a pawn in this being yanked from all directions. The only core matter of Anakins was to keep his wife alive.

13. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    i completely agree lord vader. he just wanted to save his wife and did what he thought would save her.but palpy did care about anakin cause lets face it if he didnt he would have left him to die and if he didnt care about anakin why would he tell yoda anakin would be stronget than them both. it was a powerful movie full of unresolved things for speculation and people can form different things from seeing the same film. anakin brcame vader and then he would save luke and kill the emperor like the prophecy said he would do.but the jedi council is self serving and like ldv said they used anakin also so why wouldnt he see them as evil i mean look what he did when he found out paly was the sithlord he was going to kill him then he went and did the right thing and told mace then mace decided he was going to kill him without permission from the senate he was going to murder palpatine. at the end it happened the way it should have. i still feel sorry for anakin even after he got the vader suit on his first question was where is padme is she ok. he loved his wife and his guilt kept him evil along with obi wan leaving him to die after anakin saved obi wans life.

14. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    Palpatine didn't leave Anakin to die because if he did, the strongest apprentice he would ever have would be gone. Palpatine cared nothing for Anakin beyond the power he was capable of. When a more powerful person came along, Palpatine threw away his current apprentice in favor of a new one. He did it with Anakin and Dooku, and he tried it again with Luke and Vader.

15. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    joe that is a great point i just thought it was a very emotion driven movie an a great one at that.but obi wan and mace were wrong in what they did anakin was being manipulated by everyone and during the other to prequels as well he was a cry baby butnobody was being there for him saying good job i am proud of you but who ..palpatine i am gonna go see it again tonight. i kinda think maybe and dont shoot me but i think if lucas wanted to remake the original trilogy to match the prequels maybe it wouldnt be to bad of a idea.
    "force runs to ship and takes off before i get killed"

16. Bith_Lord

Bith_Lord Jedi Padawan star 4

May 5, 2005
    I thought Mace WAS being kind of a dorkski when he told Anakin he'd gain his trust if Palps did turn out to be a Sith Lord.

I mean hadn't Anakin proven himself quite a few times. Didn't Mace watch the Clone Wars ? :)

Mace also sounds so ridiculous when Anakin tells him the news as he replys, "A SITH LORD???" No doof, a Sith Golf Pro!

17. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    "A Sith Golf Pro!"

Darth Palmer!

18. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Joe- Totally agree with you on Palpy!

LDV- Same movie, different opinions. Anakin crying about not getting the title of Master. WTF? It's an honor to be ON the council, like Obi Wan said. As for the council being arrogant... I think that while it may seem that way to some, they were following ancient traditions. The council ruled the Jedi Order.... Certain point of view, remember?

Saul- Obi Wan is definitely not up there with the Sith, IMHO. Obi Wan did not want to fight Anakin. He did it because it *had* to be done. Obi Wan, before he left Coruscant, praised Anakin. Repeatedly. A Jedi should not seek praise. He should follow the will of the force. While the following is actually speaking about Zen philosophy, I think it applies here as well:

No man can be fully effective in his pursuit of advanced levels of "being" if he expects praise or appreciation for what he does. The uncertainty of this reward, as experienced, leads to modification of one's actions to increase its probability . . . If a man permits himself the purpose of securing admiration, he tends to make that purpose primary and the doing of his proper pursuit secondary.

And consider this: Anakin betrayed Obi Wan. He turned away everything he and Obi Wan held dear for the anathema of the Jedi code... he wanted power. Obi Wan did not lie. The good part of Anakin was destroyed by the lost, scared little boy who became a twisted monstrosity.

For another example. Group of people have guns. One of their number is trained how to use a gun, respect it, etc. Instead of following his training and using it for self defense, he goes on a killing spree and shoots up a school. His teacher/best friend knows he can't let this person run around abusing his 'powers/weapon', so he 'kills' him because its either that or more people die. Does that make the mentor 'evil' like other people who use guns to hurt others ?

TJ

19. JoeSunrider

Jul 6, 2002
    TJ, your thoughts are spot on. I'm not as hard on Anakin as you are, but he made his own decisions. He didn't learn to quiet his emotions as a child, and as a result he became greedy.

20. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
    TJ - if the Council were not so arrogant, they may have seen the Sith Lord right under their very noses. That's very arrogant and pretty stupid ... from a certain point of view ;)

21. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    i just got back from seeing it again, and i must say it gets better every time.

and i get to see it again tomorow at 3:00

22. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Joe- Thanks for the support! ^^v I know I'm hard on Anakin, but thats because too many others go easy on him! (Snickers and motions towards SMS =P)

LDV- LOL... tru dat!

Anyone else think Palpy might have been using some sort of mass force persuasion in his addresses to the senate? I mean, *if* palpy was the apprentice of the midichlorian controling sith lord, it's safe to assume he could mask himself from the senses of the Jedi council... letting him use force persuasion on the entire sentate, which has always gone NUTS when he makes new proposals.

Just a thought.

-TJ

23. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    i think ok i know we all love star wars so we all will take from the movies different opinions.fact mace was breaking the rules when he was gonna kill palpy plus if obi wan was so noble why did he use padme then not tell anakin she didnt know. the whole story is anakin wanted to save padme and in the end he couldnt take not being respected anymore and lost it. none of the jedi respected him they treated him like a bastard step son. obi wan cared about anakin so much he told padme he was sorry anakin is the father of her baby.remember how luke talked to vader in return of the jedi he needed his father and i believe that is why anakin turned on the emperor. i have seen sith 8 times and it is very emotional anakin was lost he didnt know what else to do listen to what he says and i believe when he was crying after he killed the trade federation guys and the other people he understood there was no going back but he had to save padme

24. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    *nods and shrugs*

I've seen it once to your eight, so maybe you're seeing something I'm not. I still think Ani's a puss tho! ;-p

-TJ

25. TionneHawk

Apr 28, 2002
    *sidesteps the large, and very involved debate*

From the voice of Gen. Grievous, Matt Stone:
    Shaak Ti was killed by Grievous (possibly on DVD?)
    ROTS on IMAX has not been decided yet
    Favorite scene from ROTS: on Mustafar when the lava comes up and hits the cables on the bridge, that whole scene (just think about the sounds they used...pretty cool!)

BTW: Matt Stone is an awesome guy, got to meet/hang out with him a bit at the Stage 9 event while he signed autographs. Got to hear him do the Grievous voice using his special equipment/comp program he created.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.