main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Well? (SPOILERS!)

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JoeSunrider, May 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    Yeah, Shaak Ti died in the Clone Wars cartoon, I believe. Her and Sha'a Gi were the only two killed, because Ki-Adi Mundi and Aayla Secura and someone else I think got away.

2. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Ahhh...I haven't seen the Clone Wars cartoon...but I thought someone had asked that question somewhere.

Thanks Joe!

3. sithmastersaul

sithmastersaul Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 26, 2005
    i am seeing the movie from my point of view and it could be different than your doesnt mean i am wrong or right just means i am seeing it different .but like LDV said nobody on that council wanted anakin there and they made him feel like a outsider. and the proof is when anakin told mace that palpatine was the sith lord and mace said if it is true you will have earned my respect. hello anakin is a hero of the clone wars and has saved obi wan many times plus he killed dooku something mace didnt do.i am not saying killing younglins was right but the emperor said once the jedi have learned what has happened they would kill the senate and them and even obi wan saying i have failed you anakin and then lying to luke saying vader killed anakin made him a lair if obi wan thinks he is right and what he did was just why not tell luke the truth your dad turned into vader and killed the jedi then he attacked your mom cause i hide on her ship so i could kill him then after i chopped his arm and legs off i let him burn. by the way he saved my life 9 times but i had no choice. then i went into hiding and watched over you.... but this is just my opinion or my point of view

4. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    I believe Mace tells Anakin that if Palpy is the Sith then Anakin will have on Mace's trust... not his respect.

5. Master_Jedi_Cecil

Master_Jedi_Cecil Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    i loved it...i mean what more can you say. ever since i left the theater after seeing AOTC, i said to myself, GL has a lot of work to do to tie this all up. not only did he tie it all up but he made the whole saga more interesting. i think we will all see vader in a different light now...

it was just very well done and it certainly met my expectations

i saw the midnight showing at the Fremont theater in San Luis Obispo. it was cool, boba fett and darth vader were there and it was just a great experience. haha and i only had to wait 7 hours in line! hehe

6. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    it was trust i dont know why i wrote respect hmmm maybe i have a short somewhere.

7. Deadpool

Deadpool Jedi Youngling star 4

Mar 22, 2002
    good conversation...many views. nice.

to add my .0005 cents to this: (sorry this is long, but hey I got a lot of Star Wars baggage after 28 years, plus the systems at work are down and I?m bored)

Palpy did not knock boots with Shmi. I doubt he'd even need to be anywhere near her to "force" the midiclorins (sp?) to create life.

But?notice how he tells the story. THEN once Anakin commits himself to the dark path Palpy switches it up on him and says something to the effect of ?I?m sure together we can learn the powers to save Padme? almost like Dark Helmets ?Fool you!?

Mind you Sidious would not have allowed Padme to live and distract Anakin. And if what Old Ben said about the Emp fearing the offspring of Anakin is true he?d want her dead.

Anakin was pulled into a Faustian web of lies , promises and mistrust. He never had a chance.

Anakin was born a slave, the Hero that pulled him out of this life dies shortly after.

Later He has visions of his mother dying But due to Jedi rules and duties could not go save her, once he does He arrives just before She dies. (ouch) ***Keep in mind?.if you really really really think about it?.could Sidious plotted this and have kept her alive till Anakin arrived? How deep does the Sith Rabbit Hole Go? It would serve as a nice test of your next apprentice and I would think He?d keep close tabs on Anakin and test him at every turn.

In desperate need for a connection he breaks the Jedi path and marries Padme?.can?t fault him on that...heck living the life of a Jedi monk he could have married Jar jar and I?ve have understood. Hormones and Force Powers?..probably don?t mix well.

Anyway after two years of war Anakin has proven himself to be a Hero yet as it?s always been the council doesn?t trust him and keeps this kid at arms length, then have the nerve to ask him to spy on the one person who has been confident in him all along (Palpy).

Seriously poor kid gets back from collecting Dooku?s head (goes nicely next to the Tuskin raider heads mounted on the wall) he comes back and everyone wants a piece of him, even Padme who asks he request Palpy return to the negotiation table.

The only person who seems to reach out is Paply so when the visions begin and it?s this same person who offers a way to save Padme?.hell the choice is pretty simple. Screw the Jedi, bunch of dogmatic short sighted monks who couldn?t even see how this Sith Lord was the most well known dude in the galaxy?how much do they suck?

As for killing kids?.well Imagine it like this 98% of what Anakin has seen in Palpy is the good he?s done for the Republic?forget you know he?s evil for a moment.

Imagine this: It?s like you?re a cop. Your grandfatherly neighbor who you?ve known all your life and has been great to you is the Mayor Mccheese.

Now imagine the guys on the force (heh heh) wont recognize your skills and train you for the SWAT team. Then have the nerve to tell you that they need you to spy on the Mayor McCheese.

At the same time your having bad dreams about your pregnant wife dying the PD cancels the health plan.

The Mayor offers you new health coverage under his office if you join him. But first?.he needs you to stop the Police chief from trying to take over the town. This is your old pal the Mayor?.he couldn?t really be evil?.he?s such a sweet and lovable old dude. so the darkside must just be over hyped or misunderstood?it?s not a bad thing is it?

It?s not hard to be convinced that the PD must go down, and to make sure you don?t leave an enemy at your back your take out their kids too.

Not that I?m saying it?s right, but I can understand the choice in the realm of Star Wars Jedi /Samurai/Shaolin Warriors Lucas created.

On another note.

I was telling LDV about this, it?s like Lucas used Audie Murphyas a template for some Anakin?s background (yeah I know most of it is from mythology but still) . Audie was born into a poor farming family. Goes on to become a war hero, movie star, businessman?..but he suffered and went through some tough

8. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    *Weasel gives Deadpool mad 'spect knuckles*

-TJ

9. Lord_Darth_Vader

Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 13, 2001
  10. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    Hey luckey me. I get to see it for a third time tomorrow.

11. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    eeexcellent!

12. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    The groups fame can only grow from here....ok not really it could all fall apart any second and we'll hit rock bottom Tyler Durden style...crud what was my point?

Anywho...

Nice to see the Rogues thriving. EpIII could have easliy been the herald of the groups end. But I'm seeing faces old and new planning out costumes, helping to plan or attend events/meetings.

it's nice feeling.

13. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    True Dead ... and we have a few more reaching out to the web site via the flyers handed out. ;)

Almost everything is right in the Force. The only thing that's not is my fricken car

14. Deadpool

Mar 22, 2002
    Now that Rogue 1 is stranded on the distant moon of Yuba Rogue 2's take over of the group will be complete.

See I let Devin "think" he was taking over the group, while I ruled from the shadows. Then when the time is right I pop out of the darkness like Pee Wee Herman at the movie theater.

POW!

Oh snap....I was Monologing again!! This happens every TIME!! Last time James Bond blew up my secret volcano lair...I gotta learn to use my inner monolgue.

15. bolantej

bolantej Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    there we go with the Pee-Wee remarks again... ;)

16. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    don't you know bolantej, that's Deads nickname given to him by an old flame of his. ;)

17. bolantej

bolantej Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    Hmmm....I'll leave it at that. :D

18. outrider462004

outrider462004 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 31, 2004
    Ah. ROTS was worth seeing again. I'm going to try to convince my dad to take me again tomorrow.

19. qui-gundi_15

qui-gundi_15 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    i've only seen it 6 times soo i need to try and beat devins record for ANH.

20. JoeSunrider

JoeSunrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 6, 2002
    I just saw it for the second time tonight... I'm way behind you guys. :p

21. bolantej

bolantej Jedi Youngling

May 15, 2005
    yeah, well, i'm still down to just the premier. :( gonna try to go see it on friday, if i don't have to work.

22. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    heck when I get my bootleg ... you all will be way behind me ;)

23. sithmastersaul

Feb 26, 2005
    LDV, you would take something so pure like star wars and buy a copy of it, i wonder lord vader what the emperor would thnk of such a thing.lol just kidding be careful were you get it from i heard they are cracking down and they actually closed a few sites that had it for downloading.

24. MASTER_JEDI_RN

MASTER_JEDI_RN Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 6, 2005
    The more I see it, the more I like it. 3rd time last Sun.

MJ

25. Lord_Darth_Vader

Jul 13, 2001
    SMS - I know where to get the best stuff. ;) I had ANH, ESB, ROTJ SE on DVD before it came out. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.