main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Buff, NY Well that was fun

Discussion in 'Buffalo, NY' started by Sgt_JB, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sgt_JB

Sgt_JB Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 2, 2009
    That was a good time!! Thanks for inviting me, Lynn and I had an awesome time. Can't wait to meet again!

2. StoyBoy720

StoyBoy720 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    It was great meeting you in person Eric!

3. JediKnightLisa

JediKnightLisa Jedi Master star 4

Oct 12, 2002
    Great meeting you Eric! Cannot wait to start dueling with you! :cool: I'm glad you did enjoy the Bison's game; it is always nice to have feedback. :)

4. Sgt_JB

Jul 2, 2009
    My family and I had a blast at the game, that's what got me off my duff, and wanting to join. I'm looking forward to getting together for some sword work, I've got armor on the way, should be here within the week, after I have that built, I'll have some freetime to start practicing. BTW, I have a 12 year old, so if we work out where we're going to practice your daughter and Tayler could hang out!!

5. JediKnightLisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Cool. LMK when you are available to start practicing. We can go as soon as this coming weekend... Saturday is now out for me, but Sunday's looking good. My daughter also duels, she was Ahsoka at the game. But when she is not practicing, I'm sure she will love to have someone to hang with. :)

6. WookieeJedi

WookieeJedi Merchandise Coordinator/North Ridge Diplomat star 4

Jun 15, 2009
    I am also very interested in doing some dueling although with my plo koon costume I will have to learn to duel with 3 fingers gloves on. LOL

Also was thinking of taking one of those fencing classes to possibly improve dueling skills and also to stay in shape what are you thoughts on that.

7. Sgt_JB

Jul 2, 2009
    I think that Martial Arts are a great way to keep in shape. I took about 10 years of Karate, and other martial arts growing up, and durring my Military Career. Excellent way to stay fit, I'm actually looking forward to doing some more 'active' things, like dueling.

8. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    sounds good to me, looking forward to it, and again pleasure to meet you the other day Sgt

9. Sgt_JB

Jul 2, 2009
    you too!! looking forward to the future on the Ridge!!

10. JediKnightLisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Woo-Hoo! This is great to have such interest in the dueling. :D Next Bisons game is going to ROCK!
    Fencing is a great place to start. That is my background. It sharpens your hand-eye coordination and speed and helps "flesh" out sword combat/how to move. I LOVED fencing, but then my darn knee was an issue with the lunges. :( Bryan just started taking fencing with one of my old instructers. Also took Tae Kwon Do for a few years for a different perspective, that was awesome too, until, once again, that darn knee. :(

Any martial art is a great experience, great excersize and will definitely help with the dueling. Enjoy!

Keep an eye out for info on the next saber session, I'll post a thread soon! Can't wait to get this rolling with the noobs!

11. JediXXL

JediXXL Force Ghost star 6

Apr 11, 2003
    You have me down for this Lumpy?

12. BobaChris12

BobaChris12 Former RSA star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 30, 2002
    That was fun! I think this is what we were aiming to get back to doing more.

13. Sgt_JB

Jul 2, 2009
    I know it may be a bit far for some of you, but how about Chestnut Ridge for a get together?

14. WookieeJedi

Jun 15, 2009
    That is fine with me

15. Sgt_JB

Jul 2, 2009
    I just figured we could do a get together there, do some dueling, and what not, drink some of those cold beverages..... good times all around.

16. JediKnightLisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I'll start a new NRJA (North Ridge Jedi Academy) / dueling session thread. :) Let's get some dates down...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.