main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Well, THAT was weird.

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by Sithman, Jan 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Abhors Elder

Abhors Elder Guest

Hey Drac, that is SO cool that you saw a batmobile from BR! When I was little I used to want that SOOOO bad, and I asked for it for Christmas. My mom ended up buying "Bruce Whaynes Custom Coop" for me instead. I never saw the Batmobile again. It failed in comparison to the Batmobile. I'm pretty much out of Batman now, but I might look for some of the BR stuff on Ebay now for nostalga...

-saber holder

2. Goo_Child

Goo_Child Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    A local dollar store(yeah right) has about 2 rows of pegs filled with TPM. But they are all $7+!

3. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    Yeah I was pretty shocked too

4. darcphoenyx

darcphoenyx Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2001
    Since Sithman directed me over here I thought I'd share this one originally posted in the "New Acquisitions" thread...

I made the most unusual find at Wal-Mart last night...a POTF2 Ronto and Jawa from back in '97 when the OT:SE's were in the theatres. A 6 year old toy at a Wal-Mart that hasn't been opened more than 6 months.

It was sitting on the shelf between a Saga Slave 1 & Trash Compactor sets...when taken to the register it didn't ring up, but they ultimately found a $14.90 price somewhere. More than I'd usually pay, but worth it for the unusual circumstances of the find.

5. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    Hmmm... My Toys'r'us seems to have an over abundant supply of the last few deluxe figures from POTJ... Nothing older than that though... :(

6. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    well, I just went into a cheapy store over here. And geuss what I found, a POTF Kenner Detention Block and Death Star escape play sets. The packaging was kinda crappy, but they were only a £5, so I picked them up

7. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    POTF???? [face_shocked]

Or do you mean POTF2? Because if it was POTF, then that was more than 15 years ago! [face_shocked]

8. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    yeah, I mean POTF2, I don't think there was ever a POTF Detention block

9. Legolas_Greenleaf_

Legolas_Greenleaf_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 10, 2002
    The oldest figures my stores have are late POTJ. (Duros, Bespin Guard, Jar Jar Tatooine....) That's at KB.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.