main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*** Welsh Posters Please Sign In!! ***

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Yoshee, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Hi Guys.

I would like to know exactly how many of you there actualy are that post here.

Just sign in by posting 'Here'.

Cheers

Yoshee

2. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Wibble.

3. Fall-on-Jin

Fall-on-Jin Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
  4. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    Only needed the one of you Welshguy! :p

Don't worry, this has nothing to do with the deletion threads I've posted elsewhere.

I'm just curious to see how many of you there are here.

Other things I want to know are...

Do you meet up at all?

Do you want to elect a City Rep?

Do you want a Banner of your own and a change of colour scheme?

I ask this, as in all the time I have been here, this board has not had it's own identity or a City rep. I feel it's been neglected basically.

:)

5. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Sorry about the mutiply posts. If it makes you feel any better I gave the other 3 Welshguy's a stern ticking off!

Our own colour scheme and city rep? Hmm, sounds interesting. People have talked about it in the past, but it has usually come to nothing. It would almost be like getting a "country of our own" (sorry, wrong celtic nation).

But who would lead us? Someone must be selected? Someone who has shown commitment and dedication to the Welsh board down the years. Someone with the gumption and elbow grease to get things done, possibly someone who has already been crowned king?

But who??????

6. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    In answer to some of your questions:-

Yes, we have meet up in the past. It was in dicussion of a proposed fan-film. Sadly the fan-film was slightly over amitious and has been put to one side for the time being.

We have talked about and tried to meet up quite a few times before, but it has never panned out. But i'm sure when things start picking up again come "Revenge of the Sith", we will most certainly have quite a few meet-ups.

I'm not much of a computer artist i'm afraid, so the banner design will have to be someone elses job. Though I would be happy to make some suggestions. Maybe we could incorperate the Welsh Dragon in there, along with the Millenium Falocn (built in Barry, South Wales you know), with a general theme of combat/fights, such as the shiloute of Luke/Vader in Empire and Yoda going postal on Dooku.

Just some ideas, but what do you think?

7. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    Tis cool, I can make you guys a banner, using the sort of images you mentioned. :)

I agree with you, that as we get nearer to Ep3, this board, and indeed most of the others will start to see alot more traffic. Hopefully anyway.

As for the City Rep, yes, that roll has to be voted for. But obviously, if there is only 2 people here at the moment, it probably isn't worth it. :p

In the mean time, maybe you could think of ways to try and get more of your countrymen to post here? :)

I know there's more than 2 of you on the JC! :p

8. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    There are more than two of us, honestly! You know what its like though, sometimes people just kind of disapear for a month or two. I've done it myself, its nothing against this site, its just that stuff like real life gets in the way or your computer gets overtaken by your evil younger sister or you become insane and start flirting with Star Trek.

Fall-on-Jin, i'm looking in your direction!!!!!

May I suggest that a city rep be elected anyway? It think it would be prudent to select a establish poster (though be it from a small list) before all of the hype of ep 3 draws every extreme left wing, anti American 14 year old boy to this site who would win the "election" due to the fact that he has his co-horts vote for him.

Just an idea, but I hope you can see where i'm coming from.

By the way - board deletion! The list looks so small now :(

But Wales is still here, which I am very, very grateful about.

9. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    May I suggest that a city rep be elected anyway? It think it would be prudent to select a establish poster (though be it from a small list) before all of the hype of ep 3 draws every extreme left wing, anti American 14 year old boy to this site who would win the "election" due to the fact that he has his co-horts vote for him.

Hmmm I see where your coming from. You will need 1 more Welsh poster (making 3 of you), then you can discuss among yourselves who should get the position. :)

And yes, real life does get in the way sometimes...but there is NO excuse for Star Trek getting in the way!! :eek: :p

As for the deletions, those boards have just been hidden (not deleted) until they get thier act together properly. ;) And anyway, sometimes downsizing can work to an advantage.

Luckily for Wales and Scotland, they aren't chapters as such! ;)

10. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Yoshee: Phew, thats a relief. Though i'm sure there are some people out there that would consider Wales to be more of a footnote, rather than a chapter ;)

I'm going to try my best to drum up some interest in this board, so get ready of a typhoon of new posters!

Well, maybe a drizzle.

In respect to the City Rep elections.. Is it too early to start thinking up campaign slogans? Its just that i've been watching the Republican party conference on TV and its really starting to have an effect on me.

Mental note. Will need to hire a conference hall, team of script writers, policy advisers and skeleton in closet removal team, as well as get a hair cut and acquire the nominal, token wife.

Ok, here are some of my campaign slogans! (these are just the a test by the way).

1. Vote Welshguy, a Welsh man for the Welsh board.

2. Lets bring Wales back.

3. Vote Welshguy, he would vote for you!

4. Vote Welshguy. Not just the sensible option, but the only option.

God, I just hope the tabloids don't find out about the incident with the jam, rubber gloves, internet camera and Charlotte Church!

11. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    Welshguy, sometimes i worry....

lol

I post here, but as of late, i've had real-life issues to take care of. Hopefully, with my computer fixed, and a bit more free time, I'll be able to post here more often. Like you guys said, interest will develop over the next year, since episode 3 is finally looking slightly closer, especially with the title released.

If i had to elect anyone as the City rep, (besides myself :p) I'd Reccomend Welshguy, since he seems to be the Don of this board more or less.

Oh yea, here are some of the memebers that don't post often, but are still part of the welsh community (in no paticular order):

Tantiv
    TerryCooper
    Terra
    Havet_storm
    DARTHMARENGHI
    Master_qel_dorma
    Sithlord-Mixo

12. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    God, I just hope the tabloids don't find out about the incident with the jam, rubber gloves, internet camera and Charlotte Church!

I think they're going to now you've just told everyone here! [face_mischief] :p

Liking the slogans too, but I don't think your going to need to campaign lol :p

FOJ- Thanks for that list, but I notice Sithlord-Mixo is on it. I know he posts here sometimes, but he lives in Australia. I'm really only interested in the people who actually live in Wales, at the moment.

He and any other overseas posters here would be classed as adoptees really, not actual members. We have the same thing on the London board. :D

Anyway, I think if both of you put the word out a bit about the forum, we should see a bit more life here.

As for the CR position, I will need just one more nomination for Welshguy, from someone who lives in Wales, then he can have the job. :)

13. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    *nudges* Yea ODJ... whats that you said? you'd vote for welshguy? i thought you would.

Crackin'!

14. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I sent ODJ an email, but he's on holidays and he can't log on to theforce.net until Thursday.

But he certainly seemed positive towards my election :)

By the way, i'm in talks with Busted to make a campaign song. I'm thinking something along the lines of a re-working of their classic "Why I crahsed the wedding" to "Why I crashed theforce.net".

15. Master_Qel_Droma

Master_Qel_Droma Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2001
    Here and ill vote for welshguy to become the CR

16. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    awesome man :D

You heard him Yoshee :D

17. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    Fantastic! Ok, I'll get that sorted out asap folks!! :)

18. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I've been elected! WOW! I would like to thank everyone who made this possible, namely Fall-on-Jin and Master_Quel_Droma. I would also like to give a special shout out to Yoshee for getting to ball rolling and giving me a reason to regain my sanity.

I'm getting rather emotional to be honest... Its all so much.

Just one, thing. I've been waiting years to say this.

[face_devil]

I love democracy... I love theforce.net.
    The power you give me I will lay down when this crisis has abated, I promise you. And as my
    first act with this new authority, I will create a grand
    army of the Welsh board to counter the increasing threats of
    the Star Trek separatists.

19. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
  20. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    So Yoshee, whats the plan of action now? I got your message regarding change of status, but I was just after some info on what my duties will be etc.

Is it too early to bring up the issue of holiday pay? :)

21. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    I'll pm you the answer to that. ;)

22. Master_Qel_Droma

Master_Qel_Droma Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2001
    Congratulations Welshguy, =D=

now dont forget us little people who made it all possible!! We made you, we can soon bring it all crumbling down!!!! ;)

23. Yoshee

Aug 3, 2002
    Very true lol [face_mischief] :p

24. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Such is the beauty of democracy! Don't worry, I will treat everyone that visits this board with the upmost respect.

Now i'm a chapter rep, I kind of feel guilty having posted all those slightly insane posts. Though I suppose my sense of humor was the only thing that was keeping me sane during those cold, dark months.

25. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    I sent ODJ an email, but he's on holidays and he can't log on to theforce.net until Thursday.

But he certainly seemed positive towards my election

By the way, i'm in talks with Busted to make a campaign song. I'm thinking something along the lines of a re-working of their classic "Why I crahsed the wedding" to "Why I crashed theforce.net".

Mu ha ha ha (has found 2MBps internet cafe) um yea go welsh guy! *is a bit late*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.