main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

*** Welsh Posters Please Sign In!! ***

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Yoshee, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ramble_Boba

Ramble_Boba Jedi Master star 5

May 13, 2002
    I welcome the new posters to this great, and peaceful, corner of the the forums.

2. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    Sakara welcome. :D hubba hubba

3. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Stuey: I'm just trying to keep the momentum going. :( This is the most posters I think we've ever had on the Welsh forum. I try and end all my posts with a question, so that it will encourage the other posters to come back and reply. If only you knew the power of being a CR!! By the way, my MOD powers should be coming online soon, so you can all watch out!

Especially you Stuey! [face_devil]

Sakara: Wow, a female SW fan who embraces the darker side of the force. I like ;) So what kind of costumes have you worked on in the past? I have an Anakin Ep2 costume myself, it was a Rubies originally, but I have made so many alterations I may as well call it a Welshguyies.... Sorry.

I have also made a number of robes, including my Anakin one. Though he did change it for ep3, which I was a bit upset about. Hey, you spend 2 weeks hunched over a hot sowing machine and then find out that they went "in a different direction", it isn't nice. ;)

I'm trying to think of less obvious female SW costumes that would be cool to make. I'm trying as hard as I can to stay away from the whole "Princess Leia gold bikini" thing by the way. Padme always had some interesting clothes, though not very exciting. Leia is to obvious. What about someone like Zam?

4. Sakara

Sakara Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2005
    Well welshguy
    Up until now ive not made any Sw costumes for myself, but i have made two jedi costumes for friends, one was a ep2 Anakin and the other was a dark jedi for a friend who works in a cinema and showed people to their seats with her light sabre!!

im working on a Aayla Secura costume, a Sheltay Retrac ( Bail organnas aide)costume and an original certain female dark jedi that goes by the name Sakara Pertori..Sort of Anakin with a female Assaj twist!
    Im also going to make a Queen Apailanna for a friend too....lots of work there!

5. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    Slave Girl leia...is so not me..

6. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    :) hi from Mixo all. That Cantina holda a great party!

7. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    So is making costumes something that reflects your career or is it just a fun hobby for you? I've also made a Reloaded Neo costume in the past. It turned out pretty good actually. It seems I have something of an aptitude for this type of thing. I later found out that my great grandfather was a tailor, so hey, maybe it runs in your genes.

With Halloween not to far away I suppose I got to start thinking of what to wear for that? I've got quite a few options. I have an Indiana Jones costume from last year that I never got to wear, but with ep3 out this year, could I really pass up the chance not to go as Anakin again?

Maybe we should have some kind of Wales Fanforce Halloween party this year?

Hmmm, that sounds like a really good idea. I'm sure lots of people would be interested, I have 2 friends that would love to go to something like that, as do you by the sound of it. Plus there are plenty of other posters and their friends that would probably be interested.

Imagine the costumes though? Wow, that would rock.

8. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    Its a vocation now,although i have made a little bit of money out of commissions, but i would love to be involved in the film/ tv industry in that aspect.

Ive made loads of other costumes from Catwoman to Persephone from matrix reloaded to Selene from Underworld...

A halloween party would be great. Be nice to have a party where the dressing up is part of it.

9. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Hmmmmmmm Persephone. =P~

Was it the red one from Revolutions or the white one from Reloaded? Either way, just thinking about them makes me all warm and happy. :)

Have you taken any pics of the costumes you've made? If so, is it possible to post them up here as from one costumer to another, I would love to see some of your work.

Mine are ok, although they wouldn't really pass a closer inspection, but in passing they look pretty good.

I'm going to have to think about updating my ep2 costume for an ep3 if I am going to go to this Sigotopia thing. Guess all I really need is a black glove and longer hair. ;)

Also have to sort my robe out also, which is a shame as I really like the ep2 robe, it has no arms so it gives much more movement and freedom.

10. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    Yeah sure this is my collection so far...
    http://photobucket.com/albums/v30/sakara75/costumes/

and as you'll see it was the cream dress from Reloaded!!Although it needed to be taken in as it wasnt tight enough lol!! i dont know how to work in latex yet so it was made from pvc instead.

To update the Anakin costume, it needs to be darker, which is easy enough to do with fabric dye and leather dye paint...but that about it apart from what you said...i like the proper jedi robe...it just adds menace to Anakin when he all 'hoodied!!'

11. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    very nice work!!!

12. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    thanks!!

13. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    seriously nice work. I wish you were over here for my film crew lol

14. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    You silver tongued devil Mixo. ;)

Wow, those are some pretty amazing costumes! I particularly took a shine to those red devil in the dungon pics, I don't know why.........

Though I feel you could seriosuly damage your credability by posting pictures of a costume from Batman and Robin. ;)

That has to been one of the worst movies I have ever seen, right up there with The Owl. God that was awful.

But even though its a crappy film, the costume still rocks! I loved the Persephone pics. Those are probably my faves. You have the same kind of look and appearance which just adds so much more to the costume. There are so many great costumes there, you really have major ability with this type of thing. I can't wait to see your Dark Jedi outfit. Can you give us a clue as to what it will look like?

P.S. How did you get to play in the Batmobile???? That's not fair!

By the way, i'm interested in having a pair of Jedi boots made. Is that the sort of thing that you could do? I know that isn't exactly the type of thing that you have done in the past, but seeing as you take commissions, I thought I would ask.

15. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005

"Wow, those are some pretty amazing costumes! I particularly took a shine to those red devil in the dungon pics, I don't know why........."

Ah that would be Pergatori rom Chaos Comics..she tends to have that effect!!lol

"Though I feel you could seriosuly damage your credability by posting pictures of a costume
    But even though its a crappy film, the costume still rocks!"

yeah the film sucked...but i liked Poison Ivy's costume...and since id done Catwoman the year before i felt i needed to continue the theme lol!!

"I can't wait to see your Dark Jedi outfit. Can you give us a clue as to what it will look like?"

well this is the design i have in my head -
    1 - Sort of like a normal jedi, but the tabards in leather below the belt come together to form a sort of slit skirt at the front and back.there are tight trousers/leggings. Also the obi is a underbust pvc and leather corset(play on Darth Vaders armour), to create a very sleak sillouette.There is only one undershirt and it is low cut.the headdress/hair is black and white dreadlocks held back with a matt black band.there is simple black face makeup...think the crow type effects around the eyes but more stylised.Knee boots and traditional jeid robe..but in black of course!

"P.S. How did you get to play in the Batmobile???? That's not fair!"

At Collectormania 6 (i think) they had a load of film vehicles, including the Batmobile and they were allowing people to have photos taken with them.

"By the way, i'm interested in having a pair of Jedi boots made. Is that the sort of thing that you could do? I know that isn't exactly the type of thing that you have done in the past, but seeing as you take commissions, I thought I would ask."

Well i dont make boots, but i could customise a pair that you provide. Id think riding boots would be perfect..then i could add the jedi detailling..depending on which style you were after.

16. sheep21

sheep21 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 27, 2004
    Sheep21 here.

(I live in London BUT was born in Canton Cardiff and from my back window could see the arms park/millenium stadium)

17. SithLord-Mixo

Apr 21, 2002
    Welcome brother

18. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Welcome Sheep21. Nice to have you around. Think of all the matches you could have seen for free if you had stayed in Cardiff!

Bet your sorry you left for England now.

Sakara: That sounds very impressive. I think I got a roungh idea where your going and can picutre it in my head almost. Its a bugger to get horse riding boots that do not cost a fortune. I've got a pair of black leather biker boots, but they kind of look like black leather Wellington boots, plus they are 2 sizes too big and kill my feet after 10 minutes. I tell you, if real Jedi had to wear those, there's no way they would have stood for a 1000 generations!

You seem to really enjoy these type of events. I bet its great to have a hobby that your really into and enjoy. The closest thing I have to a hobby is sleeping. Though I feel that may not count.

19. WelshDrivaaar

WelshDrivaaar Jedi Youngling

Sep 3, 2004
    Hey all. I posted here a while back, then I moved to Cardiff and forgot about this place, then tonight I rememebered. How cool is that! Anyway.... um... yeah. Cool. Wales. Rock on!

20. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Hey there Drivaaar, I was wondering what happened to you.

Good to see you back again. I hope that now you have remembered about this place you will want to hang around for a while.

Pop over to the Cantina and i'll shout you a Jawa juice.

I think this is the bussiest this forum has ever been!

I can't remember a time when we had this many posters and threads on the go.

Thanks everyone for hanging around. Your making an old CR very happy.

21. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    "Its a bugger to get horse riding boots that do not cost a fortune. I've got a pair of black leather biker boots, but they kind of look like black leather Wellington boots, plus they are 2 sizes too big and kill my feet after 10 minutes. I tell you, if real Jedi had to wear those, there's no way they would have stood for a 1000 generations!"

hehe..try Ebay, i get loads of boots and costue bits from there.

22. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Ebay isn't the goldmine it once was. But I do keep a close eye on it from time to time. But as of yet I haven't managed to find anything that is in my budget and would suit the cosutme. What colour are Anakin's boots in ep3 anyway? I know they were brown in ep2, but i'm not sure for ep3???

23. Sakara

Jun 8, 2005
    They look the same boots as ep2 but darker brown..maybe rubbed with black polish.
    Another boots to look for is German Army boots, they are very similar to jedi boots.
    padawans guide says that.
    It does depends on what your willing to spend of course.but i hear these can somtimes be cheaper than riding boots

24. MASTER-SITH

MASTER-SITH Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2003
    just thougth i would pop in and say hi as i have had not much time to in the past months becasue of work

25. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Hello there Master_Sith. Long time no see. Well I read from your other post that you have lost your job. Too bad, I hope it wasn't anything nasty. I nearly walked out of my job because of a bitch from hell last Monday. Hope you didn't suffer the same fate.

So how you been keeping?

Sakara: What do you think of these boots? Could they work?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4555725056&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4556581722&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I know the second one has a red stripe on them, but that shouldn't be to hard to cover up.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.