main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welsh roll call - if you are Welsh, living in Wales, or a friend of Wales, post here

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by timbolton, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revan86

Revan86 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2006
    perants ok that i can do my dad WAS sas best of the best of the best sir

2. IceMan-Darkside

IceMan-Darkside Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2006
    if your dad was in the sas you wouldnt be allowed to tell us.

3. Dickie

Dickie Jedi Master star 4

Jan 19, 2005
    I don't see any reason why not, after all was could mean a while ago. There's several Forces forums where members of the 'old and bold' are quite open about their experiences in such units, although obviously there is a fair bit of disgresion when it comes to specifics. Or, 'was SAS' has been known to mean something along the lines of 'a cook/accountant within the SAS regiment', in which case, he'd probably be aloud to tell :p

Of course I'm not implying that btw! ;)

4. IceMan-Darkside

IceMan-Darkside Jedi Youngling

May 13, 2006
    apologies....

Guys....ladies and Sith Lords alike. Must thank you all for sharing the passion of the Star Wars universe with me. I have a month left now till I dissapppear for 12 weeks. Then another 17weeks, then 6 months in Iraq.

Take Care friends...

May The Force Be With You.

5. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Good luck man, keep safe.

6. Revan86

Revan86 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2006
    hi i have at last played kingdom hearts 2 [face_hypnotized] oh and my mates and i found the glory fx light sabere's =P~ so much fun to scare the chavs with yeah

7. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Iraq!!

What the hell you going to Iraq for dude? Do you know how dangerous it is there?

Stay here in Wales, where it's safe and sensible....

Actually, Wales and Iraq are not that much different now I think about it.

You've got about as much chance of being beaten to death in the local pub as you do in downtown Baghdad.

Either way, take care dude and make sure you get back here in one piece!

8. EmacuSibio

EmacuSibio Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2006
    Name: Emacu Sibio (aka Phil)
    Welsh status: Welsh through and through (although went to an English school so didnt learn any - PAH!!)
    Link to Wales: Both parents and lineage, born in Wales, live in Wales, work in Wales, Welsh wife and Welsh daughter... Welsh bump due in April....
    Star Wars related: See comments on my Biog. Want to help get a Welsh contingent going to either the LA or London "Celebration".

9. kippax

kippax Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2006
    Name: kippax
    Welsh status:welsh born and bred, and fluent
    Link to Wales: family history is at least 5 generations,maybe more of 100% welsh pedigree!
    Star Wars related: Ive grown up watching star wars, still a big fan. I collect movie memorabilia and models and have recently started to collect star wars items. i have a master replica's lightsaber, the Luke Skywalker one, and i am waiting on delivery on 3 kotobuiyka models.i have a v.cool idea in mind for them, which i'll post pix of in time.

10. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Welcome to FF-UK Wales kippax, good to have you here :D

Anglesey! I was hoping to get there this year, will have to try again next year. If we can get any more North Wales people, or even some Liverpool/Chester area based fans, maybe have a trip to Ynys Môn :)

Any way you can get to Cardiff for the Welsh meet planned there?

11. kippax

kippax Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2006
    when is the cardiff meet.

12. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Check here - http://boards.theforce.net/wales/b10205/25361882/p1/?6

It should also be in the announcement area just below the banner now ;)

13. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Don't get many from op' north around here.

Good to have you onboard. So how did you find out about our little corner of the universe?

14. kippax

kippax Jedi Youngling

Nov 6, 2006
    started looking online for kotobukiya figures,got bored with looking at online shops so thought id look for any events,exhebitions etc that would have that kind of stuff. so started a search of star wars forums as i thought it would be a good source for info. and here i am.

now this forum has started something for me now! ive got my ticket for collectormaniaGMEX,and am going to go to 'celebration' next year.

sorry cant make the cardiff meet, too close to crimbo,not that i get much of a christmas. im working crimbo day 7am>7pm[face_tired] again for the 5th year running! oh the joys of 12hr shiftwork!! [face_frustrated]

15. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    If you are at Collectormania G-Mex, make sure to come by the Fan Force table and say "hi" ;)

Keep an eye on the North forums for that meet - http://boards.theforce.net/north/b10739/p1 ;) :D

16. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    Name:Rebeljediknight_88/David
    Welsh status: Friend of Wales

i have welsh blood (grand mother i think) and i normally go on holiday there! and my sis went to Aberystwyth and i love the place -my home away from home

17. rhi-sparks

rhi-sparks Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2006
    Hellooo there Rebel!
    We tend to be active in short bursts here!
    :)
    Sort of like adrenaline rushes...
    :p

18. Wengboi

Wengboi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2006
    Hello fellow welsh persons / lovers/ etc! =]

I came across this site after looking at event being held in the Marriot Hotel in Cardiff this month, that i'm going to. I didn't realise there was so much enthusiasm here for the art that is "Star Wars".

Can someone briefly explain to me what the Fan Force is, and how I can become an active member?

Anyone else going to the Marriot event?

www.myspace.com/theboywhois

19. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    A Fan Force is a online group based in a certain area/country, obviously in this case the reason for the Fan Force is Star Wars. The best way to become a active member is to continue to post in the local (wales) section and the UK section. Every once in a while a event comes along that we can attend or just a general get together can be organised. Its just generally a fun community idea with the thought in mind that we are all Star Wars fans. :D

The Wales section isn't that active though so try and stick around to make it more active if you can. ;)

20. GalvaGuy

GalvaGuy Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2006
    Or run for CR and make it really active!

21. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Bet the vote will still be tied :p
    We need an odd number of Welsh posters, that'll make someone win. Then again, Stuey has gone awol, so I may have to look for a CR who is actually active.

Then my ploy to keep you here longer has to end Magnawelshwhateveryouarenow :p

Fan Force began basically as the social side of the Jedi Council forums (which was aimed at mostly SW talk - films, books, etc). The various chapters of Fan Force UK hold many social meets, some places are more active than others, and it's down to each chapter to decide what they want to do with their group. If you want an example of an active chapter, check out the North area - active in two regions of the North - NE (Middlesbrough and Newcastle) and NW (Merseyside and Manchester). They do social meets, convention meets, etc.

22. GalvaGuy

GalvaGuy Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2006
    If Stuey has gone awol, then can't we just give it to ODJ?

Wengboi, if yo would like to cast a deciding vote, now might be a good time!

Just type "I vote for ODJ" and perhaps Wales can have a new CR.

23. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    How long have I been out of the loop? Since when is Welshguy known as GalvaGuy? :p

24. GalvaGuy

GalvaGuy Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2006
    I'm trying (not very well I may add) to retire Welshguy from active service.

So i'm posting under GalvaGuy now.

So bow before your new master!

25. Wengboi

Wengboi Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 5, 2006
    Thanks for explaining it all to me guys, I feel most enlightened. =]
    Its an awesome idea, and we should have frequent get togethers, and use shameless propaganda to get the welsh ff more active! =]
    Is there a Wlsh FF myspace page, or group? And also, how do you identify one another at coventions and events? Should have badges with our ff screen name or wotev!

Please forgive my million questions, but what exactly is a CR?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.