main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welsh roll call - if you are Welsh, living in Wales, or a friend of Wales, post here

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by timbolton, Mar 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EveyLou

EveyLou Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2006
    Name: EveyLou / Evey
    Welsh status: Born Welsh
    Been a SW Fan since i was 3 years old

2. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    I dont think there is a Welsh FF myspace group, have to ask WelshGuy and Tim to be sure. :p Usually we recognise each other by our profile pictures, I don't think badges are necessary. :p

And welcome Evey! Hope you enjoy your stay here. :D

3. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    CR stands for Chapter Representative - basically, the Fan Force UK is divided into regions (Chapters) and each of those has a member who is elected as their representative. They liase between members and the board authorities (me and higher up) and work with members to keep their chapter active - in real life meets and on here.

No FF-UK Welsh myspace as yet, I am working on a general FF-UK one though - check my groups on there (ta for the add btw :cool: ) and request an add. It has some work to be done on it.

Welcome to FF-UK: Wales EveyLou :cool: :D
    You interested in attending a convention near you in Cardiff? Check here for details.

4. GalvaGuy

GalvaGuy Jedi Youngling

Aug 31, 2006
    2 new posters in one week! Is this some kind of record?

We usually recognise each other at cons due to the massive leeks we have stuck to our shirts! :)

Is it just me, or am I the only person in the world that just doesn't get MySpace??

I mean, what happens? I don't get it? Your just there and you look at people? Wah???

5. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Your there, and then people add you, and you can blog. Its basically a expanded blog. With pictures. And Videos. And Comments. And stuff.

6. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Means you can stare (throw darts) at pics of your RSA all day. If you so wish. The FF-UK one will just be a point of call for people on that site, like having a business card.

Some people only chat to me via myspace when online, not everyone I know is a SW fan (no matter how scary that may be :p ). I also have two of my work colleagues on there, but they are just trouble lol. *checks to see if Joey is lurking, no, I am safe* :p

7. EveyLou

EveyLou Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 1, 2006
    Hi Tim & Obj_310388
    Thanks for welcoming me ;)

8. Lady_Evandar

Lady_Evandar Jedi Youngling

Oct 1, 2006
    Name: Lady Evandar
    Welsh status: Welsh born and bred
    Hoping to attend some conventions in the furure,any ecuse to make some SW costumes

9. darth-hayn

darth-hayn Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2002
    Darth-Hayn
    Born and bred in Wales
    Fan since 1977 (I was 12 at the time)
    Collect books, comics, statues, and some toys (usualy figures)
    Regular attendee at the events in Cardiff and Newport, seriosly working on atending the London Celebration.

Hi to you all, its good to be back.

10. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Welcome aboard Lady_Evandar and darth-hayn :D
    Good to see more Welsh posters here :cool:

11. Owain-MakashiStyle

Owain-MakashiStyle Jedi Youngling

Jan 16, 2007
    Another troop for your unit here guys and if you think i'm anything other than welsh then die, big fan of star wars saga and the extended universe and hoping to get to some events soon.

12. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    Welcome all new posters! Again I must appologise for my absence, BT are making a right pigs ear of putting in the new phone line so I'll be withought the net for a little while longer.

13. Muse_Nut18

Muse_Nut18 Jedi Youngling

Apr 5, 2007
    Name: Muse_Nut18/Ashley Thomas
    Welsh status: Born Welsh

14. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Your from Merthyr Tydfil!!

I don't know if you'll be allowed to post here. I'll have to check with the TOS. ;)

Nah, only joking, welcome!

So tell us a bit about yourself.

15. Muse_Nut18

Apr 5, 2007
    well im into movies, music, working out. Love to party and go clubbing down Cardiff...aw and going to gigs.

Im currently studying Media at Merthyr College, which im anjoying a lot as I have a huge interest in the TV/Film production and hope to get somewhere one day in the industry.

I think I should mention Im a big fan of Star Wars and have been for many years., explaining why Im a member here.

Thanks for the welcome. :)

16. Stuey

Stuey Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 30, 2002
    Welcome Muse_nut

Off to Wembley to see the mighty Muse? I'm going to the second date, i had tickets to the first one but they were seats so i sold them and got standing for the second, i'm not quite old enough to sit down yet at gigs. Then i'm seeing them again at the rick werchter festival in belgium the week after. Anyway, sorry about the ramble, it's always a pleasure to meet someone with taste

17. Muse_Nut18

Apr 5, 2007
    Nah I aint going to Wembley...I really wish I was though, its all down to getting there for me really and money:_| , I seen them in Cardiff tho and they are awesome!

18. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    My girlfriend saw them here in Cardiff about a month before we started going out, she had a spare ticket too. Gutted

19. SithLord-Mixo

SithLord-Mixo Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 21, 2002
    Yo baby....bust a move

20. Revan86

Revan86 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2006
    yeah i'm back gahhhhhh
    :D

21. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    So does this place actually have a CR anymore?

Whats the dealio dudes?

Good to see you again Revan. Though I fear your trip may have been in vain. It would seem that things have pretty much died a painful death.

Hello Wales. Anyone out there?

22. timbolton

Mar 14, 2003
    Only way a forum (including this one) is gonna work is if the regulars put an effort in. Make it an interesting place for any newcomers. That won't happen if the regulars keep away, and that's with or without a CR - the CR is only useful if you have people who want to meet for real. This is the way I see it, and if the FF-UK goes quiet and eventually is closed (or at least chapters not being used) then we have no one to blame but ourselves.

23. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    But i'm just one man!

Are you trying to tell me that one man can make a difference??

24. odj_310388

May 30, 2002
    *brushes down dust* Right, looks like I'm finally back on the net for good, I was worried we were going to loose it again for a minute there. So what's the damage report everyone? Who's still alive around these parts? :D

25. Stuey

May 30, 2002
    I still occasionally lurk around

At least i can't be accused of leaving the boards recently, I haven't posted consistently for a about 3 years :D

But if there are meets afoot i'm game, provided my poverty allows it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.