main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Welsh SW peeps meeting up?

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by terrycooper, Mar 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. terrycooper

terrycooper Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 8, 2001
    Any of youse guys wanna meet up? The more the merrier.

As a potential date: Sunday, 28th March 2004 in Cardiff.

To discuss SW in general, and maybe the idea of a fanfilm. We GOTTA get our collective Welsh asses in gear and make a movie, no matter how good or bad it may be!!

Post replies or PM me if interested??
    Cheers!

Terry

2. Fall-on-Jin

Fall-on-Jin Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    Nice to see a post like this every so often!

In terms of meeting up and making a fanfilm, we all seem to be on the same wavelength, and by looking at your portfolio, I think we can safely say welcome aboard. The fanfilms are all on hold for the moment, for various reasons.

The main man behind the fanfilm project is Welshguy, perhaps you've seen the huge topic on it. Question, did you send him the same PM as you did me? I'm sure he'd love your portfolio.

Well, I must be off. Those customers won't serve themselves... damned un-self-serving-tesco-goers....

3. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Wow, its amazing to find some life on these ere' pages, it warms my heart (as some green dude once said) to see new life here. Myself, Fall-on-Jin an ODJ310_388 are pretty much the only people that keep this place going, so please post here as often as you like. The more, the merrier so to speak.

Took a look at your portfolio by the way, and I must say its pretty darn impressive. Loved those lightsabers too, in the words of Will Smith, "I have gotta get me on of these". I know this may sound a little crass, but how much would one of those bad boys go for?

I don't know if you've read much about our fan-film? Its on the backburner right now, due to time and financial constraints (plus, my hairs not blond anymore). Myself and Fall-on-Jin have been working on another potential project though, one which I feel would be vastly easier and quicker to produce and set-up. Its a Matrix fan-film set in the Matrix world (though no bullet time or explosives shots are in the script) and it follows the story of a doctor who begins to suspect everything doesn't add up and starts discovering the truth about the Matrix. Its a more introspective and character lead script than your typical fan-film, but I think it's pretty good. Plus I work for the NHS, so use of medical sets etc. shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I'll email you both the Jedi Trails and Matrix: Revelations scripts so you can let me know what you think.

By the way, a meet-up sounds like a good idea to me.

4. Terra

Terra Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 25, 2000
    ...will there be ale and whores?

5. MASTER-SITH

MASTER-SITH Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2003
    him and welcome to the borad u profile is cool
    and the fan-film welsh guy and fall-jin made for star wars is good a meet up would be a good idear aswell

6. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    If by ale you mean coffee, and whores you mean us, then yes. Ale and whores all round!

So, those in favour of a meetup so far, 4....

Anyone else?

Oh yea and by the way, I haven't got a problem with the date and location.

7. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Date and place sound fine to me too. Not to sure about being a whore though? Unless i'm one of those high class types who get to swan around the world on a private jet. Still, enough about my day dreams.

So read the scripts yet?

8. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Glad to see someone else who's alive in this place. :) Nice job on knightquest btw, how did you get onto that project? Did you contact them? or did they contact you?

Also the guys said here that you had a portfolio or something, mind if I have a peak? ;)

9. terrycooper

Nov 8, 2001
    Hi there,

The Sabre Handles on my site were flogged off on Ebay, a while ago, unfortunately. I have one more recently made, I'll have to email you a picture of it, if you like. As for price, you have to remember they're made out of junk. PM me for details, as walls have ears ; )

Would love to read your scripts - please email 'em to : rapstertee@hotmail.com

Cheers!

***THIS JUST IN!***
    EPIII re-shoots in Elstree, I hear..I'm off to London this weekend, for £4.50 return!!! See www.megabus.com for the el cheapo fares from Cardiff!
    Cheers!!
    Terry

10. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    TerryCooper: I did email you those scripts? Can you just confirm that you did indeed get them? I might indeed be interested in a lightsaber, if you could email me some pics with some details on price, it would be much appreaticated.

Have fun in London. I'm guessing that most of the main actors will not be there. But if you do happen to run into Ms Portman, tell her I said "hi".

11. terrycooper

Nov 8, 2001
    Welshguy, I received the scripts - thanks! I'll be reading 'em tonight - I love a bit of fanfic.

I'm going to get me a$$ in gear this week, and provide you with a pic of my sole remaining lightsabre, k?

Cheers!

12. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    All sounds cool to me, I was wondering, could you send me a picture of that lightsaber as well? I don't want to compete with welshguy and buy it (since i am clinically poor) i'd just love to look at it.

Any ideas on an exact location for our meet-up? I think if we could get their early enough as to secure a sofa or two, Starbucks (the one nearest Virgin Megastores was the one used last time) would be a good choice. Good Coffee, Disgusing lemonade (ask welshguy), and even a cake or two. And to coax those even more, the first round's on me (since welshguy paid last time).

So who do we have altogether? Welshguy, TerryCooper, Me, MasterSith... 4 is good so far.

Terra and odj, you interested?

13. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Trust me, he aint joking about the lemonade. Seriously, stay away from the lemonade.

I hate to be the guy who does this, but is there any chance that we can do the meet-up a weekend earlier or later? I know the needs of the one don't outweigh the needs of the many (so to speak), but I just figured out that i'm going to be away that weekend (I think?), however I would really like to do this meet-up.

If its not possible, then I completly understand.
    The decission is in your hands.....

14. terrycooper

Nov 8, 2001
    Hello, y'all..

I've no problem with meeting up a week earlier or later, my only consideration is that Sunday would be the best day for me, as I train my younglings on Saturdays, mostly. ;)

Starbucks - Yeah, sounds good. If more than 4 of us turn up, maybe we could try the coffe shop within the Capitol centre, near the Gadget Shop?

Also, just as a novelty, maybe we all should bring an item of SW interest, to pass around/discuss/marvel at?

I say this, as a bunch of strangers who get together usually end up saying..."hmm..er..did you see that shy today? Talk about blue.."

Justa thought. I have a lovely Luke ANH replica, and some artwork etc.. Bring yer scripts, toys, photos, etc. Which reminds me..I can bring some pics from last years holiday to Tunisia...

www.tatooine.tk <-----there's the link!

Any thoughts, comments, etc..please let me know!

Cheers!

15. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    I think the sunday after wouldn't be so bad, and i like the Idea of the Passing round of SW items. I can't think of anything special in paticular though..... Well, nothing that will all into the realms of "too big to bring along" (as i've got 2 SW helmets, not great ones though, nothing worthy of a fanfilm).

4th Of April (Any idea on a time?) good for you guys?

16. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    So whats with all the new threads all of a sudden? I can't handle this kind of action!

April 4th (Sunday) sounds good to me. Can't really think of what to bring along though, apart from my scripts that is, but most people have already read those.

17. terrycooper

Nov 8, 2001
    4th April it is, then!!!!?!?!

Spread the word then!

18. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    Hmmm I dont think i'll be able to come, i think thats the date when I go up to north wales for a holiday. But i'm not sure, even if its not on that date I dont think my mum would aprove of me meeting up with some people in Cardiff I dont know. lol I know it souds stupid but ah well.
    I'll have to check the date and stuff, also if I do come i'll probably bring this little art package thing i got from a carboot sale, its got some early artwork for ANH in big sizes, come to think of it it might be to big to bring lol. I'll have to check that to.

19. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    Don't worry about it ODJ, if your mum wont let you we don't want you getting into trouble or anything.

I'm stuck for an item though...
    hmm....

I've gone one, but its not paticularly fantastic, yet interesting. Its an SW toy i happened to find in my garden one day, and no-one seems to know where it came from.

So so far, its April 4th, Cardiff... in A starbucks or in the Capitol shoping centre near the gadget shop. Hmmm.

Any ideas of a time?

20. MASTER-SITH

MASTER-SITH Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 14, 2003
    yer sound good
    as to what to bring i am also stuck
    i have thougth about bring my kellgos clone trooper helm it or my signed boba fett figure but i done know i will have think about it

21. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    If nobidy minds, I think i'll just bring myself. I was never a big collector anyway and anything I could bring along would be pretty lame.

Plus I don't really want to be lugging a life-size replica of of Ton-Ton or something around Cardiff with me ;) Hope you understand.

Terry Cooper: Did you have a chance to read those scripts yet? What did you think? Any feedback (positive or negative) is always welcome.

22. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    SON OF A *****!!!

Went to Merthyr Tydfil to work today and as usual I parked my car in a quiet side street, as the car parks in Merthyr have somewhat of a bad reputation. However, it seems that the street was not quiet enough. At around 3.00pm I recieved a phone call from the police. It seems that a traffic wardan had reported my driver side window had been smashed in and the contents of my car looted. They took my stereo, CD's and even took the ashtray containing all of 87p in coppers with them. Its the CD's which is the real bitch. Some of them I had had for 10 years or more and were almost like old friends to me (if that makes sense). The thought that some skinny little, track-suit and basball cap wearing freak of a junky is going to be selling these for 50p each in some dank hell hole of a pub, just so he can score a bag of Heroin makes my blood boil.

I would have given anything, ANYTHING to catch this stinking piece of scum in the act. I would have gone Anakin vrs Tuskan Raiders on his sorry arse. Whats really bad though is that he threw an 8 inch brick though my window (also destroying half of the passenger side door comparment in the process) and nobody in this quiet little side street heard a bloody thing?? Now a brick that size being thrown through a window with that kind of force must have sounded like a bomb going off?? So why didn't anyone do anything? I'll tell you why, cause they were just happy that it wasn't their car, thats frickin' why!!!

So after a very cold and windy drive home I get to spend most of tomorrow morning looking for a new window. Ohh the joys of living in today's society. Whats really, really bad though is that I work in the Drug and Alcohol addiction field, and in all liklyhood it was one of these people who broke into my car. You have to ask yourself, why???

23. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Terry Cooper: Thanks for the coments regarding the scripts dude. I think you hit it right on the head when you mentioned that some of the lines are too long. Thats a little thing I do, I tend to write to much dialog in the first few drafts, but then its just a case of thinning it out so you only got the good stuff left.

So what did you think of the actual story for Revelations? Should I pump up the sister aspect, make Dr Stark's search more personal? Or maybe increase the perspective from Promethius' side of things?

Revelations is probably my fave script that i've written. I like the fact that its more moody, mysterious and has unknown qualites regarding the Matrix. Plus it would be fairly easy to film, just gotta get round to it.

As always, any input is always welcome.

Little calmer now........

24. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    I just thought i'd pop my head in and say hi, since activity has seemed to die down a bit. Everyone who's going still interested?

Welshguy: sorry to hear about your car dude. We can only hope one thing, that they died in some freak "enjoying ill gotten gains" accident. Slowly.

25. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Hi all. Just thought i'd let you know that I am now the proud owner of a new driver's side window. for a mere £50 I no longer have to drive like i'm in the middle of a typhoon. The only down side is that the driver's seat got soaking wet and I now have to sit on newspaper to avoid D.P.S (damp pants synrome).

On a completly different note, just thought I would mention my up and coming fan film. I'm aiming to film next Saturday (3rd April). The movie is a parody of Star Wars meets Goodfellas. I have called it StarFellas (bet you didn't see that one coming!)

It occured to me that in many respects, Jedi are very much like gangsters. They do what they want, everyone is afraid of them and they are more or less above the law. I'm going to have Anakin play the Ray Liotta character, Obi-Wan is going to be Robert Deniro, Darth Maul is going to be Joe Pesci and Yoda is going to be Paul Sorvino (Paulie).

All the Goodfellas characters pretty much fit the Star Wars characters spot on. You got the young, up and coming hot shot (Ray Liotta - Anakin), the older, more experienced leader (Robert Deniro - Obi-Wan), the psycho nut-job (Joe Pesci - Darth Maul) and the slow moving big boss (Paul Sorvino - Yoda).

I'm about half way through the script and most of the props bought of ebay should be here in a couple of days.

If anyones interested in seeing some quality promo art, then just let me know and i'll email it to you directly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.