main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

We're All Fine Here, Thanks. How Are You? - The FanFic Social Thread

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by mavjade , Aug 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goodwood

Goodwood Jedi Master star 5

May 11, 2011
    Will you be engaging Hermit Mode?

2. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Yes.

Until my niece's birthday party.

Then it's back to Hermit Mode.

3. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    I hate babysitting. I generally just hate kids. Welcome back to hermit mode.

I have an ear infection (I had a blocked ear and I dumbly stuck so much stuff in there before getting ear drops to break up the bockage). It really kind of sucks because my ears are the only part of my body that actually works. Ugn,

4. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    That sucks, Bri, but I can't say I've ever felt your pain as I've never had an ear infection ever.

Have fun at your niece's birthday, Trak! Try not to catch any communicable diseases from the kids or their guests! :p ;)

5. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Even with four of my own kids, I hate babysitting as well. I seem to really only like my own kids. [face_laugh]

Thanks everyone for the well wishes for my son. Greatly appreciated. :)

Kahara likes this.
  6. Gemma

Gemma Jedi Master star 4

Dec 25, 2013
    I hope this gets healed up soon for you.

7. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks. I'm hoping it's not actually an infection, I'm hoping it's just swollen, but it's starting to feel like an infection. That would be just my luck to be healthy all summer, only to get sick right before school.

My friend is an amateur/hobbyist photographer (though she does some really pretty and artistic stuff). She wants to do some sort of post-apocalyptic photo-shoot of me in my wheelchair, which I think would be so cool, so I'm hoping we can work something out.

Kahara and K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku like this.
  8. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Sounds cool, Bri, just remember to give us a sample if you want, eh? :)

9. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Of course. Knowing her, it'll take forever for us to meet up [we are going to try for next week sometime, but she's notorious for "getting called into work last minute" and canceling (it is VERY annoying)] and taking a LONG time to edit her projects, but it's been awhile since she's done anything, so I'm hoping that'll give her motivation, maybe. Plus we've been wanting to do something together over a year now. So hopefully I'll be able to post some cool pictures sometime in the future.

In the mean time, have a picture of my melted crayon art lion. Not my best work (the gold paint was annoying runny and would NOT cover), but I was really bored and it was really fun. I still have a ton of crayons left over, so I'm going to try more when I get more canvases.

Photo on 2014-08-19 at 12.50 AM.jpg

10. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I should try that melted-crayon medium sometime. Still working on teaching the kids the basics before we move onto different media.

11. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    That photo shoot sounds pretty awesome, Bri! I'd love to see some of the pics if you do it! And I like your lion! :)

12. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I spent an hour or so painting eyes and my niece walked over to see what I was working on and was amazed that it was just eyes. She asked why I took so much time and I said because I wanted to paint realistic eyes.

What I neglected to mention was that I painted the eyes twice and spent most of the time doing little touchups. Most of my stuff rarely sees one coat; I usually put two or three down before I just spend endless hours touching things up that no one but me will notice.

Kahara likes this.
  13. amidalachick

amidalachick FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 5 VIP - Game Host

Aug 3, 2003
    Love the lion, Bri!

I am drinking pineapple-coconut rooibos tea. I wasn't sure if I would like it, but it's surprisingly delicious.

14. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Gah, I've got an annoying twitch in the lower lid of my left eye. I must look like a disgruntled postal worker who had dealt with one belligerent customer too many.

Kahara likes this.
  15. K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 18, 2000
    Mother nature decided that the desert need 6 months worth of rain in a single day today! Roads all around us are closed because of flooding. We had 0.5 inches in less than 30 minutes this morning. It's been interesting trying to get to and from anywhere today. It's still raining north of us, so the washes will be running for a while longer yet. I'm hoping that it stays north of us.

Kahara likes this.
  16. Briannakin

Feb 25, 2010
    Thanks. I really like doing melted crayon art. It's fun and even the artistically challenged like myself can do it. And my photo-shoot is 'planned' for next Thursday. I was never the girly "I WANNA BE A MODEL!" But I'm really excited to put on a dress and my combat boots and do some weird stuff. We are just trying to think of a setting as there are very few old, run-down buildings in town.

RE drawing eyes: my friend who is doing the photo shoot used to be one of my note-takers in high school. She loved drawing realistic eyes on her notes during class. So I'd get copies of her notes and there would be eyes all over them.

Pineapple-coconut rooibos tea sounds delicious!

Also, my sister, who I share a house with, just got a dog. I have yet to meet said dog. This will be interesting. Aggie is not going to be happy.

K'Tai qel Letta-Tanku and Kahara like this.
  17. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Enjoy a cute cat video!

Gemma and JediMaster_Jen like this.
  18. ThreadSketch

ThreadSketch Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2013

:p

19. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    Mind = blown:

20. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    I was thinking more that scene in an episode of Rocko's Modern Life after Rocko loses his car and needs to take a bus, and one of the passengers says, "Ever since I lost my job at the post office, I've been feeling a little... Disgruntled." Everyone clears out and the guy starts swinging on the handholds, "WHOOOOO-WEE! Now I got me some swingin' room!"

...I am such a dork.

Goodwood likes this.
  21. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    Nah. I'm the weirdo for being under 30 and even thinking of the Pink Panther series. :p

Goodwood and TrakNar like this.
  22. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    That annoying eyelid twitch does help to conjure various oddities. :p

I hope my niece enjoys a reading of Pickman's Model. Since we've been doing lots of art stuff lately, it'll be a good story to read. I'll also need to remember to take some extra canvasboard I have stashed in my closet. I prefer to paint on stretched canvas, so the kids can have my extra boards.

23. Goodwood

May 11, 2011
    I've occasionally had eyelid twitches, but they've got nothing to do with stress. Which is both a good and bad thing. [face_plain] :shrug:

24. ThreadSketch

Dec 22, 2013
    Sometimes random twitches can be a mild magnesium deficiency, or so I've read. Good excuse to nom some dark chocolate, or pumpkin seeds, black beans, almonds, and other magnesium-rich foods.

25. TrakNar

Apr 4, 2011
    Got plenty of chocolate. In my case, though, I think it's stress and lack of sleep. I've been babysitting my niece and nephews a lot lately, and I'm getting worn out. They're not so bad with me, but they can be a real handful around their parents. I find it easier to keep them occupied with projects, and I'm much more lenient when it comes to idle snacking, so if they beg me for that extra donut, I'll let them not only have two, but I'll join in the feasting.

During public outings, they're nuts, generally when it's only my sis-in-law and I watching them. My half-brother and I are devising ways that I can maintain discipline with them without having to become heavily involved, and it's boiling down to "do you want me to tell your dad what you've been doing? I have him on speed dial!"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.