main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Were there clones that knew of Palpatine's plans before they happened?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Macromind101, Jul 2, 2019.

1. Macromind101

Macromind101 Jedi Knight

Jan 9, 2016
    In the scene where Palpatine requests that he be left alone with Fives other than his personal guards, there are still two clone shock troopers in the room. As it's known that Palpatine revealed to Fives his true plans to bait him into attacking him, this means the two shock troopers heard the conversation as well, and yet they didn't do anything to oppose him. Does this mean that certain clones (perhaps those who worked solely with Palpatine and his staff, and never with the Jedi) knew of the Sith conspiracy and didn't do or say anything?

2. Luna2112

Luna2112 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 22, 2016
    Maybe, but I think it would be a very small and select number that did. I know that Mas Amedda was aware of Palpatine's' plans to create the Empire (not sure about Order 66 itself), so it wouldn't be entirely out of character for his personal guards to be "in the know" on specific things that related to them and their role. I'd imagine the Red Guards and red clones (I think they're the Coruscant guard) were aware of Order 66 as a contingency plan so they could be prepared to deal with Jedi if need be. I doubt any of them knew of the scale and details of the conspiracy or that Palpatine was a Sith though. I think Amedda was the only one who knew all of that.

3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    They could've been like the precursor for Inquisitor/Purge Troopers, similar programming and special orders as it would not of taken much to order Clones to do what you wanted. Moreover Kaminoans were allied with Tyranus and Palpatine that went above the Jedi there. Or maybe they weren't Clones. Since the Coruscant Guards/Commandos and Palpatine's Red Guards weren't all Clones(although some perhaps were).

4. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Perhaps, but perhaps Palpatine was just speaking in a very low voice, so the other clone troopers in the room didn't hear what was being said. The only thing they saw was Fives suddenly attacking the Chancellor for no reason.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I would say no there were not. I just don’t see Palpatine trusting anyone outside of his inner circle