main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Westin Bonaventurites - Post here!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by rhonderoo, May 7, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    In my experience these are really nice hotels. If you've never stayed, I have two words: Heavenly Bed

I'm sure we'll see each other around, so post here if you're reserved at the Bonaventure!!!

2. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    We're in one of the suites. [face_dancing]

3. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Ill be staying there

4. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    That is where I am staying :) with Starwars.com friends from out East. Can't wait!!

5. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Tentatively that's where I'll be if I cant transfer the room.

6. e-j

e-j Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 7, 2006
    I'm staying at this hotel too. Thanks for starting up the thread!

The hotel looks really nice. If it's as good as it looks in pictures, it'll definitely be the nicest hotel I've ever stayed in (and the most expensive!).

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    I haven't done my research on this one: does it have a pool and hot tubs, and how late are those open??

8. citizenjohn

citizenjohn Jedi Knight star 5

May 4, 2001
    Miana

It has a swimming pool, not sure about hot tub. I would assume it does.

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    *crosses fingers that the pool's 24/7*

10. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    [image=http://www.starwoodhotels.com/pub/media/1004/na1004ex5_md.jpg]

[image=http://www.starwoodhotels.com/pub/media/1004/na1004lo6_md.jpg]

[image=http://www.starwoodhotels.com/pub/media/1004/na1004lo7_md.jpg]

[image=http://www.starwoodhotels.com/pub/media/1004/na1004po1_md.jpg]

I've done several conferences at the Westin Peachtree in Atlanta. Westins are higher end Sheratons. They have a really nice workout room (or Atlanta does, I'd suspect this one does) and probably an indoor pool, as well as an outdoor pool.

The rooms are all nice and the Heavenly Beds are down comforters and a double thick mattress:

[image=http://www.starwoodhotels.com/pub/media/1004/na1004gr17_md.jpg] [image=http://www.starwoodhotels.com/pub/media/1004/na1004gr16_md.jpg]

11. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    I don't think there's a hot tub... been a while since I was there, don't remember one.

View at night from the (rotating) lounge. Just remember, you'll be paying for that view :):

[image=http://images4.fotki.com/v46/photos/3/32745/657170/P1010694-vi.jpg]

12. larame_kaine

larame_kaine Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2005
    They have spa facilities so I'd assume they have a hot tub there. Dont know about the pool, it would be nice if it was open 24/7. I cant wait for this con and part of that is because we're staying here. It's like a little mini coruscant. =D

Features & Activities
    Enjoy shopping, recreation, and a myriad of restaurants without leaving the hotel. Our six-story atrium covers a full city block and provides a pleasant atmosphere with unique services, which you can enjoy under the southern California sun.

Have a request? One call does it all. Just call Service Express and it will be handled quickly and thoroughly.

Swim, jog, work out, or just relax. Both men and women can enjoy health and beauty treatments in our Bonaventure Spa. Or the WestinWORKOUT® Powered by Reebok Gym that include a unique indoor jogging track and outdoor swimming pool, complimentary to all guests.

The adjacent fitness center is available at a nominal charge, which provides state-of-the-art equipment, fitness classes, indoor basketball court and an indoor swimming pool. Golf, tennis, horseback riding, sailing, and other outdoor sports are also nearby.

Designed and certified by Runner's World Magazine, Runner's World Maps are available to our guests and feature 3-mile and 5-mile jogging/walking routes from our hotel as well as local running tips.

unwindsm . . . a westin evening ritual
    Westin's evening ritual encourages you to reflect and rejuvenate as you make your journey from day to night. Join other guests to enjoy food, drink and an ambience unique to every destination.

Hotel Services
    WestinWORKOUT® Powered by Reebok Gym
    Running Maps by Runner's World
    Concierge Service
    Outdoor Heated Pool
    24-Hour Valet Parking Service (Charge)
    Laundry/Valet Service
    Multilingual Staff
    Secretarial Service
    Tour/Excursion Service
    24-Hour Room Service
    Fitness and Spa Facilities/Services
    RunWESTIN
    Service Express®
    Doorman
    Car Rental Service
    Currency Exchange
    Shoe Shine Service Available
    Golf Course Nearby
    Shopping Connected to Hotel
    Bellstand/Porters
    Handicap Accessible Facilities
    Luggage Storage
    Jogging Track
    Covered Parking Facilities
    Florist
    Cash Machine (ATM)
    Gift Shop
    Hair and Nail Salon
    Boutiques
    Business Center/Services
    Clothing Stores
    Westin Kids Club®
    Smoke Detectors
    24-Hour Front Desk
    Some of the services and facilities above may not be available on a 24-hour basis or without advance request. Fees on certain facilities/services may apply.
    Dogs up to 40 pounds are allowed. Dogs must be accompanied by owner at all times and are restricted from food and beverage areas as well as other areas designated by the hotel. All ADA dogs are allowed.

Dining Overview
    Head to L.A. Prime, a New York-style steakhouse, for the best prime beef and seafood. Enjoy a 360-degree view of the city from the 34th floor at BonaVista Lounge, a revolving cocktail lounge. Or experience casual dining at Lakeview Bistro for breakfast and lunch.

See and be seen in the Lobby Court, located in the atrium's lobby central and offering Starbucks coffee concoctions, light breakfast fare from early dawn 'til noon, and cocktail service throughout the day.

Restaurants & Lounges
    Lobby Court Coffee Bar
    Cuisine: Coffee Bar
    hours: Sunday - Thursday 11:00 AM - 12:00 AM; Friday - Saturday 11:00 AM - 1:00 AM
    Atmosphere: Cocktails/Snacks

Hotel Food Court/Restaurants

L.A. A New York Steakhouse
    Cuisine: Steak
    hours: Sunday - Friday 5:00 PM - 10:30 PM; Saturday 5:00 PM - 11:00 PM
    Atmosphere: Panoramic View

Lakeview Bistro
    hours: 6:00 AM - 2:30 PM
    Atmosphere: Casual

Bona Vista Lounge
    Cuisine: Light Fare
    Atmosphere: Panoramic View

Guest Rooms Overview

Recently renovated, every guest room offers spectacular floor-to-ceiling city views, dual-line telephone with data port, cable and in-room movies, hair dryer, iron and ironing board, and Starbucks® coffee/tea maker.

Our 135 suites feature nine different suite types, including 41 hospitality suites ranging from

13. Leia214

Leia214 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 24, 2004
    My husband and I are staying there too! From Tuesday to Tuesday.

14. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    I actually posted information about this hotel many months ago: Bonaventure

15. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I plan on using the workout facilities at least three times that week. I hope there's not a charge just for the treadmill and weights.

16. wendynat

wendynat Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 8, 2005
    My husband and I will be staying in the Westin, too (along with a number of our fanforce club members). I was excited to see Rhonderoo and Jedi_Trace on the Westin list - Fanficcers unite!

17. bstspiritwarrior

bstspiritwarrior Jedi Youngling

Nov 10, 2006
    I am staying here with a buddy of mine. Can't wait! Only two more weeks!

18. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    what with all the walking you will be doing to and from the CC are you going to have time to add this in.. I was thinking I would enjoy the treadmill myself, but then I realized with all the other walking my poor body will be lucky to get by without using my walker as it is.. but I am curious about what all is in there.. if there is a sauna I am very interested in finding out.. sauna heat can be really good for achy joints that I will be having.

19. PHATJEDI67

PHATJEDI67 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 5, 2005
    Hey everybody, I'll be staying at the Westin from the 23rd through the 29th. Looks like there's a lot of nice amenities to take advantage of. As usual, I'm flying solo, but then again, this is L.A. so, perhaps my luck will change....we'll see. In the meantime, what's the best resturant there? My first love is seafood but I'm game for just about anything. Any suggestions?

20. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Are you talking about the hotel or the area in general?

21. ANAKINOS

ANAKINOS Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 25, 2002
    My group and I are staying here as well. Hopefully see you all there. wooooooooohoooooooooooooooooo

22. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I figure I will do it in the morning, before stuff really starts. I try to do an hour of cardio every day, and unfortunately walking at a more leisurely pace doesn't count as much (or relieve as much stress ;)). Although the walking that we'll do at the con will certainly count for exercise. But a sauna would be nice. I know they do have an indoor pool, so probably a little whirlpool in it. Not sure.

23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I miss cardio exercise... since my pulmonary embolism last year they don't let me do much in the way of cardio workouts except while hooked up to machines in the doctor's office.. but I see what your point is now... I have to admit I feel a bit jealous to be honest.. I want to take part!! I may check it out for the fun of it.. even if I don't get to partake.. I can at least see if the sauna is there. The pool will be nice as well. That part I can do.. I actually like the idea of a drive to the beach one morning.. though saying it and doing it is something else entirely.

24. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Hubby and I will be there. [face_peace]

Go on with yo? bad self, girl! ;)

If it?s anything like C 3, the only hotel amenity I?ll be taking advantage of is a corkscrew for my wine bottle. :p

:eek: That's awesome, Wendy! Can't wait to meet you. [:D]

25. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002

I'm telling myself the same thing I tell myself at these outlandish company functions, if you're going to do the eating and drinking, you're getting your butt to the fitness center.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.