main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Westworld series by J.J. Abrams and Johnathan Nolan

Discussion in 'Community' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Aug 31, 2013.

1. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    No thanks needed. I just enjoy discussing the show and breaking out the puzzle box. I watched a timeline video and it was a little helpful but since the video was only 7 minutes, it went a little fast. I think the author had a longer 17 minute video explaining, but like I said, I look forward to Alt-Shift's take. He didn't release an episode 9 breakdown yet so hopefully he's working that one and 10.

2. gezvader28

gezvader28 Chosen One star 6

Mar 22, 2003
    ok I think I've got the plot mechanics worked out in my mind well enough now .

so let's move onto the themes .

Fidelity . James Delos' rebirths failed because , as best I understand it , he always ended up in the same emotional place , but that's a spiritual thing , he died of a physical ailment (cancer?) .
    Ford said he couldn't be put in a flesh body either tho ( are they flesh or are they basically whatever the hosts are ?)

so what's causing the failure ?

3. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    According to what we learn when Dolores and Bernard go into The Forge, the immortality program was failing because the code was too complex. It appears that they finally solved what makes a human a human with ~10,000 lines of code. The virtual Logan explained to them that one would think a human needs to relate some sort of meaning behind their action, but he concludes they do not.

It's a very simplistic way of looking at the human race, but it makes sense if you think about your daily routine. You eat when you're hungry, sleep when you're tired, cry when you're sad, laugh when you're happy, etc. If you think about killing a bunny to see the light leave its eyes, then you might be an outlier like William.

The James Delos model might have been an early creation before he passed and then the only creation when he finally passed. The virtual Logan says that he ways kicks out real world Logan every single time. Alluding to the fact that humans will not change and William will kill his daughter every single time, even into the future, when we saw the stinger post credits. It's far into the future, William is now in a host body, and he's still making the same mistakes, over and over again, trying to prove Ford's data card wrong.

oncafar and VadersLaMent like this.
  4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I was watching some YouTube videos last night, and one of them suggested that the 1976 sequel film to Westworld titled, "Future World" might shed some light on Delores' plan and what might happen in season 3.

[​IMG]

oncafar likes this.
  5. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    I like on Westworld website, they refer to Hale/Dolores as Halores.

oncafar and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
  7. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
  8. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  9. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    gakk terror! It's only 4 primary actors getting a pay bump right now

A second tier of actors are likely to renegotiate as well. What's notable is that James Marsden and Tessa Thompson — both of whom have been prime players in the drama — are not a part of the first tier that renegotiated, which sources suggest may point to an unclear future for the pair on the series. "HBO does not and would never comment on talent negotiations," a rep for the network said in a statement.

So maybe they haven't gotten to Thompson and Marsden yet. Story wise you COULD not have Teddy back since he made it to robot heaven but, c'mon, it's Teddy! And Hale revealed herself to be a freakin robot so I'm assuming she's pretty important to the storyline as well. Maybe Thompson and Marsden don't rate for the highest pay increase :(

Last edited: Oct 25, 2018
  10. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  11. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Bringing in the big guns for season 3.

12. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
  13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Oh, Aaron Paul has an HBO show, great! I loved him in The Price is Right.

Ah, so he's a thief...a nice call back to him getting robbed in The Price is Right.

Argh, the future setting looks boss, like the sets of The Price is Right!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
  15. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    No idea what's going on? Yep, it's Westworld, all right! ;)

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    When the trailer for the upcoming season aired before the final episode of Game of Thrones I had no idea what the trailer was going, aside from being a new series on HBO. I was pleasantly surprised and elated this was the teaser of the next season of Westworld. To me, this trailer suggest a time jump and Dolores' plans have come to fruition at the end of the last season. It's a new world and something I look forward to exploring.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  17. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Yeah I totally forgot Aaron Paul was announced as cast so I was happy to see him in a new project and then I was like "Oh ****, it's West World!"

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  18. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
  20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Finally! A thread about a show that I'm caught up on. Not for long, I fear, since I don't watch shows in real time. Loved season 1. Season 2....not so much.

21. BigAl6ft6

Nov 12, 2012
    Good to see they're saying that the Hosts are unique among automatons and not that they're everywhere. Also I guess the other worlds weren't affected by the riots and they just moved Mave to a different park. Well we did see that Safari and Samuari land go nuts. So I have no idea how the park is still running. Of course, the fact the robots flipped out and killed everyone seems like Delos would be evil and powerful enough to cover it up.

Looks like we're in for a full season of the man in black being old and stuck in a basement!

Last edited: Jul 21, 2019
  22. TheAdmiral

TheAdmiral Force Ghost star 4

Mar 28, 2004
    After a disappointing Season 2 I am kinda wary, though seeing Aaron Paul is a nice addition to the series.

23. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    The best part about Season 2 was discussing it here. I'm definitely looking forward to Season 3.

24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Teaser, mostly just giving a date.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  25. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    March 15, 2020, eh. That's sooner than I expected. I was thinking late spring. So, the sooner the better.