main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What about original music compositions?

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by JediRich, Jul 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRich

JediRich Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2003
    Hello everyone,

Im a film composer and also a HUGE star wars fan. I do original compositions quite a bit and have been seriously thinking about doing some original star wars cues utilizing some of John Williams' themes as well as some of my own original ones. Where could I post those?

Rich

2. Nathan_P_Butler

Nathan_P_Butler Author, Star Wars Tales #21 star 4 VIP

May 23, 2003
    Probably here is the best place. Generall Fan Audio means Audio Dramas or Radio Shows, but this'd work, I suppose.

3. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Considering how we're a bit on the fringe around here, I'd have to agree with Nathan that if you create music that's totally original and it's SW themed..then it would go here.

Keith

4. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    I don't see why it wouldn't go here. If Fan Audio meant Audio Dramas then they should have named it that. Fan Audio is a broad realm.

I'd agree by saying that as long as it is SW themed, you are welcome to post it. I'm a fellow composer, so I'd love to hear what ya got! :D

5. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Me three. I studied music in college. I just haven't written anything in years. I have a lot of unfinished stuff though, that one of these days I will eventually complete. If you have a site, post the link. I'd be interested in hearing what you both have been writing.

Keith

6. darth_paul

darth_paul Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2000
    I know that we used to work on and off on music for EU books, and that we discussed that in the Lit forum, but I think for all-original music, this would be the place.

-Paul

7. Elan-Rai

Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 11, 2001
    Keith, my personal website is in my bio/profile. In the music section I have about 3 or 4 songs that I have either written by myself or co-written. Of course, those songs are not even remotely Star Wars. ;)

I do have an original song I wrote for a Stargate Famfilm (still waiting on post for that one). I will see if I can get it hosted somewhere for you to hear it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.