main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SNG WHAT ARE YOU COLLECTING NOW?

Discussion in 'Asia & Africa General Discussion' started by HumsupFett, Dec 10, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HumsupFett

HumsupFett Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2000
    Its been a Loooooong wait for a person to reply here. Hey D-N, u a cantonese? if so, u will know what my pseudo means...LOL!!!

OK, back to business for this thread, I am collecting SW and used to collects only 3.75" but now, I am more into 12" figures.But I can't resist those POTJ goodies and stray back earlier a little. My 12" cohort includes :

1. Darth Vader electronic
    2. Darth Vader (collector series..CS)
    3. Boba Fett elect.
    4. Boba Fett CS
    5. Darth Maul elect (x3...TRU crazy sale)
    6. Darth Maul (action collections..AC)
    7. Qui Gon-Jinn
    8. Luke Hoth
    9. Luke Ceremonial
    10. Wedge Antilles
    11. Biggs Darklighter
    12. AT-AT Driver
    13. Sandtrooper (white pouldron)
    14. Sandtrooper (Orange pouldron)
    15. Han Solo (CS)
    16. Battle Droid (x2)
    17. Snowtrooper
    18. Kaadu & Capt Tarpals
    19. Darth Maul & Sith Speeder

By the way, forget to ans your question. yes, sometimes "foreigner" do come in occasionally.

Do you have any 12" I can trade with u?

cheers!!!

2. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    By the way, you can also visit this site :

http://boards.theforce.net/board.asp?brd=10004

its for collecting and its international. I have a couple of post there too.

3. Valiowk

Valiowk Chosen One star 6

Apr 23, 2000
    I don't think you even need to be Cantonese to understand what your name means :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  4. howlrunner22

howlrunner22 Moderator Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 24, 1998
    Not exactly a good vocabulary you're developing over there..... What exactly does RGS teach you? =)

5. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    Welcome back guys, how I miss u people. So Val's from RGS...hmm, O'level comin?

6. howlrunner22

Oct 24, 1998
    Val's O'Levels are pretty far away. She gets to rest and relax for her Sec 2 year and then enjoy the fruit that is Sec 3 next year... Waaah!

Alas, *my* O'Level's are occuring this year.

7. darth_nutty

darth_nutty Jedi Youngling

Jan 19, 2001
    LOL! So dumb of me! I didn't realise that there were 2 pages to this thread, so I was wondering how come there were no replies (to page1) for so long.

HumsupFett, that's some collection you have there!!! I didn't realise there were 12" Boba Fetts. I wanna get one too!!!!!!

I've got two Vaders, one of which you already have (the 12" electronic one). I could trade the other one with you, HumsupFett!

I have others, but I don't know if I want to part with those or not.

8. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    Just added Luke Jedi and Old Obi-wan from the above list last Sunday. Both are 12". By the way, I think I have both the Vader (electronic and non electronic ones), what other thing can u trade?
    If you want a Boba Fett 12", it will cost u a BOMB now be it electronics or not (one non-electric cost me $90)....

One question, how long have u been collecting??

9. darth_nutty

Jan 19, 2001
    I started collecting since May 1999, when SW fever grabbed me. I added one new item once every 2 months, so now I have about a dozen collectible items.

Can't think of anything I would wish to trade, 'cos all those that I bought I really wanna keep.

But let's watch Ep2 together!!!

10. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    Thanks man, I would really like to watch a SW film with a person who appreciates it too. But I think I'm giving up this hobby or at least slow down the pace a-lot (not a little). I think getting ONE item every 2 months is really cool, that makes you like the item more. I am like buying a couple every week or two...its killing me financially. Furthermore, my girlfriend ran riot a couple of days ago saying I spent more time on toys and its TOYS TOYS TOYS in my mind all the time. She's actually a little off track, they are toys as well as collectibles. Anyway, she's too important to me than any "TOYS" can replace. Hence, I will want to move myself away from collecting and KEEP A REAL LOW PROFILE from them for a looong time.

By the way, did you manage to buy the trilogy VCD?? They are a must have and I urged you to buy. I know a place who sells them the cheapest (dunno now still cheapest or not), FUNAN Center near the McDonald is a VCD shop and I bought my trilogy there for $46. That was a couple of months back and its the cheapest around. No one can beat that price then.

One curious question from me, are u still studying?? One item every 2 months is like you are loosing out on a lot of new releases huh? Anyway, good for you...this hobby is EXPENSIVE.

Nice to have u here though.

11. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    darth_nutty: Is your screen set for 25 posts a page? Coz I think all of ours are set to 50 instead.

Actually, howlie, I picked up Cantonese coz my Mum and my grandmother sometimes speak Cantonese to some of out relatives. But I can't speak a word :)

12. darth_nutty

Jan 19, 2001
    I know how to speak a little Cantonese 'cos I grew up in KL (born Peranakan in Malacca though).

HumsupFett, I wish I was still studying! I completed NUS a few years ago, and have been working since, which explains my ability to buy SW collectibles.

Anyway, if any of us wish to watch Ep2 with other SW fans we could organise ourselves here in this Forum. I'll watch Ep2 more than once for sure, and at least once it could be with SW fans!

13. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    darth_nutty: You're Peranakan? My Mum's side is Peranakan. They're from Penang, though.

14. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    Hey, I am back. Its been 2 weeks now and I haven't buy a single SW item. That'll be another 6 more weeks before I can equalize Darth-Nutty's record of 2 mth 1 item.

Watching EPII will not be possible for another year or 2, but definitely am honoured to be invited by fellow SW enthusiast. Lets arrange again when it is here.

15. howlrunner22

Oct 24, 1998
    Finally, some FanForce activity. =)

16. darth_nutty

Jan 19, 2001
    Val, you are a fellow Peranakanie! (sounds like a mutated species of Wookie.)

HumsupFett, if your girlfriend ever joins the Fan Force forum, she could log in as HiaoAurra! (Didn't Boba Fett and Aurra Sing hit it off with each other in some comic issue or other?)

But what did you buy 2 weeks ago?

17. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    Oh no, she absolutely HATE (oh, she saw my reply and corrected me, she now only dislike SW :)) StarWars and she couldn't even differentiate Luke from Vader. But funny, she like Yoda...why all old and short fella gets the girl??

OK, 2 weeks ago (should be 3 weeks now), I bought a couple of item actually. I got myself a 12" Jedi Luke and also the 12" old Obi-Wan Kenobi. Actually spend the money my aunty gave for Christmas. My colleagues recently got me a 12" IG-88 for birthday and I am absolutely thrill!! Its a beautiful world isn't it??

18. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    Homework. Homework. More homework. If I'm not here for the next 2 weeks (until the march hols) you know what happened.

*sigh* I'm waiting for maths camp.

19. howlrunner22

Oct 24, 1998
    You don't like homework and yet you can't wait for maths camp?

What's wrong with you girl! =) Do something fun instead.

20. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    Nah, nobody likes homework.
    Nah, nobody likes Maths...let alone a campful of Maths. LOL.

Its so wonderful to be 15, I had my first crush that year and it lasted 6 years.

I failed my first ever exam that year just because my English paper failed by half a point.

I drank my first beer that year.

I watch the first you-know-what movie that year.

Its like the wonder year for me so Val, enjoy it while u can!!

21. RA_ATUM

RA_ATUM Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2000
    Well I read this board regularly even if I don't post..

But as a girl I can say that Yoda is my fav as well.. go figure.. I'm not a collector per se but I do have a 20 cm Yoda from when Star Wars first hit the big screen back in the dark ages..

22. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    Hi RA_ATUM, nice to read from u. So where'r u from?

23. Valiowk

Apr 23, 2000
    HumsupFett: I hate lit homework (now now, howlie, you know I hate lit). But I love Maths :) Oh yes Maths rules :) That's why I'm waiting for Maths camp.

24. HumsupFett

Dec 7, 2000
    Either u like Maths or you hate it, there's just no in-between.

Back to D-N, you fancy owning a Darth Vader Dagobah at a reasonable price? u can visit Toyworkz at Beach Center and they're selling that gem at $17 (saw it last week). But I dun really like that shop, the owner sort of proud nevertheless, they have the cheapest Vader there in town that I know of.
    Do you also know that Aurra Sing, Chewbacca Mechanic & Leia Bespin Escape figures are out? They goes at $51 for a set of 3. Equates back to $17 per pcs.

25. howlrunner22

Oct 24, 1998
    But Lit is about life my dear. Maths is well... maths.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.