main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
  2. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    I really wish I could get into XV. Sure, it's the best one since IX, but that's not exactly a high bar.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Doing a replay of the AC series in anticipation for Odyssey. Currently started IV.

4. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Sounds to me like you need to get into Dragon Quest, that series is much better at scratching that sort of JRPG-y itch, especially these days.

I mean just look at the trailer footage of XI - it's basically IV with much better graphics. It's going to be full of turn based menus and plateau-based grinding thresholds; in other words, awesome.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2018
    Jedi Ben likes this.
  5. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    I am back to playing World of Warcraft. I like the new XPac although like always, Blizzard has server issues during the launch month. lol

6. H-BOMB

H-BOMB Jedi Master star 3

Feb 21, 2009
    For Honor went free on Xbox Live Gold last week so I decided to pick it up, and I've been playing it nonstop. The gameplay is exciting, challenging, and rewarding when I manage to pull of something impressive. And the community's pretty fun and there's a (mostly) friendly rivalry between the three factions on the sort of meta-strategy faction war game behind it all. Glad I grabbed it!

7. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Finally got off my arse and started Red Dead Redemption.

It's only been on the games shelf for a few years (got it just before I got the PS4 then forgot)

I wish I hadn't forgot.

Life, Reynar_Tedros and H-BOMB like this.
  8. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Well not having my baby(PS4) is atleast making use the $554 dust collecter(XB1X) now. I’m playing Titanfall 2 which is my 2nd crack at it and I’m loving it. 1st time I was such a Destiny slave I snubbed my nose at it. Now I’m not a slave, hell haven’t even played Destiny in weeks other then getting on to see the latest update and do 1st mission.

I want my baby back. Ex wife’s husband is attempting to fix it.

9. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    Tomb Raider (2013), going to play this and Rise of the Tomb Raider ready for Shadow of the Tomb Raider coming out September 14th, I am super excited. This is my second play through, initially played it on PC, but it went on offer a while back for PS4. :)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2018
  10. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    KOTOR 2 for the first time. I also have the restored content mod.

11. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    Finished Titanfall 2 today. After having a blast playing this the abrupt ending was unsatisfactory. It felt incomplete to me.

Now playing Halo 5. Feels clunky imo

12. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I'm an old school tomb raider fan and I like the reboot. I just picked up rise on sale last night. I can't wait to finally jump into that. Shadow looks amazing.

Ahsoka's Tano and Moll like this.
  13. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    Rise was really good too! Hope you enjoy it! :) I pre-ordered shadow about a month ago, I can't wait. :)

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    I'd probably have pre-ordered Shadow if I didn't have that little game called Final Fantasy XV on my backlog. I'll definitely get the game at some point within the year or so.

Jedi Ben and Moll like this.
  15. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. Fun diversion to tide me over for the next week+ until Spider-Man comes out. Definitely better to play in handheld mode on the Switch.

themoth likes this.
  16. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Mahjong. By which I mean Yakuza Kiwami 2, but we all know what I'm really doing, let's not kid ourselves.

Life and Jedi Ben like this.
  17. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Finished Red Dead Redemption last weekend (Some stranger stories to do)

Now finally playing Mass Effect as a result of the abuse I got at work after admitting I'd never played it.

Have been advised to skip one and gone straight in at ME2.

It's rather good

18. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    Whoever told you to skip ME1 was a moron.

Son of a Bith and Jedi Ben like this.
  19. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Don't, go back and start with 1, it changes how you view 2.

ME2's plot recap doesn't do 1 justice.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2018
  20. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    To be fair he told me it was good but not as good as ME2 and I could afford to skip ME and go to the second one as it was far superior.

I have been warned that the ME3 ending may annoy me

I shall reconsider getting ME1 then

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    The thing with ME1 is that, for good or ill, it's much closer to "RPG" than "Shooter" compared to every other game in the franchise (and that's already a dicey dichotomy to deal with) - the leveling and inventory management is more involved, you have to traverse pointless open spaces with the odd random fight in your poorly handling overworld transit vehicle, some things that became class abilities were just equipment differences (so I actually changed classes going into ME2 to keep different ammo types, for example), &c. So in some key ways it's aged the most poorly, buuuuuut that also means if you don't start with it it's that much harder to go back to, whereas if you play it up front you'll get the story and won't feel like mechanical regressions have occurred.

Also, real talk, mechanical stuff aside it's a fine game just from a purely plot and world building standpoint.

Life, Mia Mesharad and Jedi Ben like this.
  22. Mustafar_66

May 20, 2005
    ME2 is better, but mainly because of the groundwork laid by the first game. You're gonna meet characters from the first game and it won't have the impact because you've not spent 60 hours as shipmates.

Mass Effect is my favourite game franchise and hearing someone say to not bother with a third of it almost physically pains me. I envy people who get to experience for the first time.

Life likes this.
  23. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    I'd agree with Ramza's summary - 1 is more RPG than 2 is, but it also opens some quite cool doors for quests and character decisions that 2 doesn't do quite so much of. 2 is more streamlined because they've learnt from the first one.

Like you, I played ME2 first because ME1 wasn't available on PS3. Did the recap, picked some decisions, thought that covered it. When I got around to playing ME1, I found there was a lot that recap missed out, including some pretty epic sequences and decisions

Life likes this.
  24. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Just wrapped up Uncharted: The Lost Legacy yesterday, so moved on to replaying the original inFAMOUS, from 2007. Planning to replay both it and inFAMOUS 2, though who knows if I'll have the stamina to complete both twice for both Karma paths.

inFAMOUS certainly shows it's age, the textures and effects are pretty low quality compared to today's stuff, but I still love the fun powers, and the unique urban style the original had.

Life and heels1785 like this.
  25. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    Far superior from a gameplay perspective, sure, but if you're going in for gameplay, there are better third person shooters than Mass Effect for you.

ME > ME2 > ME3, IMHO. Not that they necessarily get worse, I just have fond memories of replaying the original Mass Effect many times, whereas I played 2 and 3 once apiece and have since forgotten most of what they contain (Thane's badassery notwithstanding).