main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What are you currently playing?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Sep 3, 2009.

1. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    I played through the demo/ chapter 1 of Deltarune a few days ago (the follow-up of Undertale). Really looking forward to the full game.

2. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    Stardew Valley on the switch - Playing it now and again when I get the chance. I really enjoy this game, reminds me of Harvest moon soooo much.

DarthJaceus likes this.
  3. DarthJaceus

DarthJaceus Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 6, 2016
    I've been playing Battlefront II (2017), Grievous just came out so thats awesome. Also been playing MechWarrior 4: Mercenaries on my PC and I'm tempted to get back into WarCraft III here soon.

Oh, and Fallout 4. This is my 3rd playthrough.

Son of a Bith and cane_danko like this.
  4. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Just got Hitman 2. And although it took 2 hrs to install onto the XOne, I'm enjoying it thus far.

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Been playing Final Fantasy XV for the past couple of weeks now. I had recently borrowed Kingsglaive from my library to get me more familiar with the story. There's certainly a lot going on here; and I don't expect to complete the game anytime soon.

cane_danko likes this.
  6. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    About to try out Civ VI: Rise and Fall expansion for the first time, looking forward to learning the new features.

7. Ichor_Razor

Ichor_Razor Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 6, 2004
    Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith

Also off & on The Lost & Damned GTA 4 DLC

8. QsAssistant

QsAssistant Jedi Master star 3

Apr 13, 2011
    I'm currently trying to complete so many games. Right now I'm focused on Spider-Man (PS4), Red Dead Redemption 2, and Celeste. After I beat those I'm going to focus on Octopath Traveler.

9. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Did a chunk of the main plot in Yakuza Kiwami 2 and it ended up being a combination of the great and the awful.

The great was the trip to Omi Alliance HQ, which went the way I expected - walk in, fight your way out. For the most part, that was well done with Kiryu beating the crap out of everyone. The one weakness were the guys holding chairs and whacking you when you get close. Why? One of them I throw a hand grenade at! Result? Health bar reduction, but the guy is still just standing there. Nothing touches them, nothing hurts them - the game should have Kiryu doing a run-up and then a swift boot to the nuts, but nope.

The awful was the Ryuji Goda boss fight. Now, it is expected that the boss will be harder than its underlings but this was dumb. The “challenge” offered by Goda was composed of:

• Unstoppable combo attack after you hit a few times - you cannot interrupt this either, he feels no pain. (As the fight goes on, he gets more moves added to this super combo)
    • Predictable dodge
    • Arbitrarily blocking your hold and heat moves once you’ve hit him enough
    It all adds up to the game having you take him out with a super heat attack because there’s no way to take out the ****er. Now maybe, maybe, that was OK a decade or so back, but this is a game remake. Someone should have improved this a lot because as it was? Kiryu tears through the goons and then has a difficulty spike with Goda that is laughably blatant and transparent. It was a terrible boss fight.

The game then followed that up a short while later with a ‘get person to clinic before health runs out’ minigame that was also awful.

Were it not that the way the game spins its story, with the characters it has, is superb and beating up goons so much fun, these sequences would have done more damage to it.

10. cane_danko

cane_danko Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 2, 2018
    Battlefront 2. I still have not unlocked obiwan because i only do a few matches a week lately.

11. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I started Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey last week. I’ve done 12 hours so far and feel like I’ve barely scratched the surface. The game is enormous with so much content. But so far I’m really enjoying it. It hasn’t given me the same feeling Origins did at the start, but I’m sure it will get better as it goes.

12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Last night I played the timed trial demo of Shadow of the Tomb Raider for a little over an hour until its conclusion. It's certainly a game I look forward to getting eventually; I'm just caught up in Final Fantasy XV as well as playing a season of MLB The Show 18, so getting the new Tomb Raider game now at close to launch price doesn't make sense.

13. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    just got a ps4 and battlefront 2 if you want to play my psn is El_Borak_77

14. QuiWanKenJin

QuiWanKenJin Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2005
    I am currently playing Arkham Origins and I am looking for help from anyone who is familiar with it! [face_waiting]

15. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    Well.... since I just now realized that they've has KOTOR 1 and 2 on XBOX ONE for a year now I'm playing that. I waited like 2 years for them to add it then gave up about a year ago lol.

Grievousdude likes this.
  16. Reynar_Tedros

Reynar_Tedros Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 3, 2006
    After finishing Red Dead Redemption II, I went back and started playing through the original Red Dead Redemption again. It's really cool going through the story with all the added context RDR2 gives you. It's aged very well.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
  17. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    Lego City Undercover

Was bought this for my birthday back in October, but did not have time to play it initially. Started it yesterday and it is alright so far, not as good as the Lego games that are based on movies, but it is good enough.

18. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    I’m at over 30 hours on Assassin’s Creed: Odyssey currently, and loving it. It doesn’t feel linear at all, but instead it feels like you can make your own journey, and do whatever you want whenever you want. And I finally got out my copy of Lego Star Wars: The Force Awakens, and started playing it with my sister. We’ll slowly finish that over the next month or so.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    Moll and darkspine10 like this.
  19. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Started inFamous: First Light two days ago, which is an expansion to inFamous: Second Son, but can be played on its own as well. I am halfway through it, and I can report that playing as Abigail Walker is a lot more fun than Delsin Rowe from the main game, for a number of reasons. Firstly, she is much faster and more agile than Delsin was, which makes zipping through the city fun by itself. There is a joyful exhilaration to traversing the city with Abigail's power set, effortlessly leaping across rooftops. By contrast, traversing the map in the main game soon begins to feel like a chore, thankfully mitigated by warp points.

Secondly, being that her powers emphasise speed, they necessitate a fast-paced playing style focused on outmaneuvering your enemies and quickly switching targets, which keeps you on your toes. Her powers are also more fun to play with, because they are all geared towards facilitating this style of play, rather than being a mixed bag of everything. You might say that a more rounded and diverse suite of abilities to facilitate multiple fighting styles would have been better game design. I personally find a game demanding you to excel at one specific style of playing to be a legitimate design philosophy.

Lastly, I find the story more engaging than Delsin's as well, even though it's just as predictable and riddled with clichés. Maybe the delivery is better.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    Ahsoka's Tano and darkspine10 like this.
  20. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Yakuza Kiwami 2: The Majima Saga

Saga? I can only imagine Majima’s response to this line of pure hyperbole. This is a fun one to two hours of side content that acts as a mini-prequel to the main story.

But… There’s no leveling up, no food EXP, no substories, no skills to develop - this is as stripped back a piece of content as you’ll ever see.

It’s a shame because Yakuza Zero made extensive use of Majima as a playable character, but this is a far cry from that earlier game.

It works OK, Majima’s fun to play but he only has a couple of heat moves and a couple of attack sequences too. It’s all too limited to realise anywhere near its full potential. That would have required quite a bit more development time, but I think it would have been worth it.

21. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I never even played inFamous: Second Son before buying the standalone DLC. I like the female protagonist with essentially the same characters as the one from the main game.

22. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Well, this is a bummer... When I bought my digital copy of Second Son, I bought the complete edition with the DLC mission "The Paper Trail" included. However, I always put off playing it for a later time, because it required signing up an account online for a meta-game of sorts where you play half of it in the real world in a browser, and it always felt like a hassle to do it. It involved uploading the evidence found in the game to your online account and studying it there. But today I finally wanted to put in the hassle to do it, only to find that I just missed it by a few days. The online interface was discontinued on the 18th. :( Now the mission just consists of going to a location, picking up the items there and getting a waypoint on the map for the next location. I'm gutted. :(

darkspine10 likes this.
  23. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    I went through that hassle a few years ago, wasn't particularly fun to be honest, just a lot of tedious extra busywork.

Life likes this.
  24. Life

Life Jedi Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    The other mistake I made was waiting until having finished the campaign. It would have probably felt more engrossing if I did the DLC missions in parallel with the ongoing story.

darkspine10 likes this.
  25. Moll

Moll Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2016
    Burly Men at Sea

It was released for free on ps+ a while back and only just got round to playing it. So far, it is good but very short. I am going through each of the endings, there are 12 in total :)

Life likes this.