main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Are You Doing Instead of Celebration?

Discussion in 'Was Going To Cele2020 Instead I Got This Forum' started by LAJ_FETT , Aug 26, 2020.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Besides coming here, that is. Obviously people who were due to travel had time off from work booked or school holidays but that all went south after Corona. Are you treating yourself to anything special instead or are you traveling locally instead (if you can)?

2. Sadie Erso

Sadie Erso Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2020
    Hmmmm.... I'm treating myself to books, movies, sugar, and of course, this forum!

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
    MotivateR5D4 likes this.
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I wasn't due to go but I've definitely been treating myself to books since this all started. Unfortunately my purchases have had to be done online since the local Waterstones was closed until late July and there hasn't really been anything coming out in August that I'd have ventured into town to buy. I prefer to browse and buy locally but Amazon UK gets a good chunk of my money as well since local stores don't have some of the mystery/SF/horror books I want.

Sadie Erso likes this.
  4. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Just enjoying the last weekend of summer. Watching a little Clone Wars this week, probably will put on the movies over the weekend. Hanging out on the forum and doing the trivia.

Sadie Erso likes this.
  5. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    Me and the coordinatior for ski jumping officials in Sweden (who is also my sister) have been in a bit of quarrelling since she published the schedule for who works which competition, and she has me scheduled this week. She claims that I had agreed to the date in the autumn, while I claim that's impossible since I had my SWC tickets before that. Now that's not a problem anymore and I'm off for a weekend of child/youth ski jumping competitions.

Oh, and I'm working overtime this week, since we are understaffed due to corona, so definitely not treating myself with more than daydreaming of what this week could have been like.

6. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    Probably should pay off my “The Child” Sideshow order with the extra money

Tomorrow there is a live gameplay of the LEGO SW game so I’ll probably check that out as well. I love those LEGO games

ChrisLyne and MotivateR5D4 like this.
  7. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah - I liked the two I had for the PS2.

8. Padme501st

Padme501st Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2006
    And now they just announced the game won’t come out till next year

9. groove790

groove790 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 16, 2010
    I'm working, which is exactly what I would have been doing anyway. I couldn't swing it this year so I was happy it got cancelled. Now I don't have to break my perfect attendance streak of all US Celebrations since CV.
    I'm also breaking in my 3d printer that arrived Monday. I'm currently printing Mandalorian and Child ear savers. Hopefully I won't have a need for those at Celebration 2022...

10. Jedi_Five

Jedi_Five Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 2010
    Working... :(
    Planning to watch the Star Wars show videos at some point tonight. I also plan to watch that panel on Sunday! :bluesaber:

11. j-jawa3

j-jawa3 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 4, 2004
    I'm glad this was cancelled this year- besides the Scrourge ravaging the world, I have lots of yard work to do(6 acres of it) a dog recovering from knee surgery, my foot recovery from surgery( can't have foot pain at Cele.!) going to the beach.(WA. state)

12. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Going through all our costumes at the moment as we've both lost weight recently. Working out what can be salvaged/reworked and what we need to completely redo. At least we have 2 years now to get any new things done.

Planning on finishing Rebels Season 2 tonight as well since it's Rebels Saturday at Celebration :)

13. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    Watching Clone Wars and reading NJO

ChrisLyne likes this.
  14. Jedi_Five

Jedi_Five Jedi Master star 1

Jul 23, 2010
    I've watched some videos, reading comments on Twitter (on the SWC account). Not much else, as I try to rest. I had a tough week.
    I'm very challenged at work and it's been like that for several months. I am currently on a special program with a reduced salary. So I'm glad that Celebration was cancelled. I'm hoping that my job situation will be all fixed soon and I'm planning Anaheim 2022 to be my best Celebration yet! The first step is saving money, needs lots of it... travelling to Anaheim is an expensive trip!

15. Sadie Erso

Sadie Erso Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2020
    On Saturday, my sisters and I watched the whole Skywalker Legacy Documentary... I almost cried.