main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What are your Prized Collectibles & Holy Grails?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jun 1, 2011.

1. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I'm always curious to see what people love and what they long to own in the world of STAR WARS collecting.

So what are your most prized collectibles (could be most expensive, rarest, or sentimental) and why?

And what items are your Holy Grails? What do you long to get your mitts on but have thus far remained out of reach?

Finally have you ever obtained any of your Holy Grails? If so did it/they live up to your expectations?

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    My big Holy Grail would be the lifesize Boba Fett statue, but don't ask me where I'd put it!

I did get one of my other Grails as a gift - it was the Attakus Boba Fett statue. I also have the Jango to go along with it. I'd say the Boba is the most expensive thing in my collection. Also 'up there' in the expensive range are the MR Jango blasters and the signature Code 3 Slave I.

3. Darth-Dogfish-Head

Darth-Dogfish-Head Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2004
    I have a few...

The Kenner die cast Falcon my parents got me when I had wished on a star and asked for it.

The Kenner die cast tie bomber, because it's fairly hard to find.

The original Bantha Tracks newsletters.

Those are the ones that stick out in my mind. I recently went though my parents attic and brought home all my original Kenner SW toys that I had as a kid. It was great to see them all again!

4. WIERD_GREEN_MAN

WIERD_GREEN_MAN Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 16, 2010
    My Force FX lightsaber, mainly because it was on sale for $65.
    I absolutely love my Marc Ecko Fett for Real hoodie.

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Oh man I'd forgotten about those, I'm pretty sure that I still have some of those and they didn't get chucked. I'll have to hunt for them as I'm unpacking things! If I find them I should scan them so others can enjoy reading them :)

Most Treasured items:

My Illusive Concepts ESB life sized Yoda. He's the most expensive item in my collection. I really wanted that Yoda when I first saw him announced because he looked just like the muppet that I saw on display in San Franciso at the Yerba Beuna Garden center (this incidentally was the very first time that LFL put any of their treasures on display - it was such a hit that it spawned the Magic of the Myth tour and all other costume/prop tours since then - another grail of mine is to get a poster from that event because I lost mine in one of my moves :_| ) Back to Yoda...at the time I sold stuff at doll shows and after one show I sold enough stuff that I was able to get Yoda. He's traveled across country with me twice from CA to MA to AZ with 2 local moves also added. He finally now has his own awesome shelf for display and is surrounded by some of my favorite other Yodas.

Kenner 12" scale IG-88. IG-88 is the rarest and hardest to find of the vintage 12" line of figures. Even w/ ebay he's hard to come by. I managed to get mine now many years ago for a great price. He's missing his gun and a finger is broken, but I don't really care. To me, the mileage can make collectibles more interesting.

My 3 3/4" scale prototypes collection. Several years ago I scored a ton of awesome prototype/factory test figures from Hong Kong. I got nearly a whole set of the original Clone Wars figures, Anakin & Padme from AOTC, Obi-Wan, and a few others. I love the prototypes because they're unique and when placed side by side w/ their factory painted versions - it makes for awesome, fun displays to look at.

Holy Grails:

Acquired - well IG-88 was a holy grail of mine that was long since checked off.

Another was from the original 1981 Raiders of the Lost Ark 3 3/4" figure line. I always wanted a Marion Ravenwood but they're rare & expensive. She also has a fabric dress that is usually gone or gets icky quickly. Imagine my surprise when I was out on one of my thrift shop excursions and I found the motherload of all motherloads. I sifted through the bags filled w/ toys and snatched one up and couldn't believe what I was seeing, after scouring the area to make sure that I didn't miss anything else, I pretty much raced to the cashier and got out there with my prize. In my bag - there was a Cairo Swordsman w/ Sword, loose but in mint condition. Then also in the bag were Indiana Jones, Toht, and Marion Ravenwood. Each of these 3 were individually sealed in factory plastic bags. All 3 had their complete accessories - Marion's dress was sparkling white and she had her monkey. I got the entire bag - for $2.99. I turned around and sold Indy (who I already had) for $55 to pay for the my shopping trips. The others I still have.

My biggest grail is the Robert Tonner Queen Amidala FAO Schwartz 16" fashion doll trunk set. There were very few of these made - sometimes you can find the doll by herself on ebay (they sold a few more of those individually,) but the whole set together is just amazing. *Sigh* The problem is these are now sooo expensive on the secondary market that even if I had the money and the ability to buy a set, I probably wouldn't because I don't think I can justify plopping down a couple grand for a couple of dolls with their clothes :_|

6. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Most prized would be my ROTJ reading book with record and ROTJ lunch box. Both original and were mine in early 1980's as were my 10 original 3 1/2 figures that survived the moves as a child. (R2D2, C3PO, Han small head, Admiral Akbar, 4Lom, Princess Leia, Emperor, Rebel Transport bottom piece, Weequay, Bib Fortuna, and Tessek Squidman

7. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    I have a couple prized collectibles that are quite sentimental too:

First in sentiment is my original Boba Fett figure, I've had it since I was a baby. For real. My parents had two kids and figured if #3 is on the way it might like Star Wars as well so they sent away for three Boba Fett figures. :)

The second is a Boba Fett figure, the 500th figure edition, I had signed when I met Jeremy Bullock at a 501st event. So awesome meeting someone fromt he original Star Wars trilogy. And he was so nice, I had made a Fett t-shirt to wear and he complimented me on it.

http://a538.ac-images.myspacecdn.com/images01/15/l_bfffdc47be6a777991db1bdc99bdf351.jpg

8. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I think you mean the 300th figure for that Boba - I have a few of them, in and out of the packaging, and both the error and 'correct' packaging. It's my favorite small Boba figure. The same one was used to make the 'silver' Boba that came out later.

I've also met Jeremy Bulloch at a collecting show here in the UK - a heck of a nice guy. I bought a copy of his book Flying Solo from him as well and he signed it.

Edit - 500th figure was Vader in his chamber.

9. hothie

hothie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2004
    My prized collectible, also known as "The Heirloom" is a framed 24X36 ESB gone with the wind style poster signed by Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill, Carrie Fisher, and George Lucas. Unfortunately at my last house it was in sunlight so the signatures faded a little, but they're still visible. Where I live now it's in the basement to keep it out of the sunlight. I could change the glass out, I know, but it would void the CoA.

I guess my Holy Grail would be the 20 or so Lego sets that I need to be 100% complete. Still working towards that goal...

10. twitch11

twitch11 Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2011
    I have a pair of Original Star Wars Adidas Hi Top Chewbaccas shoes.

These are still in its original packaging with all tags still attached. Extremely rare. They were limited edition and wont be made again.

Sorry - no advertising..

11. pretender

pretender Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 8, 2001
    300, 500, who's counting? :p I guess Hasbro is. ;)

12. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Well, seeing as the Fett's actually billed as the 300th on the package, that makes it easy to count.. :p

13. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    Most prized: Original Greedo. Though, my pic of me hugging Zuckuss at a book signing is a pretty darn close second.

Holy Grail: Any of the ArtFX statues, especially Zuckuss. I just simply cannot afford them without putting myself in debt. The AT-AT figure/playset, too.

14. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    Original Millenium Falcon (played with quite a bit but still being stored in its original box).

My favorite piece currently on display on a shelf would be Boba Fett unleashed. Not the rarest thing in the world but I love it.

Also my Force FX Lightsabers.

15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I like the Boba Fett Unleashed as well. I remember the long wait from announcement to fulfillment on that figure. That's one line I wish they had continued.

16. Mortimer_Snerd

Mortimer_Snerd Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 14, 2004
    Me too. I never aquired the Darth Maul or Vader Unleashed ones. That makes me sad.

17. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I don't have Maul but I did snag Vader and I have Leia packed away somewhere as well.

18. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    If you keep watching on ebay, the Unleashed figures have rather fallen out of favor and you can get good deals on them.

19. AricaBolts

AricaBolts Jedi Knight star 1

May 20, 2011
    My Favorite things are the three Pins my dad gave me and my sister from when he was a kid (Black Vader Mask, Gold 3P0 and Silver R2)

A holy Grail i was able to get was the R2d2 popcorn Bucket at Disneyland, they closed the stand on our last day due to rain, but a friendly castmember helped us aquire it!

and the Holy Grail i'm still looking for is the 'Star Wars 3.75 Vintage Figure Bastila Shan' still looking for that one, but boy am i having fun!

also i have good memories to go with my Savage Opress Posters and T-shirts (from the screening) and the Amidala and Handmaiden Poster (one of those when they put your face in there, me and my sister are the haidmaidens.) i guess that's not really a colectors item, but it is to me!

And that's all that's in my colection (other then a pair of PJ pants from wal*mart and a couple of T-shirts from Sears...) I hope to Build it up someday!

May the Force Be with you in getting another one of those Posters (i know the feeling, when my dad moved out of Grandma's house she Chucked his action figures and other Collectables! *Gasp!*)

Arica.

20. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Great stuff you guys have.

I would call my cream of the crop my life size cardboard Vader ROTS stand which I saved from a closing Blockbuster store.

I have a Gentle Giants Fett and Maul.

Purple, blue, green, and red Force FX lightsabers.

Original Trilogy Collection 12" Fett in both blue and gray.

I have 20 Force Unleashed figs pinned to my dining room wall.

I could go on.

21. SithLordKobe

SithLordKobe Jedi Knight star 3

Jul 31, 2007
    Hmmm....

Prized Collectibles: Sideshow Collectibles Comic-Con Exclusive 12" Aayla Secura, Hasbro Comic-Con Exclusive Cyborg Darth Maul/Owen Lars comic book 2-pack

Holy Grails: Sideshow Collectibles Comic-Con Exclusive 12" (unsuited) Darth Vader, Sideshow Collectibles 12" (suited) Darth Vader

22. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Well I still haven't gotten my hands on the Robert Tonner Queen Amidala giftset, but I got 2 custom painted Padme Robert Tonner dolls that rather make up for that - so I'm happy :)

23. CommanderXGhost

CommanderXGhost Jedi Youngling

Oct 19, 2012
    My favs are my Old Republic Trooper (2012 TVC) and Darth Malgus (TVC 2012) and anything else TVC I've acquired recently. Nothing fancy at all, and nothing of great value, but I love them alot.

24. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    My most prized items are a small pewter Yoda statue my dad gave to me when I was a kid, and the original 1976 paperback novelization of Star Wars I found at Half-Price Books, the cover signed by Ralph McQuarrie. I paid 1 dollar for it.

My holy grails would be the lifesize 3PO and R2 statues from Sideshow, or any Star Wars arcade game or pinball machine. I know I'll never get them unless the lottery fairy leaves a winning ticket under my pillow...

DarthJaceus likes this.
  25. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I can scratch the ArtFX Zuckuss statue off my list of Holy Grails, as I bought a previously-displayed one off eBay for cheap. Instead, I add the Medicom 4-LOM figure and any future Zuckuss figure made by Sideshow, as those are too expensive for me.

Though, they have a payment plan...

Hm...