main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What are your Prized Collectibles & Holy Grails?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jun 1, 2011.

1. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    I agree. That will be a 'must-have' on my list as well. It's speaks to my core collection. I don't know anybody going... yet.

2. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Does anyone else own these Bounty Hunter bust-ups box set? They're some of my favourite SW things I have. I picked them up in Australia a few years ago for $30 AUD, but the Darth Vader in the set came with two heads and no body... Oh well, he was just an extra in the box set anyway.
    [​IMG]

3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've got a Fett Bust-Up but I don't think it's that one.

4. Darth Venator

Darth Venator Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 1, 2013
    I'm contemplating learning the art of contortion so I can sneak onto a plane inside a suitcase, then sneak into SDCC tucked inside someone else's costume?

...Seems like the easiest option right now :p

I don't, but I think they look awesome. I've been trying to get hold of series 4 [RotS] - (mainly for Sidious but the rest are nice too) but I can't seem to find a set in the UK that isn't ridiculously priced or one in the US that will ship to the UK!

Amazon and eBay aside what other sites do my fellow UK collectors use?

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I've used the Entertainer's website in the past as my local store is a small one.

6. Aaronaman

Aaronaman Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 12, 2013
    My most valued collectible would have to be my Boba Fett figure I got when I was young....he's probably the most beat up Boba around but he's been with me the whole time, through University exams, my OE, Army training, everything. As for holy grail that's hard because every time I see something that I think is the ultimate something else seems to pop up haha

7. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Force FX Lightsabers.

Gentle Giants Fett and Maul.

Original and updated McQuarrie Stormtrooper fig.

Celebration 3 Exclusive Vader, I have two.

Spudtrooper and Darth Tater.

I have a wall of Unleashed figs.

This:

[​IMG]

Darth Venator likes this.
  8. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I just relized I posted almost the exact same post about 2 years ago on page 1 of this thread. :p

9. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    I've seen them on eBay and have been really tempted to pick them up. Or at least a couple of them. Problem is I'm starting to run low on shelf space. Time to put away some items...

10. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    I netted a Vintage Collection RotS Sidious today, and I couldn't be happier, that swine has evaded my Palpatine collection for too long, thank you eBay!

Would've liked to have paid a bit less - what with him being loose and all (I open them anyway but I kinda like to keep the cards), but I still paid less than half of whats being asked for MOC at least! ...Now there's just the agonising wait for it to be delivered and praying it arrives and remains undamaged, urk!

...And now I need a new figure to spend a month of my life rigorously hunting down :p

11. Darth Venator

Mar 1, 2013
    ...he arrived!

12. Lord_Dubi

Lord_Dubi Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 3, 2012
    Probably my ever growing autograph collection. As for other collectibles, my 2002 NY Toy Fair moc silver anniversary Darth Vader and the POTJ Aurra Sing (took a long time to hunt one down at the time)...back from the days when I collected the action figure line.

13. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I don't have the silver Vader but I do have a couple of the silver Fetts..

Lord_Dubi likes this.
  14. DarthInventus

DarthInventus Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2013
    I have an Ewing that I found dumpster diving outside of Galoob. It is gold-ish? and I found the pilot lying on the parking lot next to a wheel. I also found a Micro Machines Luke X wing Dagobah Version. The box is petty beat up but it says NY Toy Fair on it. The X wing is complete with Luke, R2, some seaweed? and a snake.

I would love a flying Xwing......

15. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    Id say now that my Boba Fett helemt that I got Temuera Morrison to sign is high up on my list of collectibles.....I know a lot of people will say "he's Jango not Boba" but his voice is on the new editions of Empire and any new movie that's released with Boba in it has to be Tem.

It's cool watching AOTC and knowing that Jangos had my helmet on to hahaha

16. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Vintage collection of figures. Every one except last 17, Jabba's band, etc. And oh, Darth Revan and Malak. best day ever buying at Wal Mart back in '06

17. Kweh-chan

Kweh-chan Jedi Master star 1

Mar 7, 2006
    My prized collectibles are my two holographic Nute Gunray figures, and my original Joe Corroney Lott Dod sketch. I've wanted a holo Nute since I was 13, and I never thought I'd own one, let alone two; I love them very dearly. As for the sketch, I've been a fan of Mr. Corroney's art for just as long, and even had the pleasure of interviewing him for a podcast, last year. I'm overjoyed that I have one of his sketches in my collection, but the fact that it's the Lott Dod one, my favourite Star Wars character, makes it all the more special.

My holy grail...that's going to be a bit more difficult to get. There's a statue of Nute Gunray and Rune Haako that was apparently a crew gift when Episode I was made, and I'm dying to get my hands on one. I know I'm probably more likely to track down and buy every holo Nute in existence, before I find one of those statues, but I live in hope :)

18. TrakNar

TrakNar Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 4, 2011
    My newly-acquired Javva the Hutt t-shirt is now on my list of most-prized collectibles. Though, I'm not going to have it framed or anything.

I'm going to wear that shirt until it disintegrates!

JUKE-SKYWALKER likes this.
  19. The Laserbrain

The Laserbrain Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2013
    I've recently acquired mint, still sealed copies of the original ANH and ROTJ vinyl soundtracks. ^:)^ These have become my holy grails. Now the hunt is on for TESB!

20. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Those are definitely on my list as well. I've bid on a few over the years (mostly ANH) when the mood struck, but I haven't made a full-on effort yet. Odd that I do have a mint sealed copy of the ST II: TWOK score though :confused:(It was cheap!).

21. Aaronaman

Mar 12, 2013
    My first edition of ANH has always been one of most prized possesions......I did have a British first edition of ESB but have recently hunted down a US copy.

22. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Are there major differences between the British and U.S. releases?

23. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    NICE!

24. Emperor Von Schweetz

Emperor Von Schweetz Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 12, 2012
    [​IMG]

This is a little strange, because most of yours are really hard to find, or expensive. I found the larger of the two at Walmart for $11 (the one with the bunny ears was an Easter gift). But he's probably my favorite Star Wars toy, because of the fact that he talks, and I get some excellent reactions out of friends when we're driving, hit a bump, and Darth starts talking.

But you do not know true fear until you shut your car door at night, and hear the Darth Vader breathing.

LadyJediscientist and TrakNar like this.
  25. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    LOL that's awesome :)

Emperor Zombie likes this.