main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What are your Prized Collectibles & Holy Grails?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Smile_youS.O.B

Smile_youS.O.B Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2014
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Just off the top of my head. I'm a big collector of Sixth Scale figures and Premium format figures from Sideshow.

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. Big_Benn_Klingon

Big_Benn_Klingon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2013
    I have a large collection including a fair amount of 'high end' collectables, but my prize pieces are an old kenner stormtrooper - which is the only remnant of my original childhood collection, and a ROTS line clone trooper - which was the first figure that got me collecting again.

3. LadyJediscientist

LadyJediscientist Jedi Knight

Jun 22, 2007
    Prized items of my collection are my autographed first editions of the Thrawn Trilogy, Luke's landspeeder (1984 edition) which once belonged to my younger brother, Lucasfilm/Star Wars Insider back issues, Her Universe charm bracelet and my Star Wars scrapbooks.:D

whostheBossk likes this.
  4. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    Autographed first editions of Thrawn Trilogy? Sweet! I have a Zhan signed Thrawn figure.

5. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    One of my most prized SW-related objects is this pencil sketch, done for me by the inimitable Joe Corroney back in 2001:

[​IMG]

I had recently picked up Alien Encounters (1998) and wrote to him to ask if the drawing of the Gand on p. 57 was by him. He said no, it wasn't, but he could draw me one. And of course how could I say no? When I took it to be custom framed, the framer didn't seem quite sure what to make of it—he wrote it down on the invoice as "character with gas mask."

Besides that, I have a particular fondness for all the custom figures and dolls I used to make back in the day, though I don't have space to display it at present. Much of what I have that isn't customized is Zuckuss-centered; I recently found my Kotobukiya Zuckuss statue in a box in a closet, and pulled it out to display in my office.

DarthJaceus, whostheBossk and TrakNar like this.
  6. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    [​IMG]

Here's another one. It's been within my grasp a few times, but I decided to hold off.

7. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    [​IMG]

Here's a couple from my collection. Only one is Star Wars, but the others are so cool.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Grievousdude likes this.
  8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    Oh my, Smile_youS.O.B, for a moment I thought the second picture was an actual person in costume! Amazing detailing!

9. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    Yes, humans are tough to do in statues and make them look real. The Mola Ram statue is one of the few that turned out really well.

10. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    Part of it is the perspective in the photo—the table and doorway visible behind Mola Ram really do look as though they're his size, which in turn makes the whole thing look as though it's full-size. If that makes sense.

Smile_youS.O.B likes this.
  11. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    It's hard for me to say because I took the photo and I instantly recognize the background. In this one, though, it looks even more life size

[​IMG]

12. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    OK, yes, that most definitely looks very life-size!

Smile_youS.O.B likes this.
  13. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    My only collectibles (and thus my prized ones) are a handful of figures from the TPM/AOTC era. I was 12/15 when those films were released, so they're full of nostalgia.

LadyJediscientist likes this.
  14. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I like that Mola Ram..

15. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    LAJ_FETT

It's a stunning piece and a good first piece to get due to it not being as expensive of some of the other Premium Format figures. I paid 220 for him on the secondary market, and while that might still be a huge sum to the average 3.75 collector, but the average price of PF's are a lot more than that and this was a bargain.

Also, on a lot of PF's they give you alternate heads and other things.

Click on thumb for bigger picture

[​IMG]

16. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I don't collect Indy but if I did I'd probably have to get that.

17. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    Yeah, I'm not big into collecting Indiana Jones collectibles either, which is funny because Raiders of the Lost Ark is one of my all time favorite films. This statue was too cool to pass up.

18. sharkymcshark

sharkymcshark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2013
    I've got two sets of prized collectibles.

The first is a shelf in my study of the ten Rebel/New Republic and Imperial starfighters from the Action Fleet line (A, B, E, X, Y wings, and TIE Defender, Fighter, Interceptor, Advanced x1, and Bomber) which I put together over the last year or so. Only the TIE Defender and E-Wing cost a lot, but they have a lot of sentimental value to me for various reasons.

I've also got three sabers from Ultrasabers that I cherish - a Graflex (Anakin/Luke hilt), Consular (Qui Gon), and Dark Prophecy (Darth Caedus).

Aside from that I don't actually collect much. Apart from action figures received as a kid that have long since gone missing I don't really have a lot. I've got, and have enjoyed the hell out of, the Boba Fett helmet released a few years ago. A friend got me a 1/6 scale Han Solo for a birthday a while back. I have a few of the Star Wars/Transformers crossovers before I stopped buying them because they were genuinely terrible.

My collecting holy grail is to one day have a series of helmets for my shelf showing the progression of the Stormtroopers. I want Jango, Clone phase 1, Clone phase 2 and Stormtrooper. I am aware this would set me back literally thousands of dollars.

19. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    [

I've always wanted to own a Star Destroyer prop or model Kit. I'd like to look into it one day.​
    Do you have a picture of Dark prophecy? I love EU stuff.​

whostheBossk likes this.
  20. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    Ok, got my display up. Still working on getting room for all my Star Wars figure.

[​IMG]

and here's two pics of the other two clones I have.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. Smile_youS.O.B

Mar 16, 2014
    Not sure if I'm going to keep Boba in that pose. It's cool, but I might go for something different. I'm open to suggestions...

22. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    That would be Boba's relaxed pose. If you want to do an action one, I can suggest when he is aiming the gun to keep both hands on the gun. Just seems like he's a two hand on a gun kinda bounty hunter, ha.
    Send us pics too. I will need to send some of mine soon.

23. Findswoman

Feb 27, 2014
    I like Boba in that relaxed pose—it's be something different, since we see figures of the bounty hunters in tightly-wound action poses so often.

24. DarthWilliams

DarthWilliams Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 29, 2008
    I'm one of those non-collector collectors who was a kid when the PT films were coming out, bought a few figures over the course of those years, and now they are among my most prized possessions. I just came home to my parents for a few days and picked them up to bring back to my place. A "collection" for true collectors to scoff at, for sure, but I love them:
    [​IMG]

whostheBossk and Findswoman like this.
  25. Alanarchy

Alanarchy Jedi Youngling

Apr 21, 2014
    I have a latex C3PO mask in good condition that was signed by Anthony Daniels in 1977. I`ve always been curious as to what the value of it might be.
    Anyone?