main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What are your Prized Collectibles & Holy Grails?

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by PadmeLeiaJaina, Jun 1, 2011.

1. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Got a pic? I'd suggest searching recent eBay auctions to see if any have sold and what they went for without an autograph.

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Humm is it a Don Post mask? Or was it Halloween quality? If it was Don Post it might be worth quite a bit, I know his early masks are pretty highly sought after.

3. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    A frame with all the Star Wars posters and the original film strips that Lucas used when cutting the movies.

4. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014
    These are two pieces I added to my collection recently
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    That Chewie is in great shape! Congrats!

6. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    I love the Kenner role play weapons!

whostheBossk likes this.
  7. lovelikewinter

lovelikewinter Jedi Knight star 4

May 28, 2014
    Thanks. The Chewie came from ebay and I was surprise how soft it was. I think it was hardly played with.

The Kenner blasters are great, they don't look small in an adult hand and are pretty authentic for the time.

8. KeithyT

KeithyT Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 17, 2014
    I used to have the ESB version of Han's blaster above. Really regret selling my childhood Palitoy/Kenner collection back in 2008. As a job lot. Arghh!

9. Smile_youS.O.B

Smile_youS.O.B Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 16, 2014
    As far as vintage goes, my goal some day is to own the original 12back Figures, which Vader being the one I want the most.

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Oh man, I missed out on one today on Ebay, Tusken Raider! But card was cut, but there will be some opportunities in the future to grab one, maybe even Vader!

11. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    My most prized collectible of a Blue Snaggletooth may have been topped when i purchased a lot that included a Yak Face! Has some paint loss but after selling most from the lot it paid for him so i cant complain...a free Yak Face after selling is an unbelievable achievement. Managed to get that Tusken Raider 12 back also!

12. PadmeLeiaJaina

May 23, 2002
    Color me Jealous - he and Stormtrooper Luke are the 2 vintage figures I still need to finish my collection.

whostheBossk likes this.
  13. whostheBossk

Apr 16, 2002
    Ha just lucky that the lot i bought him in had rare figures from other countries MOC. To tell you the truth i get just a big kick of finding items like a Republic Gunship at a thrift store for cheap. That is an awesome feeling too. Great find.

14. Juke Skywalker

Juke Skywalker Force Ghost star 5

Mar 27, 2004
    Wow, great pick-up whostheBossk! Lots are tricky, but if you get lucky you can get the figure(s) you want and piece out the rest, paying for them in the process.

whostheBossk likes this.
  15. Attichitcuk

Attichitcuk Jedi Master star 2

Feb 1, 2001
    1. 1977 Rumpf Chewie tankard
    2. Original teaser poster (reprint), covered with autographs

whostheBossk likes this.
  16. WebLurker

WebLurker Jedi Master star 4

Mar 12, 2016
    Beyond the movies, I'm mostly into getting copies of books (the novels) that I like.

I'd kind of like to upgrade all my old books to the new "Legends" reprints, but I'm not sure how badly I want to spend the money on that (I've gotten most of mine used for a few bucks).

cathiecat likes this.
  17. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Either my hand-made ANH Luke lightsaber:
    [​IMG]

Or my SW: Rebels replica E-11 I made from a Rubies Halloween prop:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

18. CrazyMike

CrazyMike Former Mod & RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 4, 2000
    Very nice Dinos4Ever :)

19. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    well my holy grail is the Robert Tonner Queen Amidala porcelain doll with her trunk of clothes. I see one every now and again, but I never have a couple grand laying around when I see them.

I have a life size ANH Leia. Actually I need a new body for her, the body she has right now is almost 6' tall. I admit I haven't been looking for one though. also I have a drawing of Padme with Leia as a toddler in her lap and Luke looking out the window. It was made for me by Phil Sims, not well known in star wars circles but he is very well known in tattoo circles. One of these days I am going to get it professionally framed, hopefully a day sooner than later. .

20. Scavenger Rey

Scavenger Rey Jedi Youngling

Jan 6, 2018
    Some incredible things in some of the collections here! Both my collection and my grails feel quite humble, but I'm relatively new to actively collecting Star Wars stuff (only over the past 2-and-a-bit years, and mostly on a student's budget), so I've got plenty of time and hopefully future money to get more ambitious.

Probably my main grails so far are the Hot Toys Hoth Leia and Rey with BB-8, and the D23 Premium Elite Series Hoth Leia. Since I almost don't want to go down the slippery slope of Hot Toys, I'd say the latter is what I'd be most tempted to cough up for now if I had a sudden windfall.

If pushed to pick one favourite from what I've got so far, I'd say I'm perhaps most fond of either my Rey Pop with the X-Wing helmet - which I'm not entirely sure ever even officially made it to any big UK retailers - or my Black Series Rey's Speeder (or rather, the accompanying Scavenger Rey figure, whose use of soft goods I adore). Both easy enough to get hold of in many places, but finding them affordably in the UK at the time was no mean feat and I treasure them both.

cathiecat and PadmeLeiaJaina like this.
  21. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    My most treasured SW ship model is my Venator. It's my favourite ship design, and the diecast models are really expensive second-hand these days.

Sure, the control towers of the model are angled weirdly, but it's worth it for the chance to have a Venator.

22. BLemelisk

BLemelisk Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 19, 2003
    Collection holy grail would absolutely be an Action Fleet TIE Defender mint in box. That was the finest toy line when I was a kid, playing with scale models with operable parts.

And if I pick one up off eBay because they’re for sale there constantly, I’d probably take it out of that box.

23. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Most prized - photo with Mark Hamill from Celebration
    Most sentimental - POTF Jedi Luke figure, my first Star Wars figure
    Grail - can't say I'd put much thought into this as it would probably be something from the films (like Luke's lightsaber) and way, way, way above my price range even if the opportunity did come up! More in the realm of maybe possible if I get incredibly lucky would be getting George Lucas to autograph either my blu-ray Saga set or my 97 Special Edition video set.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2018
  24. PotatoFighter

PotatoFighter Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2018
    Going to be honest, my Holy Grail is probably the Droids A-Wing.
    Coolest looking ship, and definitely one of the hardest to find from the 80's molds.

25. SlamSlayer1

SlamSlayer1 Jedi Master star 3

Nov 5, 2012
    Definitely my Vaders Vault lightsaber collection. I have an ESB Vader coming from them in the next week or two with their awesome new plecter pixel blades. I'll post it when I get it

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]