main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What character or characters are your favorite(s) to write?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Darth-Lutgerous, Aug 28, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Who is hard to write? Luke. For some reason, I just can't write Luke. I'm no good at Luke/Mara stuff either. I also have problems with Jacen.

Who is easy to write? Jaina, Jag, Han, Leia, Soontir, Wedge, Padme, Anakin

Who your favorite character(s) is/are? Jaina, Jag, Han, Leia, Padme

2. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Great thread, this.

Who is hard to write? : I haven't found anyone hard to write, per se. If I don't attempt certain characters, it's because I don't have background info on them - the EU, for example. Also because I haven't felt this searing interest to write about them. Yet. And I saw the OT seven years ago, so I'm a bit fuzzy about the events. Otherwise, I need to ruminate for a while about how they'd think in any given situation, before I start. And that's mostly it.

I find that if I want to make anything work, I have to start writing - and as I put the words on paper (so to speak), they kind of...write themselves out.

I think Mara would be a challenge to write. :D

Who is easy to write?: Qui-Gon. [I thought I'd find him difficult, but he turned out to be surprisingly easy]. Obi-Wan. Dooku. Anakin.

I find writing the Old Jedi Order easy. I love writing slightly Old World, courtly language (I'm a Georgette Heyer nut). And make the characters exchange sharp retorts. Partly why I find writing Qui/Dook or Qui/Obi easy.

Re stormqueen874: You're luckier than me - at least you've got someone to get you a movie. :D It's been ages since I saw the PT. I've seen TPM exactly twice.

I recommend watching TPM, rather than the JA series (although that helps) when you're attempting Qui- Gods, the man has layers and layers to him. I go by the twinkle in his eyes - I don't know why, but that inspires me more than anything else. Somehow, those eyes kind of map out his whole character - intelligent, compassionate, strong...with this spark of nobility (a trait his apprentice shares). Just like Obi-Wan saying 'Hello There!' defines the man in one stroke. In that instant, you see the very core of their soul. At least, I do. :)

Who are your favorite character(s)?: Qui, Obi, Luke (even if I haven't attempted writing him yet. I need to do some research before I can). Dooku's becoming a fast favourite (Kyn and Jess have corrupted me.) :D

3. stormqueen874

stormqueen874 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2005
    I recommend watching TPM, rather than the JA series (although that helps) when you're attempting Qui- Gods, the man has layers and layers to him. I go by the twinkle in his eyes - I don't know why, but that inspires me more than anything else. Somehow, those eyes kind of map out his whole character - intelligent, compassionate, strong...with this spark of nobility (a trait his apprentice shares). Just like Obi-Wan saying 'Hello There!' defines the man in one stroke. In that instant, you see the very core of their soul. At least, I do.

This helps, believe it or not. Sometimes I feel that when I write with Qui-Gon I'm making him too much of a 'concerned Father figure', though that could just be the context I'm attempting it in. I agree with you on the nobility thing, but that just might be because of your fic about the tunic fitting session. ;)

I also agree that little actions give you the character. That is how Humans relate to each other, yeah? I think that's why I have a much easier time with Obi-Wan, because I've seen him much more in the PT. (It's not that much easier, though sarcasm comes easily to me. It's when I try to write angst that I worry, simply because I try to make it believable, and I hope that it doesn't come off as ridiculous.)

And as for having someone to buy me a movie, well, I sort of swiped it from him. He never watches it anyway, so he'll never miss it. (Watch, tomorrow he'll ask me what happened to it...) :p

Stormqueen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.