main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What constitutes baiting?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Dark Lady Mara, Jun 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KnightWriter

KnightWriter Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 6, 2001
    Is it baiting when mods joke about banning? I don't think those so-called jokes are funny, since mods can actually ban people. If a mod says s/he is going to ban someone, how can you tell if it's a joke or not?

Context clues, intuition, etc. etc. In basic psychology, it's just reading the situation. Some people are unable to do this in real life, and I doubt it's much different here.

2. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005

95% of your posts were directed at two people in particular most of the time.

Basically, you got banned from WNU for spamming, and you came to the JCC with a "mods are bad... kill them all" attitude, and emulated that in every single post you made, and then chose to get even more personal by directing posts at people. Then you moved on to starting long PM conversations with people (me) about how you were treated by the mods.

I'm not trying to personally attack you here. Just giving some backstory.

You should come back to the jcc. Just mingle, and test the waters, you know? Get to know people instead of going in with a personal agenda. Relax a little and try to get a feel for the environment of the place.

3. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    You're a brave one harpoo, your PM inbox will never be the same after this post... [face_worried]

4. Wilderness_Comedian

Wilderness_Comedian Jedi Youngling star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    There's a lot of tension in the JCC from mods and people there. It's good to take a breather from there once in awhile.

5. Cinnamon_Windu

Cinnamon_Windu Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 10, 2005
    To set the record straight: Jedi_Daniel never banned me. But I thought he would if I dared to show my icon in WNU again, because of a post of his that he claimed I misinterpreted. We resolved our differences and I'm no longer afraid to post in WNU. :)

I came to TFN after getting banned from the Official Site. I registered here because I got the impression that the mods here are different. I've found that to be true in most cases. harpuah, I probably carried the attitude you describe over from the other site, and didn't realize I had until the drama in WNU.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.