main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT What did you think of Yoda dueling with a lightsabre in the PT?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by DarthVist, May 3, 2020.

Tags:
?

What's your opinion on it?

1. Love it

40 vote(s)
    67.8%
  2. Hate it

7 vote(s)
    11.9%
  3. Have mixed feelings about it

12 vote(s)
    20.3%
  1. ThisIsTheWay

ThisIsTheWay Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 24, 2019
    While I like that we did get to see Yoda throw down, I do wish his one and only fight on the big screen was against Sidious in EP3.

2. FightoftheForgotten

FightoftheForgotten Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2020
    I hope you all are ready for my HOT TAKE on the Yoda/Sidious duel.

Yoda should have never confronted Sidious face to face. The Clone Wars themselves should have been the fight between Yoda and Sidious, a galactic game of chess that Yoda lost. And Yoda should have realized this once they got back to Coruscant.

3. ThisIsTheWay

Nov 24, 2019
    If they revealed that Yoda hide in his swamp for 2 decades after losing a galactic game of chess against Palpy without even trying to put hands on him afterwards I'd have no choice but to cheer when he finally dies in ROTJ.

The little troll wouldn't have any credibility left at that point.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  4. FightoftheForgotten

FightoftheForgotten Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2020
    Yeah, how dare that 850+ year old not try to take on an evil Sith Master...
    Keep in mind, we're talking about a Yoda that is too old to sword fight.

Sith Lord 2015 likes this.
  5. ThisIsTheWay

Nov 24, 2019
    He's also the grandmaster of an order of superpowered warrior monks who spent the last 850+ years training to fight a gang of evil superpowered monsters in case they made a come back. Ain't no such thing as being "too old to sword fight".

If he's not willing to throw down with the evil Sith Master when all is said and done, he shouldn't of been playing those proxy wars with the Sith lord in the first place.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  6. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    This had to have been done just right and they really pulled it off. It's exactly how Yoda should have fought. Use some powers but also throwdown using a laser sword if need be. In this case, it was needed. A wonderful moment, the midnight showing crowd loved it. Just showed it to my son in a theater (rented), he loved it. And I like how he cant act that way all the time, only when he conjures up the Force energy.

7. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    The Attack of the Clones Yoda fight has grown on me over the years. Yoda’ s fight in Revenge of the Sith is probably my favorite duel in the movies. It’s not only the two most powerful force users squaring off, the fight visually shows the Republic Senate being ripped apart.

8. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s funny to wat h but I still love it

whostheBossk likes this.
  9. screamsinthevoid

screamsinthevoid Jedi Knight

Nov 26, 2017
    I remember kicking back a few beers with a friend in his garage in 1999 , shortly after TPM came out and thinking it would be hillarious to see Yoda fighting with a lightsaber . I even remember making jumping motions from a crouched position on the floor , picturing him fighting Vader and imagining Vader placing his hand on top of Yoda's head , with Yoda swinging wildly at the air and being out of reach . I always imagined both Yoda and the Emperor being beyond the use of lightsabers . Figured their fighting styles would be more akin to a battle of wizards .When AOTC came out , I got a laugh out of seeing Yoda jump around like a frog on speed though .

whostheBossk likes this.
  10. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    Thought it was alright.

I would have preferred a longer Anakin or Obi-Wan duel vs Dooku though. As it was, having Yoda do a Kermit impression from muppet treasure island fighting Tim Curry was amusing...for two seconds. Still...I don't hate it. Just rather indifferent.

As someone else said the ROTS one was better. Was more toned down.

whostheBossk likes this.