main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC What do you do when you're broken hearted?

Discussion in 'Community' started by AutumnLight91, Oct 3, 2022.

1. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    So...

Side note Phantom of the Opera is ending on Broadway in February. So "it's over now" is appropriate for how I kinda feel right now lol.

Okay so...I know I'm more emotional cause of my condition. But I am trying to be more open and vulnerable with everything.

But yeah tl:dr I'm dealing with a broken heart now too. Officially anyway. It's not that I did anything, we weren't really close honestly. All I intended was friendship, i never intended to like her morevthan a friend, but...I found myself falling for her when I was away in Korea. Being away makes you consider things. But that's no longer an option. Hey I get it, I'm glad for her, I am. I know she was interested in someone probably before she did lol. I sometimes have a sense about these things and end up being correct, can't explain it other than that.

But yeah, I'm really glad for her, she's been through a lot past year, so I hope it works out. I just hope to restore friendship and keep it that way in moving on.

But...it stings. It does. This was the first time since high school really having feelings for someone, so first in my adulthood. So I'm just praying the best for them and...that I get over it. Heal and move on.

It is...rough. But one day I have hope...

solojones and Ghost like this.
  2. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Sorry you are going through that. There is no easy answer for what to do. Time heals all wounds I guess, eventually.

3. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Yeah, no two heartbreaks are alike, so it's pretty much impossible to tell you how to cope--everybody copes differently. Glad you are getting it off your chest, though.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
    solojones, Ghost, Runjedirun and 4 others like this.
  4. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Yeah, every heartbreak is alike, so it's pretty easy to tell you how to cope--everybody copes the same way, by playing survival battles on a SW messageboard. Glad you are coming aboard.

5. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018

I shouldn't chuckle at that but I did

solojones, Sarge, Lordban and 2 others like this.
  6. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Hi Nick, that was dumb. <3

Sarge and Coruscant like this.
  7. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    What is your condition?

Good advise. My only addition is give yourself time. You can’t make the feelings go away.

8. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018

Got sunstroke in July, now can't talk.

9. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    There's not a ton to do, it just takes time. A couple things can help, or at least avoid prolonging it.

Let yourself really feel it for a night, which you're doing, which is good. Go ahead and cry it out if you feel like it. Go ahead and indulge and be melodramatic. Watch old romantic movies and cry along. Believe me, those tears will come. Put on the Backstreet Boys and cry, scrunch your face up in anguish and lip sync along. But try to get it all out in one night, or at least most of it. If you need another night, go ahead, but try to reduce the time you spend on it. Try to reduce the time you grieve every time you do it. Scream, cry, and curse into your pillow for 15 minutes, and then let it go and get some sleep.

You gotta get away from the person for at least a while. Can't get over it if you're around the person all the time. It just makes it worse.

Get with your bros and bro it out, but not negatively, which you're not, which is good. Gotta have fun and feel good some other way, to take the place of those good feelings you've now lost. Gotta remind yourself that this person isn't the sole source of happiness. I once had a blast at an all night arcade and forgot all about her. Went back to my usual self after that.

Ghost and Sarge like this.
  10. Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid

Jedi_Sith_Smuggler_Droid Force Ghost star 6

Mar 13, 2014
    Yes. I’ve watched your videos. Didn’t realize that was you with the new icon photo. Hang in there.

11. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Putting on the Backstreet Boys? What are you trying to do to this poor soul.

Sarge and Lady_Belligerent like this.
  12. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Trying to get him to feel, you robot.

Force620 and christophero30 like this.
  13. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    I became a Marxist. Give it a try.

S. Raw Rats, Ramza and CT-867-5309 like this.
  14. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    Eventually you become numb and it’s great

15. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    also

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 3, 2022
    S. Raw Rats and Sarge like this.
  16. JEDI-RISING

JEDI-RISING Chosen One star 6

Apr 15, 2005
    i sat in the dark and listened to sad songs.
    don't be like me.

17. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    Now, seriously, you don't do **** other than trying to keep some perspective while you're on this low point. Life goes on. Eventually this wound you are feeling will become a scab and yeah, it will open from time to time when something reminds you of what you've lost and the blood will get ****ing everywhere and you'll be like "oh god I'm dying who will guard the Arlon now", but it eventually close and leave a pretty scar as a sobering reminder. Just don't use alcohol to disinfect it. I love confusing wound-related metaphors.

18. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Sad songs? Yeah I'm doing it.

But this one...this is the one that will always remind me of her. It's just...too perfect

19. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    I am pleased and proud that CT Numbers stole my post with the Ruffin song.

S. Raw Rats likes this.
  20. Bacon164

Bacon164 Chosen One star 8

Mar 22, 2005
    What is your experience with heartbreak?

21. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Jedi Angella once broke Wocky's heart, I think.

22. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    One time in my life I thought someone beautiful and magnificent was being unjustly excluded from proceedings. But then Bacon told me it was really just because they were a huge butthole all along.

23. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Take comfort in the fact that at least she didn’t take you for $14,000.

She didn’t take you for $14,000, right?

JoinTheSchwarz , Ramza, Sarge and 5 others like this.
  24. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
  25. Lordban

Lordban Isildur's Bane star 7

Nov 9, 2000
    Nothing much to offer - every person and breakup differs - but a few pieces of questionable wisdom.

1. Give it time. Emotional pain always leaves something behind, but it fades as the road goes on.
    2. In the mean time, don't be afraid to let yourself feel. Whoever says a man's feelings should be bottled up and they should man up is an idiot.
    3. You're doing it right already - find those silly people you know, and smile when they are magnificent idiots :)