main
side
curve

What do you hope will be different at C4?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by MANDALORIANSMSD, Jul 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MANDALORIANSMSD

MANDALORIANSMSD Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2006
    What lessons learned do you hope will show. In another word.....what do you hope they change and will be different about C4 from C3. I hope for more doors open to allow a large crowd to move much faster, much bigger names in the autographs areas and longer hours with bigger store.

2. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    well, i already know that the store operation will be different, so hopefully that'll turn out for the better.

i hope they think something better up than "celebration @ celebration" 'cause i can't say that it was all that great. the concert at CII was awesome, so i hope they move back in that direction.

the only plus, for me, about the new locale is at least i know i won't be nearing hypothermia while in an outdoor line. i'm just hoping it won't be sweltering either, since that's a possibility.

i guess other than that, just overall better line management...somehow. they haven't really managed to improve upon that so far.

3. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Programming that is actually on time.

4. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY

JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 8, 2003
    I agree. The band wasn't all that good at C3 and people just stood around. Almost in a pissy mood. I went there to party and instead ran into a bunch of hum hums.

5. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    I'm actually hoping they have informed people this time... people who know when something is supposed to start or where lines are supposed to line up. No one knew anything about the Lucas thing when I asked. One idiot from GenCom actually replied "Lucas, he's actually here this time?" ((SIGH)).. why bother wearing the shirt if you don't know ANYTHING!???!?! Freakin tools!

6. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I agree with your point about entrance doors. Many people posted the same complaint about C2 and we were hopeful they would find a solution by C3. Maybe 3rd time's charm.

I agree with you about the concert. It was great. The only thing I didn't like was standing in line half a day to purchase a ticket.

I volunteered for OfficialPix and for GenCon. Working for them was like night & day. OfficialPix was so organized, assigned duties prior to arrival, and arranged a 30 minute overlap so the relief worker could be brought up to speed. My shifts with Gencon were anything but organized. I think one of the major problems was there were not enough volunteers to cover all the positions. I kept getting pulled from one duty and sent to another. I really didn't know what was going on half the time. It was still fun helping out and I hope to be able to do the same for C4.

7. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    How about ordering tickets to special events like concerts and special panels on line? You would still have to wait in a line, but you would at least be guarnteed to attending an event.?

8. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY

Jun 8, 2003
    I like that idea.

9. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Force Ghost star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I agree, make preorders availble for some events (like 'fast pass') and allow people to pre purchase some items from the store.

10. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    If the fan club only day starts at 12:00, I want to get in before 1:00. This is my wifes first con and if we stand in line for 3 hours in cotton jedi costumes sweating like pigs, it might be her last. [face_not_talking]

11. MANDALORIANSMSD

MANDALORIANSMSD Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2006
    Lets hope they open many more doors for faster enterance to the convention. Or real early like 9am.

12. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    [blockquote]CarolynNC posted:

I agree with you about the concert. It was great. The only thing I didn't like was standing in line half a day to purchase a ticket.

[/blockquote][hr]
    ditto, i was third in line for those concert tix--waited about 5 hours.>

13. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006

I was kinda hoping they were going to impose a new rarely often used rule that all women had to either dress up like Slave Leia or a female stormtrooper. I actually saw some girl in that armor and it was really nice! =)

14. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    Not the FEMBOT trooper armor?!?! (shudder) I saw that and did not like it at all, I sure wouldn't wear it. And what about Padme costumes Grump? She's got some good ones.

15. Grumpy_Jedi

Jun 2, 2006
    Fembot? I'm not sure I know what that is.. all I know is I saw some chick walking around in Stormtrooper armor.. the chest plate was really molded for a womans chest and the stomach was exposted.

16. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    You do not want to see me in a Slave Leia or trooper outfit. :eek: Of course if they put an age limit on it I might be able to age out of the requirement. :)

17. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    The problem with this idea (and it would be a problem LOL): think of a sea of people dressed all the same, well, almost the same :). You lose track of your wife/girlfriend, she's missing for hours <g>. OK, maybe that's not such a bad thing. [face_laugh]

18. JEDI-KNIGHT-JAY

Jun 8, 2003
    Oh yes. Who could of have forgotten about her. Not I.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.