main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What do you know about Poland ?

Discussion in 'Europe General Archive' started by Luck, May 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Fizyk

Darth_Fizyk Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 10, 2003
    Chimpo:
    They think they are the smartest people in the World
    You're talking like Gungans :p
    And to be honest, in Poland are many people, who think, that they are the best, the smartest, and so on... like in other countries.

Before II World War they were brave but when Hitler attacked Poland they didn't do anything !!!!!
    We had a marvelous Government then :) And we Had Pilsudski (but he died before WWII). But it has passed, and know we must trust ourselves :) We should remember it, but still, it shouldn't have affect on today and tommorow :)

And I hope to see some changes But they will be seen probably in 10 years with our goverment work
    And I'm waiting for changes too :) I'm curious, if We will see those changes with our government... :(

2. Nwalme Jade

Nwalme Jade Ex(patriated) RSA star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 13, 2000
    Glad to see things have calmed down, but I still want to answer to those points ;)

1) French are brave when someone is fighting for them. They forgot about thousands of Poles who lost their lives fighting first for freedom of France, because France always said they will help us to fight for our freedom. Their word is B*******!!!! And don't say it's not true because the history will judge this.
    Uh? What conflict are you referring to?

2) Before II World War they were brave but when Hitler attacked Poland they didn't do anything !!!!!
    No, the government did nothing when Czechoslovakia was invaded. The invasion of Poland triggered the beginning of WWII.

3) They think they are the smartest people in the World and everything that is against their will is bad and can't be accepted.
    That's a bad generalization, but Kdace dealt with that point.

4) There are stupid laws that don't allow Islamic people and other relligions to wear in public anykind of relligion relicts. What is this?
    Secularism is an old tradition in France. You may not agree with it but please respect our culture.

On the Europe issue though I understand your point, and yeah, power shouldn't be in the hands of Germany & France alone.

3. Chimpo_the_Sith

Chimpo_the_Sith Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 15, 2003
    Uh? What conflict are you referring to? Let me see?? Hmm Napoleon Era, II World War, if I looked harder I would find some more.

No, the government did nothing when Czechoslovakia was invaded. The invasion of Poland triggered the beginning of WWII. Of course it started II World War :( But of course the only fighting were Poland vs Germany and USSR. France and Great Britain just send Germans some papers to stop the war, nothing more.

4. Nwalme Jade

Apr 13, 2000
    I think that point is irrelevant for the simple fact that a nation never fights alone. We got the help of soldiers from other countries, we also helped other countries, like Greece or America. So what?

As for WWII, we did fight. Of course, we lost after a few weeks so I can't blame you for thinking we actually sneaked away from that one ;)

5. Kdace

Kdace RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 23, 2001
    French were still fighting even after 1940. Soldiers answered General De Gaulle call and went to London. There were dispatched in UK army or US army. Civils were also fighting with the resistance.

6. pirry

pirry Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 20, 2002
    Every invided country would do that ;)

7. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
    It's not the point that you fight. It is about helping us when we needed help.

8. Nwalme Jade

Apr 13, 2000
    I don't see how we didn't help during WW2. We declared war to Germany when Hitler invaded Poland. Excuse us for having been beaten before being able to reach Poland and free it! ;)

9. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    But if France and UK attacked Hitler then short after daclaration of war, WWII would be much shorter :) When Hitler attacked Poland, he left a little Army on his west boarders. But stop talking about WWII and about powerfull countries. (Maybe we (European fans of SW) should start a new Country in Europe?). I hope, that some day, there will be one big Country called Earth :)

10. Chimpo_the_Sith

Mar 15, 2003
  11. Loru

Loru Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 6, 2004
    Or one big city called "Earth"??? :) :) :)

12. Darth_Fizyk

Jul 10, 2003
    I will not be "Earth" then. It'll be Coruscant ;)

13. darth_michael_666

darth_michael_666 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2004
    hello i'm from poland and i'm new in jedi council but i like very much SW and poland is so beatifull ccountry :).And i think : we can be a friends now and all countries now is one : "corusant" (i agree darth fizyk opinion) :) ;)

14. Ameera

Ameera Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    You should listen to my American friends when I talk about Poland. They think all Polish people are little grandmothers sitting on their front porches with kerchiefs tied around their heads. [face_plain]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.