main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Canada What do you think of the NEW Clone Wars?

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Lord_Robert, Jun 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Robert

Lord_Robert Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2005
    If you went to C4 you saw the sneak preview If you didn't here's the link preview.

The animation is great. I could go both ways on the chacter animation. The cartoonish look gives it a different look.

I am looking forward to seeing everything that they missed in the first cartoon.

2. PreludeRM

PreludeRM FanForce CR, & Fanforce Council Calgary, Alberta star 4

Oct 28, 2002
    I can't wait for this. Being in the first group at C4 to watch this was totally amazing. I think we all had goose bumps the whole time. Is it 2008 yet??? And they have filmed to episode 9 already which is awesome. Hopefully some good station up here in Canada pick it up. I can see us getting screwed yet again. Oh well there is always downloading.

3. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    I'm so pumped. Didn't go to c4 but saw the trailer and have been talking about it in the SSS forum. I love the way it looks, but I'm hoping they cleaned up the voice actors a little. Looking foward to the Anakin vs Dooku duel. Plus Asajj finding Skywalker.

4. Mokitty

Mokitty Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    I'm pleased that they've got someone who genuinely cares about SW and gets it at the helm.

Two thumbs up from me.

5. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    I think Lucas is over seeing this himself.

6. Mokitty

Mokitty Jedi Youngling star 1

May 8, 2002
    He's closely involved, but from what they were saying at the Clone Wars panel at CIV, it was more a matter of him giving the people making it almost unlimited control, and being so pleased with what they were turning out that he won't leave them alone now. They said that as the process went along he kept showing up more and more wanting to see what they'd done.

7. SolitaryWanderer

SolitaryWanderer Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    Wow. I never had the Cartoon network myself but this looks like it'd be worthwhile if I was able to see it online.

8. DarkSavior

DarkSavior Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2006
    I think that's one of the best things about it. I know that they based "The force unleashed" off of some of the moves that Mace Windu did when the driods surrounded him.

They were really impressed by that. I think it's one of the better ones force wise.

9. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    So is this on TV up here at all?

10. KudosDas

KudosDas Jedi Padawan star 2

Jan 14, 2005
    We'll have to see. Lucas still hasn't found, or chosen, a network to put it on.

11. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    I'm guessing it's going to be like the first go around of CW. That it'll be on Cartoon Network and after that season is done, wait a few months and BAM! Teletoon will pick the baby up.

I'm more concerned about the theatrical release? Is it still going to be in theatres up here?

12. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    For any one who has not heard this will be in theaters Aug 15 as a movie and the on teletoon.

13. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    So Teletoon has confirmed they're picking it up same time as Cartoon Network?

Sweet. This is why I LOVE Teletoon.

14. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Yes! Whew. I thought we'd have to wait a year to get it. This makes my day!

Wait. Do we have to wait a year for it to premier on Teletoon or is it set for the same time as in the U.S?

15. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    That would suck if we have to wait longer for Teletoon to pick it up. We'd see the first part in theatres and then It'd be like... "Now what?"

I just can't wait for this show. It's been far too long since I got my CW fix.

16. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    I can't remember but didn't we have to wait months for the first Clone Wars cartoons? I seem to remember catching them when I could around the time ROTS came out.

And yeah I can't wait to see this thing in the theater. It will suck heavily if we have to wait half a year or longer to find out what happens next. I actually wrote teletoon to see if they had the contract and when the show would be on. Of course no word yet.:rolleyes:

17. _Sublime_Skywalker_

May 8, 2004
    We had to wait, I guess about 5 months for CW after US debut. I also remember Teletoon being very sparse with what they showed us. It would be a chapter a night, sometimes two. Then they'd have the whole season shown in one shot and they only did that twice.

But thats where the tube comes in handy. It's TV that YOU control.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.